Thread: GFS Strat vibratos/blocks

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default GFS Strat vibratos/blocks

Hi,

I am wondering if the GFS Strat vibratos are a worthwhile upgrade for a MIM Strat with the small block. Or would you just get the block and continue to use the stock bridge?

As for the block, what are your feelings about brass vs. steel?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: GFS Strat vibratos/blocks

Brass is a little less bright than steel. Both are much better than Zinc. I don't love their saddles, but they are ok. You would be better served with a Wilkinson. Much better quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are Wilkinsons made to fit MIM guitars?
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Yogi Berra was correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd have to check. If not, I just dowel them and re drill. The center 2 screw holes are usually close enough and the rest just need a little adjustment. Of course, a 2 point is quite easy to do as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Forget GFS! That ******bag Jay whatever his face who runs things IMO is a major ******. Ive bought bunch of crap form those a-holes..its not necessary..if you look, other better sellers have the same stuff, and in most cases, better.IN many instances, the junk they send you has been used or recycled.
    What I'm getting at is they sell a bunch of crap at inflated prices. I'm ot gonna lie..Ive been happy with some of their stuff..I have a GFS Ceramic Mini-Humbucker in the neck of my Tele, that does just what I want, but then again, its now out of production by GFS.

So, heres my main beef again: I bought a Neodymium pickup from GFS off Ebay. It arrived DOA, and clearly used and the ends have been resoldered. I send a message to "Jay" at GFS, that the pickup is dead. ..he sends me back a threatening message saying to the effect he will not refund the price, and his pickup could NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE FAULTY.
    Okay, so I tell him to shove it, send it back, and I get a full refund. Last time I will EVER do business with GFS.
    If you want a Neodymium pickup, look up "Entwhistle"-he's a British seller on Ebay..cheaper and MUCH better that G the eff S.
    On a side note, Ive ordered several things from Great Britian recently without any issues whatsoever.
    Last edited by MetalManiac; 04-13-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i have one of their Strat vibratos, much beefier and solid compared to the squier level trem i had and it made a nice difference in the sustain. My only beef is the base was slightly wider which meant i had to cut the pick guard which was a PITA. There might be better low cost trems but i don't know who that would be, i wasn't about to put a $230 trem on a $350 guitar.

Human powerplant Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Get one of the Gotoh/Wilkinson bridges, they make a few that can fit into both MIM and MIA plus MIJ
    Not gonna miss you know!
    Information is not knowledge.