Ive had this Tele laying around for what seems like Eternity, and have had a Mental block about about drilling the tuner holes, and neck screwholes, for fear of failure I guess.
Well last night I drilled the tuner holes without incident, and affixed the neck to the body to drill the holes.
Today I went and picked up a 1/8" drill bit to drill the screwholes, and got home and drilled them. At first thought It looks like I was a little off alignment, but after I did a preliminary set up, it came together almost dead center. I think thats a first for me..I guess all that experience and past failure has taught me a little I hope..I also , I wasn't drinking.
Heres the pics of the procedure, and how I aligned the neck for drilling;
So then here it is. 30 year old air dried Swamp Ash body I got off Ebay for 140.00 that was already finished.
Mighty Mite neck I sprayed and fret leveled myself. Glendale Bridge. Still need to drill and install string trees.
Old 70's PAF in the neck. Switch needs replacing, but its playing now.
Neck tight in the pocket and screwed in tight as can possibly be.
Preliminary results are very encouraging, both tone-wise and also concerning playability.