Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone knows what pups George lynch use in Back for the attack album

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone knows what pups George lynch use in Back for the attack album

Thank you for reply, now I consider to order the SD custom shop Dokken bucker model, or maybe just buy a TB-6 it's more easier , btw how much is the price of a SD custom shop pup? Is it cost twice price of a regular model?
    About the Ratt Detonator album tone, I have another guitar is a Fender AM deluxe alder body maple neck with the tone zone bridge pup, I plan to change the pup, JB or RTM which one is recommend? And anyone knows the tone chart of RTM?
    Thanks a lot!
    Last edited by ba6412; 07-05-2013 at 02:33 AM. Reason: wrong spell

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Anyone knows what pups George lynch use in Back for the attack album

I don't think a Soldano is going to deliver that 80s Dokken vibe like a well modded Marshall.

Ultimate Kitten Puncher King IzzO)))'s Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Everytime the RTM comes up I'm reminded how much I need one.
    HAIL HYDRA

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone for kindly reply, now I will try to order a SD custom shop Dokken bucker for BFTA tone, another one will be RTM for my Strat, btw, anyone knows the EQ B/M/T of the RTM?

Ultimate Tone Slacker Lake Placid Blues's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyGuitarCA View Post
    George is a friend, and he told me that he used a Distortion on "Back for the Attack". He also used a Marshall Plexi that he rented from Aspen Pittman at Groove Tubes.
    The old Groove Tube manuals show a purple plexi that is suppossed to be that exact amp. According to Aspen its stock.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I found out this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMy1UNuXUS0
    I think this pup is also not bad to cover George Lynch's BFTA guitar sound, any thought?

Super Toneologist zenmindbeginner's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ba6412 View Post
    I found out this video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMy1UNuXUS0
    I think this pup is also not bad to cover George Lynch's BFTA guitar sound, any thought?
    There is a thread for that pickup review that's only a week or so old, I'll bump it for ya.
    "Stumbled across a review of the George Lynch-designed, Seymour Duncan-produced Super V pickup on YouTubeand it’s frickin’ great!
    No secret that most guitar-stuff reviews on YT suck. Not this one, folks! It clocks in at a long 11+ minutes and is worth every…minute. Enjoy!
    " - woodytone