Thread: Quartet/Trio Guitarist

neonderthalotonalogist Dr.Mavashi's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Quartet/Trio Guitarist

That is dudes from one guitar bands with only rythm secion behind/along singe guitar. Few questions on your live rigs ...

How many of you play with either slap back Delay or Reverb to "space up" the sound ?

How many of you play with no slap back Delay or Reverb ?

How many of you use octave deviders and similar in functionality pedals for occasional single note passages/lead licks ?

How many of you have cabs on both sides of the drum kit?
    “My Singal:
    MIA Lone Star Strat(HSS-Fullshred/Tex-Specials) ->

BadHoarsie1-> TS9 RI (Spina Mod) Ibanez FL9_RI -> Ibanez CS9_RI -> MXR CAE 401 ->

50 watt Laney AOR_ProTube 6 knobber (Vinnie Moore mod - V1 with second half engaged) | efxloop Rocktron Hush pedal | ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Quartet/Trio Guitarist

I have the reverb on my fender concert and that's it out of that list.

What I've found is that when playing in a three piece you really have to play a rhythm/lead hybrid style. That fills up the space and keeps it sounding good. Of course, you'll need a good drummer and competent bassist to pull it off, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLivingDead View Post
    H-S guitars with floyds make me erect.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcthejester13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's like nailing twins. They are identical but feel totally different.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

ive done lots of trio gigs. depending on the venue ive done everything from straight into a tweed deluxe to running two amps, one on either side of the drummer, with reverb and stereo effects.

i have a boss oc2 that is great for adding a little texture and really thickening up single note lines.

playing in a trio can be great with the right rhythm section. youd like to make sure that the drums, bass, and guitar all sit in different frequency ranges so theres seperation and a full sound

Cat In The Hatministrator stevie_bees's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just use a bit of delay sometimes, or maybe some phaser to give a bit of movement. I'm really lucky to have a fab rhythm section behind me. We've been told that we "Make quite a racket for a 3-piece!"