Thread: Picked up a Line 6 FM-4 for cheap today on a whim

Ultimate Tone Slacker xxxplorer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Picked up a Line 6 FM-4 for cheap today on a whim

I couldn't pass it up. Was a good deal I think ($70 bucks), and I liked goofing around with the filter models on the M-9 I had, but I ended up selling that pedal.

I actually think this purple box of horrid noises sounds 'better' than the same models on the M series. I remember the M-9s stuff sounding 'clearer' or 'more controled'. I don't know if this is really the case or not, but this thing is really cool lol.

I plugged it in when I got it home and whatever setting the previous owner had for one of the spots sounds like a psuedo tremelo with wierd modulation... I wrote a song around it already, that's a good sign!

Most people would find these noises repulsive and offensive... to me it's beautiful and fun!

For sure not for use with everything, but will be cool to have on those nights when the wife is out of town and I'm bored and up late lol.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Picked up a Line 6 FM-4 for cheap today on a whim

I fell in love with the far out sounds of Frusciante when he used this little box.. Never got around to buy one. Good price you got!

Ultimate Tone Slacker xxxplorer's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It's such a weird sounding pedal. When my band gets here soon for practice I can't wait to see the look on their faces when I turn it on lol. It will be hilarious hehehe.
    Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great price, first of all.

Always wondered about that pedal. Too far out for me, but godspeed you, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by nedcronin View Post
    Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalmachine View Post
    dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've been shopping around for one of these pedals for a long time now, though it's recently kinda taken a back seat on my priority list. They seem like a blast. I'd love to hear any more thoughts you have on it after you play with it a bit more.

Congrats on the NPD!
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.