Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Trader Alert

Varg

Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

Why exactly is this guy Metalmaniac even allowed on the forum? Seriously?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Varg View Post
    Why exactly is this guy Metalmaniac even allowed on the forum? Seriously?
    cause he's a legend.
    #WhyNotUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cearlock View Post
    Interesting..It was all tested and worked as per your instructions when it left my house. As for after that, I can't speak for.

I am done with this, as I see no further need to defend myself. The thing that makes me frustrated, is that this guy couldn't even consult me on the wiring before posting slanderous, hurtful, and just plain inaccurate statements.
    Another sign of alcoholism and addiction in general:everything is someone else's fault.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cearlock View Post
    ^ Love it when other people judge when they have no idea what is actually happening. I am neither a drunk nor have any addictions. I do however have a wife and 5 kids, and am a regular member of our church, so no time for addictions for me....
    Sorry for the confusion Mark. My comments were not about you but in response to your experience with an addict (alleged). You had stated that the person who you were dealing with told you about being a recovering alcoholic - and then he talked about being drunk too. Things are very unpredictable when dealing with people like that.

Lucidfer, Lord of Darkness Lucid_Lunatic's Avatar
    Putting the "FUN" in functional alcoholic
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wrong damned thread.
    Last edited by Lucid_Lunatic; 09-16-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hate to do this but, I Had a not so great experience with LUCID LUNATIC.
    He had commited to buying a pup off me and never sent payment(postal M.O was the method he prefered and i agreed) this was before the holidays!
    I went on for a few weeks of him saying" i forgot" or "i will get it out to you asap" . Normally this really would not have been a big deal but i was counting on this sale to pay a fellow forum member(INDYSG) his money for a PATB3 pup he sent me in good faith to try out before i sent payment. So both me and john(INDYSG) were counting on this sale that lucid commited to but never came through.
    john i mailed your money bro and again i apologize this happened, if i had known that my sale was not guaranteed i would have never had you believe payment was on its way to you. Ed
    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 01-19-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

This has put Ed in an awkward position but as I have already done several trades etc with him I knew he will make good the payment that lucid lunatic has never sent.
    There is no reason for this to happen - the lines of communication to Ed and myself are wide open but for whatever reason lucid lunatic simply couldn't man up and tell us he didn't have the money so we were f**ked around for weeks.
    So be warned - if lucid is interested in anything you're selling, take it with a pinch of salt and look for another buyer.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

EH, I don't think Lucid is entirely at fault here. Yeah it sucks that you couldn't work out a deal, but really shouldn't have committed to buying something until you had enough cash to cover it.

ISG, I think the lesson here for you is sell to a guy that has the money. Not someone who is waiting on money. If someone didn't pay your buyer it is still your buyers responsibility to come up with the money. Don't push the blame off on someone else.

I've done a couple of deals with LL and have had nothing but positive experiences.

Dawn Of The Shred TheLivingDead's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Boom. ^

I've had a good deal or two with LL on here. Simple and no BS.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sell me the PatB. Simple.
    I think it desreves to be mentioned I offered to buy it from you about a week and a half ago and you werent selling...hmmmm
    I am the Special Envoy of Unparalleled Tone. I would be a Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary, but I don't have a Hiwatt.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ericmeyer4 View Post
    EH, I don't think Lucid is entirely at fault here. Yeah it sucks that you couldn't work out a deal, but really shouldn't have committed to buying something until you had enough cash to cover it.

ISG, I think the lesson here for you is sell to a guy that has the money. Not someone who is waiting on money. If someone didn't pay your buyer it is still your buyers responsibility to come up with the money. Don't push the blame off on someone else.

I've done a couple of deals with LL and have had nothing but positive experiences.
    He, Lucid, repeatedly told Ed he would pay for the pickup and that he had sent the money order out to me. It wasn't that a deal couldn't be worked out... simply that he couldn't or wouldn't pay - there is a difference.
    I have no problem dealing with Ed - we've done plenty of deals together and yes, it was Ed's problem - the lesson I've learnt here is not to deal with Lucid .
    Basic requirement in doing deals with members of the forum is trust.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalManiac View Post
    Sell me the PatB. Simple.
    I think it desreves to be mentioned I offered to buy it from you about a week and a half ago and you werent selling...hmmmm
    I have never had an offer from you regarding this pickup - in fact I mailed it to Ed to try out sometime before Christmas and have never offered this pickup for sale to you or anyone else on the forum. You are simply mistaken and I think that deserves to be mentioned.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ericmeyer4 View Post

The deal was LL was sending the payment which is what he told me, not that we could not work out a deal. I sent many PM's to try to keep updated to the status of the M.O.
    IF he had just told me that cash had become a problem and he had to back out of the sale i would have understood completely but that was not the case here. I had a not so great experience here and wanted to post it,thats all. clear and simple
    John(INDYSG) has done NOTHING wrong at all. me and him have had many dealings and never had any problems and i consider john a friend not just a member of the seymour duncan forums
    john(INDYSG) and myself have a 100% trader/seller record here and elsewhere.
    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 01-21-2012 at 04:49 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just went back through all of our PM's regarding the pickup. I told you that I was busy that week of Christmas getting some chickens ready and it would be the next week before I could get a money order. That next week (holiday week between Christmas and New Years) I told you I would have my dad pick up the money order for me while he was in town going to the doctor and have him send it. That miscommunication was my fault because he got the money order but I hadn't given him the info to send it to and it slipped my mind over the holiday weekend.

5 days later on the 3rd you send me this message.

"James as of 1/3/12 tues still no payment has shown up? it has been a few weeks now and I dont think i will be able to hold the pup any longer? sorry it didnt work out, Ed"

I ask my dad where he had put the receipt from the money order and he said he hadn't sent it, it was still in his truck. I got it cashed the next time I was in town and didn't think any more about it now for almost 3 weeks until you posted all this.

I had figured after your last message on the 3rd that you had found another buyer, or at the very least had changed your mind about selling the pickup. You had told me that week you owed money to IndySG, but you didn't tell me that I was sending the money to him. As far as I knew, the info you gave me was your own. After reading all this and it not being posted til almost 3 weeks after I got your last message, I can't help but think that Indy SG has still been expecting money you told him I was sending. Sorry, but when you send me a message saying "Sorry it didn't work out", I take that as the deal is off.

When you sent me that message, I just looked at it as a miscommunication and things being hectic during the holidays and you were in a hurry and found another buyer. I figured no harm and no foul and haven't gave it 2 thoughts since.

I don't know what all you have told IndySG, but until today I was never aware the adress you gave me was his. I was never aware these last 3 weeks that he was still expecting to receive money from me. As far as I was concerned, the deal was off when you send the message on the 3rd and everything between then and now should have been between you and him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by IndySG View Post
    This has put Ed in an awkward position but as I have already done several trades etc with him I knew he will make good the payment that lucid lunatic has never sent.
    There is no reason for this to happen - the lines of communication to Ed and myself are wide open but for whatever reason lucid lunatic simply couldn't man up and tell us he didn't have the money so we were f**ked around for weeks.
    So be warned - if lucid is interested in anything you're selling, take it with a pinch of salt and look for another buyer.
    Ed didn't mention anything about you until the 28th of Dec. and all he said was that he he owed you some money, not that I owed you money. 5 days later on the 3rd he send me a message calling the deal off. I sent Ed a message last night and until he responded this morning, I never even knew that the adress he had given me was yours.

If you've been waiting on money all this time from me or for me to send you a message since the 3rd, you've been waiting on the wrong person and you need to take it up with Ed, not me.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I should have known bettter after the first week went by and then i PM'ed you to see what was up with the payment and you said you had forgot all about wanted to buy the pup from me Then you still said you still were going to buy it and send the money? I kept john well aware of everything going on but yeah
    You guys are right ITS MY FAULT!
    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 01-21-2012 at 12:57 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't think anyone is blaming your for the deal between you and Lucid not being able to get worked out. The point I was trying to make is that it isn't Lucid's fault that IndySG didn't get paid for his item.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes and before this gets any worse, lets just say all's well that ends well,
    I sent john his money so he did not get stuck in this and lose out and i am willing to just move on. I am not saying that Lucid Lunatic is a total bad trader and NO ONE should have dealings with him, NO thats not what this post is about, all i am saying is that i did not have the best experience with him. thats all.
    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 01-22-2012 at 04:13 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oddly enough, I've had nothing but good deals with both Lucid and MetalManiac.
    -Mike-
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucid_Lunatic View Post
    I like it when they are on the rag. I get all up in it and get it all over me. Then, when I'm done, I like to go to the grocery store and hang around the meat isle and pretend I work there.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SrDeMaFp View Post
    Oddly enough, I've had nothing but good deals with both Lucid and MetalManiac.
    Like i already said "I" had a not so great experience with lucid(never had any dealings with metal maniac),that does not mean LL is out to screw anybody, I am sure it was pure miscommunacation and the fact that it was during the HOLIDAYS!
    That alone is a confusing/stressful time!
    All ended well and thats good enough for me
    Last edited by Ed Hunter; 02-10-2012 at 07:43 PM.