Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Im in indecisive hell..

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Im in indecisive hell..

Quote Originally Posted by AlexR View Post
    I'd have to say that mine might be somewhat different to others', as the 59 coil came from a bridge trembucker (the jazz is from a stock neck pup)
    Now that sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieToo View Post
    So, if one made two hybrids from a 59 and Jazz, would the "other" pup, (Jazz-screw/59-stud), still be a decent pup?

I'm thinking it wouldn't be a critical difference.
    I have the 59/Jazz hybrid in the neck position of 4 guitars (all mahogany Gibson-styled instruments basically) and the coil orientation doesn't seem to matter much, if at all.

The biggest and most stunning thing about these pickups is the three-dimensional quality of the sound, and in a good instrument, it is amazing just how much 'more' of the guitar you will hear. You can almost hear your fingers walking around on the fretboard when you play. The articulation and detail is wonderful.

The coil orientation may matter more with bridge hybrids, but i think you could happily use either configuration of the neck hybrid without fear of losing anything in the equation.
    Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?)

STALKER, NO STALKING !!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

BloodRose, I have the Seth neck and the UOA5 59/cust. in my HSH Kramer w/Floyd Rose. These pups sound amazing. For more vintage, I think Seth set would be fantastic in your LP. As the Lt. says, you have to decide if you want vintage or modern sound.
    Farhad aka Strat111

"The older I get, the better I used to be".
    Woke up this morning, sticky, broke, & confused.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LtKojak View Post
    Ok, I'm in Italy, so this may be totally out of reach because of the shipping expenses, but, if you provide the p'ups I can make the hybrids for you, assemble, test, and mod with whatever magnet and/or way you'd like to completely free of charge, BloodRose.

That'll be my way to say thank you for introduce me to the A8 mag, something that, paraphrasing Seymour Duncan, "changed my tone, changed my life".

Let me know.

HTH,
    Awww... Thats awesome Bro! Thank you!! Honestly, corny as this sounds.. But just knowing that I did something that you feel helped you so much, is payment enough for me.. I thought the C8 was amazing when I tried it, so I just wanted to share...

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieToo View Post
    Hey BR. I'll make you the same offer, and of course, I live in your town.

But I'm curious about two things. I'm surprised that a 59/Jazz would be that much different than a plain 59. They both use an A5 mag and the DC resistance is only slightly different.

The other thing is, on the 59/Jazz hybrid, which coil, (stud or adjustable), is from the 59, and which from the Jazz? Same question for the Custom/59.
    Thanks to you too! I read B2Rs tutoral and think I can handle it. Just was afraid at first.. Besides Im saving my favor the the Amp! haha. Trying to get some $ for the parts. Will email you shortly

Quote Originally Posted by dystrust View Post
    What didn't you like about a bridge 59 in your Les Paul? My initial impression was that the bridge 59 was really bright and honky with almost no body to speak of. Raising it slightly immediately changed tone for the better, and I found the pickup to be quite height sensitive.

Fast forward a couple years and I really like it. Through my Marshall I get tones similar to Alex Lifeson on Rush's All the World's A Stage live record. Might be something to try before you get into hybrids. Just my $.02.
    I never used a 59 bridge in the bridge of my LP.. used it in a Kramer.. just wasnt the beef I was looking for .. The A2pro I used in the bridge of my LP, I had to crank it so high up to get a full sound that it Killed my sustain cuz the magnet from the pup was stopping my strings..
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by orpheo View Post
    the aldrich set sounds so boring and dull compared with the hybrids I tried.

the 59/jazz sounds super full, broad, dynamic, clear. every piece of your playing is boosted to crazyness. I just love the 59/jazz in the neck and the 59/custom or pearly/custom. the pearly is a bit dirtier and a little bit more sag, but just a BIT. I.e.: works GREAT with floyds!!!
    Here is why Im so hung up on this guys.. I want a very lively, expressive tone for the LP. I REALLY want and need to find That guitar and my tone. I have to sell gear and Ive also come to the realization that Im a hack and not improving too fast so I dont need the gear I have and I REALLY need the money and the space. PLUS, I realize Ive spent more time working on guitars than playing them.. SO. Im wanting to find the special Lp and floyded axe and then purge... And then focus on playing and not gear!!

These hybrids sound killer
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    I have the 59/Jazz hybrid in the neck position of 4 guitars (all mahogany Gibson-styled instruments basically) and the coil orientation doesn't seem to matter much, if at all.

The biggest and most stunning thing about these pickups is the three-dimensional quality of the sound, and in a good instrument, it is amazing just how much 'more' of the guitar you will hear. You can almost hear your fingers walking around on the fretboard when you play. The articulation and detail is wonderful.

The coil orientation may matter more with bridge hybrids, but i think you could happily use either configuration of the neck hybrid without fear of losing anything in the equation.
    So, its really that different than just a 59 or just a jazz huh??

Jol Dantzig

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BloodRose View Post
    Besides I'm saving my favor the the Amp!
    No prob, man. I'm doing a 2-for-1 special this month.

Did I mention . . . I occasionally work for beer.