Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Trader Alert

Ultimate Tone Member McLaughysSN's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bad Trader Alert

dspite my bad experience with the burnt bass i received, i have gotten GREAT deals from other forumites and still do trades on here and ebay all the time.. you take the pros with the cons, i dont really fear much if the trader seems honest, plus other percautions can be taken. i learned my lesson, therefore im a stronger person from it

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

watch out for this guy named russ neuhart
    rneuhart <rneuhart@pacbell.net>
    his ebay id is drneuhart

he sells lots of parts there... i won a jackson jj from him. he wanted about $75 for shipping after auctions close and sent nasty emails accusing me of 'going behind his back' when i did research based on publicly available feedback.

i contacted a person who gave him neg fb... surprise surprise they had the same issue.

he hasn't contacted me in months... i considered leaving negative feedback, but figure karma hits harder.

watch out for this one... he's a prat.
    The best kept secret in Rock'n'Roll
    Harder they come harder they fall
    They couldn't mess with my gang
    Can't suss our lingo and our slang
    They couldn't mess with my gang
    My gang's a Rock'n'Roll band

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey, Mclaughly. I know that you think I scammed you, and I'm sorry about it man. As soon as I come into some cash (which should be soon, I dont have anymore bills to pay) I'll send you $300. You can keep the bass. Just to try and clear everything up between us man. You accept my offer?
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by beandip
    Hey, Mclaughly. I know that you think I scammed you, and I'm sorry about it man. As soon as I come into some cash (which should be soon, I dont have anymore bills to pay) I'll send you $300. You can keep the bass. Just to try and clear everything up between us man. You accept my offer?
    good job man, thats the right thing to do

Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I seem to have some people here who dislike me. I wish to make amends and make things right, because I don't need my reputation tarnished.

There are several misunderstandings floating around about me... first off:

I sent NO SUCH MESSAGE about killing myself to ANYONE. Though, reading through this thread, I did see that someone else was sending out such a message, someone by the name of Dalastecaffeine (check the bad traders alert post, MrID mentions iit about this guy). I got a message from someone who I won't name accusing me of being this guy. I'm NOT, and if they still believe it, I'd like them to publicly post the e-mail I sent them that said so, because this person claims to have kept all the e-mails I ever sent him.

The only person I've had trouble with that I don't believe was settled was with MrID. He's a good guy and I had no intentions of doing him wrong. There's little I can do about it now, because he sold the amp. Though, I WOULD like to publicly appologise for the entire situation.

I've had problems with another user, who I won't name because he's asked me not to, and I don't believe he's out anything due to the misunderstanding, so as long as he says nothing about me again, I won't mention his name, either, as we both believe it is in the fault of the other (though, I do not believe he is a scammer at all, he's an honest trader here, it was just a mistake).

And as far as BeanDip goes... I do believe he is a scammer. I've had my problems with him personally, as has my best friend. I won't get into it, but his excessive changing of screen names and the testimonies against him on the first page of this thread speak for themselves.

If anyone else has anything to say about me, go right ahead. I've had my good deals with ButNut, and I know he uses the TeleModders Forum. I don't remember who, but I bought a Dano off of someone there and it went great. ButNut might know who I speak of, I have forgotten. I'm fairly well known around Harmony Central as Mr_Goodbomb, and I'm sure several people there would speak well of me, especially Reverend179, a well-respected member of the bass forums there.

You can also check my Ebay feedback: Jedi_without_a_lightsaber

My feedback there is excellent.

The Duke Of Trades
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That's real cool, man.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dustin, that is a REALLY great thing to hear

i deffinitly accept the offer. through talking to you outside of the deal itself i could tell that your an awesome guy. its shame the deal went the way it did but thats past.

once you arrange everything ill delete all posts about you on this thread.

as far as the bass, if you would like that returned, thats fine by me, its just laying around the house here.

thanks a lot man

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RG 2570
    warren lee lynch passed away from cardiac arrest a while back, i took lessons from him a few years ago and know his sister. that is why he is not sending any Emails or on the forum anymore
    Sorry I just had to post this:

I know it's a rather late reply, but I haven't checked this section in awhile now. WLL helped me out a lot, he could always give me excellent advise and never minded convincing me of it. He was the guy who actually understood my sound and went along with it to give me advise. A great example would be the time he convinced me of using the demon in the neck and how to make it sound good. He always knew exactly what he was talking about.

As he was one of my most favorite forum members, I'd have to say I was very shocked by the news. I hope he finds the right place in our hearts, because he defenitely deserves it.
    Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
    Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
    Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
    Marshall 2x12 Vintage
    Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by McLaughysSN
    dspite my bad experience with the burnt bass i received, i have gotten GREAT deals from other forumites and still do trades on here and ebay all the time.. you take the pros with the cons, i dont really fear much if the trader seems honest, plus other percautions can be taken. i learned my lesson, therefore im a stronger person from it
    My friend - seriously - I saw the photo's of the burnt merchandise. If I understand all of it correctly, then what you have is: You made a deal in good faith and had a reasonable expectation of the goods being delivered to you in relatively good condition and represented as having an amount of normal wear you would expect from such a used cash of goods, and that guy beandip or fatstrat guy delivered THAT stuff to your door - then this dude purposefully misrepresented the merchandise and riped you good man, and you have legal recourse. You should sue him pronto - you would win handsdown in about 10 seconds. Nobody should suffer that kind of misrepresentation, and you are a victiem of a criminal act. That dude may be "cool" in your book, but I think you might want to re-examine a little bit bro - this "friend" ripped you clean. Seriously lame. And if you are reading this too, FatStratman - you know what you should do? You should send the guy his money back, and have him return the damaged goods to you, and you should absolutely profoundly apologize - that transaction was seriously f.cked dude - really.
    Always be weary when buying things from people you don't know very well. This advice is sound and is directed at myself too. One idea to perhaps employ is make the transactiopn contingent upon your inspection, or, the seller must have a reputable music store person look the stuff over and confirm it's condition before any money changes hands. Or even have the seller agree to a 24 hour free trial, then pay or send it back while paying the guy's shipping costs both ways - that would be reasonable. Man - I'm really sorry this happend to you, and some of the other guys who shared horror stories here in this thread - yeesh - I can't imagien that - I just can't relate to why someone would be so cheesy like that. No honor at all. Just lameness. It's just sad....

Anyway - good luck

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GoMano
    My friend - seriously - I saw the photo's of the burnt merchandise. If I understand all of it correctly, then what you have is: You made a deal in good faith and had a reasonable expectation of the goods being delivered to you in relatively good condition and represented as having an amount of normal wear you would expect from such a used cash of goods, and that guy beandip or fatstrat guy delivered THAT stuff to your door - then this dude purposefully misrepresented the merchandise and riped you good man, and you have legal recourse. You should sue him pronto - you would win handsdown in about 10 seconds. Nobody should suffer that kind of misrepresentation, and you are a victiem of a criminal act. That dude may be "cool" in your book, but I think you might want to re-examine a little bit bro - this "friend" ripped you clean. Seriously lame. And if you are reading this too, FatStratman - you know what you should do? You should send the guy his money back, and have him return the damaged goods to you, and you should absolutely profoundly apologize - that transaction was seriously f.cked dude - really.
    Always be weary when buying things from people you don't know very well. This advice is sound and is directed at myself too. One idea to perhaps employ is make the transactiopn contingent upon your inspection, or, the seller must have a reputable music store person look the stuff over and confirm it's condition before any money changes hands. Or even have the seller agree to a 24 hour free trial, then pay or send it back while paying the guy's shipping costs both ways - that would be reasonable. Man - I'm really sorry this happend to you, and some of the other guys who shared horror stories here in this thread - yeesh - I can't imagien that - I just can't relate to why someone would be so cheesy like that. No honor at all. Just lameness. It's just sad....

Anyway - good luck
    While to some this would make sense, but personally. i think thats whats wrong with this country. people are sueing everyone left and right and over petty things.

while $300 is a lot of money, its not enough for me to carry a suit forth. my faith in other people may get me in this type of situation but that was only my lack of reading deeper into the situation. if i went with a lawsuit, i would feel that i am contributing to the demise of something as good as Ebay, the trading post here and other online trading organizations.. most run off a portion if not a majority of people just generally having faith.

with all of this gospel mumbo jumbo all of the way i bid you a good day

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't believe this. Seriously am shocked now. WLL died. ****!!!!!!! That's sad!

Definitely deserves a sticky somewhere. no? I mean that guy has been one of the real contributors to this board. Scott_F you are the man, you decide.

B

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I got screwed from Nevemind

First of all he posts his listing as a

*BRAND NEW* Tascam Portastudio MF-P01 for only $40!

So I buy the thing. When it arrives,

1) It does not have the original power supply that comes with the thing.
    2) The bottom is all scratched up
    3) The tape lid is broken and just bouncing around inside the box

He was very fast to reply when I was buying the thing but when I e-mailed him, IM'ed him, and even posted through this Forum he wouldn't reply.

I finally filed a complaint through Paypal just to get his attention and then he e-mails me. Of course he still hasn't answered my questions or replied to them.

At least it's only $40 but that is doesn't exuse it.

Heck when I was 15 I had a job and my own car that I paid for. I guess this child shouldn't even be allowed to be online.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OMG, I really need to look at this list more often.

RIP Warren Lee, I´d already started to wonder where you are, but this is not what I´d have expected. And far from what I would have hoped for.
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection isn't good enough.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 59paul
    Smart move, Bro !!!! If y'all ever trade with me, I'll give ya my ebay name so you can check me out. If a seller/trading partner is honest, they should have nothing to hide. It's a shame that some folks scam others.
    Great idea. My eBay feedback is at 633, 100% positive. That's one thing good about dealing on eBay.......you get a pretty good idea of who you're about to deal with, BEFORE you commit to sending them your $$.

Mike
    Forrester Kustoms, LLC
    Guitar Repair & Service
    Over 20 Years Experience
    www.myspace.com/bluzboy66

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I cannot remember the traders name but i traded a pickup out of my then new hamer standard for a dimebucker. I sent the hamer pickup-never got the dimebucker. Basically got screwed. I will NEVER trade for guitar stuff online again. It's not the idea of getting screwed that was the worst but i had a guitar down for awhile until i could order a new pickup from black rose. It has been quite awhile back but i'm pretty sure i have the e-mail printed out in one of my guitar files somewhere. Thats allright. I hope he enjoys the years of intense rectal itching that i have had a witchdoctor hex on him.LOL

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Drew_Half_Empty backed out on a deal that we made for his Hot Rod Deluxe. We had both agreed to a price, then he comes up with a story that "Someone locally offered him more" for the amp. That was after waiting for about 3 days to put the transaction through. Beware of trading with him.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yigba
    Drew_Half_Empty backed out on a deal that we made for his Hot Rod Deluxe. We had both agreed to a price, then he comes up with a story that "Someone locally offered him more" for the amp. That was after waiting for about 3 days to put the transaction through. Beware of trading with him.
    WOW he Played me the same way
    His Grace is Amazing

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dr.barlo
    I don't believe this. Seriously am shocked now. WLL died. ****!!!!!!! That's sad!

Definitely deserves a sticky somewhere. no? I mean that guy has been one of the real contributors to this board. Scott_F you are the man, you decide.

B
    Wow, too little too late. I just read this. I never come into this post because my dealings have usually been pretty good. WTF? Warren was a cool dude.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

When I'm posting here, I'm not picking or soldering.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now I have a question for you guys... a while back I was selling my Seymour Duncan ESP Strat that went to Mattt finally and all was good in that transaction.

Prior to that, I had a deal worked out with a younger member here that wanted to buy it. I got several weeks of excuses, Mom sent the money order, then I got some bizzaro PMs that were eventually attributed to a "friend" that had stolen his password.... So, I just sold it to Mattt who turned out to be trustworthy and appreciative of the axe.

Since the deal never went down, I'm not sure I can classify it as a bad trade. I've been struggling with this for a few months now as to whether to post any of this or not. Needless to say, I don't believe a word that he posts in any of these forums at this point.

My question is, should I name a name here or just let it go because nothing actually exchanged hands after weeks of what turns out were lies?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

When I'm posting here, I'm not picking or soldering.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F
    My question is, should I name a name here or just let it go because nothing actually exchanged hands after weeks of what turns out were lies?

I'd say name the name, if not only to warn others but it might even make them think twice about acting that way in the future...

If you don't want to be named in this thread, don't earn it IMO.