Thread: Been looking at Agiles...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Been looking at Agiles...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Agile-PS-970...#ht_500wt_1287

Saw this one on the Bay. The Floyd is what ruined the deal for me... but man oh man... that thing is hot!

What are some good Agiles? I already have a MIM Strat and I do NOT trust Strat copies for the life of me (Fender, G&L, and Squier are the only strats I'll actually mess with). I've been looking at 3100s and some LP DC Copies (I just wish they had some DC's with a single Volume/ Single Tone, and a 3-way switch).

What're your opinions on the subject of Agile?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Been looking at Agiles...

Keep an eye out for a PS-900, that's the same model with a hard tail tune-o-matic.

PS-924 has a Wilkinson Trem.

The Agile Strats might be nice, but the SX guitars are 2 1/4" neck pockets, meaning you can't put a real Strat neck on them, not sure if the Agiles are the same way.

The LP copies are some of the nicest guitars on the planet for the money. They blow away Epiphones, and will beat out some Gibsons.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 11,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

Mojo's Minions
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good for the money, and can be quite decent with upgraded pickups and electronics.

Better brands for LP copies are Edwards, Tokai and Epi elitist.....but much more pricy.

Agiles and other similar copies are better for putting hotter pickups in, as the pickup character tends to dominate the tone of the wood.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like how people always talk about how great they are, but then put them up for sale. That's a good looking guitar in the auction.

Jessie's ghost

Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I like how people always talk about how great they are, but then put them up for sale. That's a good looking guitar in the auction.
    I don't know about the quality issue, but a lot of people have had to sell guitars simply because they came up hurting for money.

Personally, I think my guitars are perfect when I buy them. Otherwise, why would I have bought them? Then I spend some time and get to know their issues and limitations.

Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    They LP copies are fine guitars and I've gotten rid of the ones I've had only because my stable of vintage Ibanez do that better. If I didn't have the Ibby's I doubt that I would have moved the Agiles. I can still be tempted by the right Agile at any moment..............

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dominus View Post
    Keep an eye out for a PS-900, that's the same model with a hard tail tune-o-matic.

PS-924 has a Wilkinson Trem.
    You suck. Now I'm GASing big time.

I saw a Thread about a guy trading a 3100 AND a 924, and it just so happens that he's looking for a guitar that I'm not bonding with anymore. Too bad that post was almost 2 years ago. Oh well.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are so many Agiles I would love if they just had two fewer frets...
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthejester13 View Post
    Some musicians are good, and some are not so good. Some musicians use guitars, and some don't use guitars. The end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5iA4Zupek

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like gibson's frets, finishes, woods, and construction much, much, much better (when they do it right). Enough to say "every $300 spent on an agile is $300 that would go further towards something that will blow me away rather than just satisfy me". Not all gibsons blow me away but the right ones do.

also, Agile doesn't suck as a whole company, but they have their gems and duds like everyone else. Now I'm mostly into guitars that I can either try out at the store before buying, or medium high-end guitars from really good internet dealers. i bought my Am std strat knowing that Wildwood guitars usually seems to stock pretty nice axes, so I knew I had a high probability of receiving a good one.
    In short, I'm not into the "import guitar gamble" anymore.

Anyways, I owned a Agile 3100 and I liked it a lot at first until I started trying out more and more Gibsons and found that the 3100 wasn't my bag. but the 3100 would be my agile of choice if I were in the market for one. The best part was the ebony board, it sort of balances out the lack of a full-sized maple cap.
    Last edited by FuseG4; 02-26-2012 at 10:17 PM.
    ----
    My gear:
    Arisa, Fender American Standard Stratocaster
    Kureha, Squier Vintage Modified Jazzmaster
    Jasmine, Agile AL-3000M

Orange OR15 head w/ Vox 112NT cab
    Fender Champion 20

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a 3100, it is a good guitar... They are decent all around LP copies, like said, it's no Gibson but it competes with the other copies at a very affordable price point. With pickup upgrades and a little work, it can do it's thing pretty darn good. Also, be wary of the "jumbo" frets label on their LP style guitars, they would be considered Med-Low, Low frets by most other companies and by no means qualify as jumbo in my book.
    "This is my hat now, this is totally my hat..."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie's ghost View Post
    I don't know about the quality issue, but a lot of people have had to sell guitars simply because they came up hurting for money.
    +1. Lots of Gibsons being unloaded on eBay too, even viintage stuff. The lackluster economy is the common denominator. People are selling all kinds of things to drum up cash.