Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Ways to make extra money....

  1. #21
    GrumpyWorfologist newking70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    MILE HIGH
    Posts
    12,729
    Likes (Given)
    58
    Likes (Received)
    266

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Seriously . . . sperm bank. At 35 - 50$ a pop (according to yahoo), it shouldn't take you more than two months. And you'll be warmed up for your trip with your hot friend.

    i think they want quality spunk.......probably not somebody who hangs out at a gear forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

  2. #22
    Vintageologist crusty philtrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne Australia
    Posts
    7,251

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by jaybonitrane View Post
    Hole.

    A really nice hole can be worth money.

    You could even broker rental agreements for holes.

    ah, the Holistic approach. Nice.
    Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

    STALKER, NO STALKING !!!

  3. #23
    Something Cool uOpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    14,490
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    559

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Have you considered getting a regular loan for this project instead of just letting the credit card company rip you off?

    I never understood these things. Simply doing nothing and not paying off the credit card is the worst possible way to have any kind of loan.

  4. #24
    Minion of One Andrew Lamprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,866
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    241

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by gilaltom3 View Post
    My roommate works for domino's and he drives minimal miles and makes like 70 bucks in tips plus hourly pay. I'd say pizza places are a good way to make cash.
    I applied to one place today... the guy saw me waiting outside before they opened and was very friendly with me. Hopefully I can get a call back.

    Quote Originally Posted by bungalowbill View Post
    You are a musician, right?

    ]
    In Adrian, Michigan? hehe There are places to jam but no places that pay money... heh

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    A friend / with "her" ....
    I wouldnt expect any lesser of you Ace. haha I am just friends with this girl, seriously. She is 28 and has a kid.

    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarStv View Post
    Dude is 19 . . . he should hit up some sperm banks. That's decent money for 2 minutes of work once or twice a day.
    I'm not sure I would feel comfortable with that haha.

    Quote Originally Posted by youngthrasher9 View Post
    You are referring to the same chick that everyone was trying to convince you to put the moves on aren't you?
    No, different girl.

    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    It's spring, and summer is around just the corner. Mow yards, trim bushes, pick weeds, clean gutters, cut limbs, etc.... There's a ton of things people will pay you to do that they either don't want to do, or physically can't do.
    Thats an idea. Lots of old people in my neighborhood.

    Quote Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
    Have you considered getting a regular loan for this project instead of just letting the credit card company rip you off?

    I never understood these things. Simply doing nothing and not paying off the credit card is the worst possible way to have any kind of loan.
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't take a loan out and I don't have a bunch of debt. In fact, I am trying to avoid having debt by getting a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    Gear was simple, ya plugged in, turned up and played. The men were separated from the boys. Now it's mostly limp-wristed sissies wearing makeup and scowling at the camera. None of them would have cut it in the dinosaur days, they would have pooped their pants and run home to mummy.

  5. #25
    Mojo's Minions Edgecrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    American lost in Italy
    Age
    37
    Posts
    3,705
    Likes (Given)
    38
    Likes (Received)
    395

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post

    I am just friends with this girl, seriously. She is 28 and has a kid.

    Score! that means she puts out!
    "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

    "Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
    you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

  6. #26
    Something Cool uOpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    14,490
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    559

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about. I didn't take a loan out and I don't have a bunch of debt. In fact, I am trying to avoid having debt by getting a job.
    I was responding to you bringing up the possibility of paying with a credit card.

  7. #27
    Mojo's Minions Lazarus1140's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    11,307
    Likes (Given)
    583
    Likes (Received)
    793

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    I don't recommend the gigalo business. I am still in debt trying to repay all the dissatisfied customers.
    KILLING THREADS SINCE 2007

  8. #28
    Gear Ho Gearjoneser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chatsworth, Ca.
    Age
    43
    Posts
    34,861
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1578

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    When I was 20, I bought a used carpet steam cleaning machine for $500. Best investment I ever made, because I still own it. With that $500, I probably made around 100K, and I also didn't have to worry about working out, because it's good exercise.

    Once people know you clean carpets, rugs, home and auto upholstery, and you're cheaper than all the carpet cleaning scam companies out there, you WILL get work. Every 30 minute job, you'll get $50 +. And people with pets will be loyal customers.

    It's better if you have a small pickup, but if you can haul a steam machine, you'll make money easily.
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

    If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

    If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

  9. #29
    Minion of One Andrew Lamprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,866
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    241

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgecrusher View Post
    Score! that means she puts out!


    Quote Originally Posted by uOpt View Post
    I was responding to you bringing up the possibility of paying with a credit card.
    Would the bank give me a $3000 loan? I am only 19.....
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    Gear was simple, ya plugged in, turned up and played. The men were separated from the boys. Now it's mostly limp-wristed sissies wearing makeup and scowling at the camera. None of them would have cut it in the dinosaur days, they would have pooped their pants and run home to mummy.

  10. #30
    Mojo's Minions karpathion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    In the dirty.
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,600
    Likes (Given)
    87
    Likes (Received)
    218

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    I did pretty much the same thing when I was 19. I bought a used pressure washer from an uncle for $200. It made me enough money to buy a paint sprayer, so I could paint houses after I washed them.

    It doesn't take long to hit the money. In three months you could be making $1200-$1500 a week, If you don't pay any help.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    When I was 20, I bought a used carpet steam cleaning machine for $500. Best investment I ever made, because I still own it. With that $500, I probably made around 100K, and I also didn't have to worry about working out, because it's good exercise.

    Once people know you clean carpets, rugs, home and auto upholstery, and you're cheaper than all the carpet cleaning scam companies out there, you WILL get work. Every 30 minute job, you'll get $50 +. And people with pets will be loyal customers.

    It's better if you have a small pickup, but if you can haul a steam machine, you'll make money easily.

  11. #31
    Something Cool uOpt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    14,490
    Likes (Given)
    5
    Likes (Received)
    559

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
    Would the bank give me a $3000 loan? I am only 19.....
    If you have a steady income and didn't do anything to damage your credit. I mean banks are random, in particular since 2008 and the crash.

    But think about it: the credit line with your credit card has been approved. In theory if you have managed to get a CC with $3000 credit line you should be able to get a real loan for $3000, too.

    Just in case it's not known to you, don't take one of those cash advances from your credit card company.

  12. #32
    member jcthejester13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Moorhead, MN
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,024

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    How much would your charge for sexual acts... like the really dirty stuff. Most of the mainstream stuff is covered and not really in high demand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass_Medic_05 View Post
    I dig the wood!

  13. #33
    pompous Aceman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Age
    47
    Posts
    23,743
    Likes (Given)
    213
    Likes (Received)
    2587

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    (watch me save a life right here....)

    28, and a kid, and she want s you to go with her? Here is how this turns out;

    You think she'll let you hit it.
    She KNOWS you want to hit it, and has let you subtly believe so.*
    You bust hump to get trip money.
    You, her, and kid go on trip.
    You end up watching kid while she goes and bangs strangers, and then hangs out with you the next day. Then at night, she goes out again.

    *Did you catch the Jedi Mind-F*&^$ right there?

    Bust your hump, make 3k, and spend 300 on it bedding 18-20 yaer olds at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. I would like to award you a internet trophy for "best comment on a proco rat discussion". Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.

  14. #34
    Dawn Of The Shred TheLivingDead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The wrong hole
    Age
    27
    Posts
    17,571
    Likes (Given)
    9811
    Likes (Received)
    2398

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    It's spring, and summer is around just the corner. Mow yards, trim bushes, pick weeds, clean gutters, cut limbs, etc.... There's a ton of things people will pay you to do that they either don't want to do, or physically can't do.
    Damn straight! I'm pullin' in an extra $300 a month just from the old folks around my house. Yard work yard work yard work.


    Oh and Ace might have a point.

  15. #35
    Mojo's Minions everdrone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N. Austin, TX
    Posts
    4,085

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....



    My solo downtuned HEAVY rock project https://soundcloud.com/earthalliance or http://www.soundclick.com/earthalliance

    Guitarist and Bassist in North Austin, Texas

    Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.

  16. #36
    Shaftologist Kam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Age
    26
    Posts
    10,135
    Likes (Given)
    248
    Likes (Received)
    464

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    I will paypay you $30 if you find that guy in the chicken suit and upload a video of yourself kicking him in the balls.
    Every love that made me lose my reasoning. Every chord that made my conscience ache. Every day spent counting hours. Well, none of them comes close to singing back a song inside my head.

    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

  17. #37
    Minion of One Andrew Lamprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Michigan
    Age
    21
    Posts
    8,866
    Likes (Given)
    220
    Likes (Received)
    241

    Default Re: Ways to make extra money....

    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    (watch me save a life right here....)

    28, and a kid, and she want s you to go with her? Here is how this turns out;

    You think she'll let you hit it.
    She KNOWS you want to hit it, and has let you subtly believe so.*
    You bust hump to get trip money.
    You, her, and kid go on trip.
    You end up watching kid while she goes and bangs strangers, and then hangs out with you the next day. Then at night, she goes out again.

    *Did you catch the Jedi Mind-F*&^$ right there?

    Bust your hump, make 3k, and spend 300 on it bedding 18-20 yaer olds at home.
    No, its not like that and she has already made it clear. She also said I cant pull any **** on her or she will get really pissed. So no worries. I'll find some other chicks there.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    Gear was simple, ya plugged in, turned up and played. The men were separated from the boys. Now it's mostly limp-wristed sissies wearing makeup and scowling at the camera. None of them would have cut it in the dinosaur days, they would have pooped their pants and run home to mummy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •