Thread: NGD Ibanez Roadcore

Super Toneologist SongsForTheDeaf's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default NGD Ibanez Roadcore

so I needed a backup guitar so I went into the shop with the goal of getting the best playing guitar for under 500 and I found it with this amazing guitar. My brother recently picked up the Ibanez telecaster style guitar and I was so impressed with it at only 399 that he suggested the roadcore which I figured my shop would not have but luckily it did.

All black with silver hardware it is a very unassuming guitar and looks a touch bland if you are not into black guitars. The best part is the vintage roadster style tinted neck and headstock and the made in Korea stamp. the pickups are supposedly a more budget version of the prestige pickups. They sound clear and punchy but still BIG and warm on the low strings. Very articulate and not muddy in the slightest

Oddly enough I think this backup guitar may become my main due its incredible playability and balanced pickups

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1376343_4774983591484_2090756148_n.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	47313
    Guitar- Ibanez Artist, 1980 Hamer USA Sunburst (With Spider Capo)
    Pedals-Whammy V, Boss Super Octave, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff PI, MXR UniVibe,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15 (extras-1976 Ampeg VT-22, Ampeg GVT15H)
    My Drum/Guitar duo band Recluse- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDHl...YQBsuQ&index=7

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: NGD Ibanez Roadcore

Congrats on the new axe! Very cool if it trips your trigger enuff to become the #1!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yeah I mean for 400 bucks it feels like a 1500 dollar Ibanez or fender.. it has the fender scale I believe at least it feels like it and has that snappy attack due to the longer length. I'm so happy I nabbed this axe!

had to adjust action and raise it a bit because there was buzz with open chords but after that its smooth as anything and rings nicely
    Last edited by SongsForTheDeaf; 10-16-2013 at 04:15 PM.
    Pedals-Whammy V, Boss Super Octave, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff PI, MXR UniVibe,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15 (extras-1976 Ampeg VT-22, Ampeg GVT15H)
    My Drum/Guitar duo band Recluse- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDHl...YQBsuQ&index=7

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice!

I can't quite see in that picture - does that body have an Iceman-style kink in the tail? Looks badass.

Happy NGD!
    Quote Originally Posted by DreX View Post
    Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
    The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
    Why would you want a graph?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Vegetable View Post
    Nice!

I can't quite see in that picture - does that body have an Iceman-style kink in the tail? Looks badass.

Happy NGD!
    thanks!!

And no the bottom is round and not like the iceman which I kinda like. This guitar reminds me alot of the schecter tempest shape or the Maton BB1200

Ultimate Tone Slacker Rand-O-Monium's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

'Grats!!!

Better Pics!!!
    "Scalloped & Stickered"
    A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice I saw one the other day but didn't play it, I like it

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

thanks guys I will take some nice shots tomorrow or try to record a decent sound clip of it with my rig

here is a Maton that looks soooo similar... I always loved these so the body shape is perfect!

Name:	ms2000std_4d05d403ee3a0.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	47316

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Happy New Guitar Day to you !

GREAT guitars.
    My (only) local shop have two of em in stock.
    My cousin had one and sold it after a very short while for this : http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_...=2013&cat_id=1

. . . the Ibby FR. Almost like a 'super-tele'.

ENJOY YOUR NEW GUITAR !
    Tele, SG, LP Jr & Tokai LS92 into FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / block letter 5150 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 (2x V30's) / Marshall Class 5 combo

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SongsForTheDeaf View Post
    thanks guys I will take some nice shots tomorrow or try to record a decent sound clip of it with my rig

here is a Maton that looks soooo similar... I always loved these so the body shape is perfect!

Name:	ms2000std_4d05d403ee3a0.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	15.8 KB 
ID:	47316

. . . some more look-a-likes : (...well, kinda)

http://www.godinguitars.com/godincoreseriesp.htm

http://www.michaelkellyguitars.com/e...atriot-vintage
    Tele, SG, LP Jr & Tokai LS92 into FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / block letter 5150 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 (2x V30's) / Marshall Class 5 combo

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SirJackdeFuzz View Post
    . . . the Ibby FR. Almost like a 'super-tele'.
    I've been GASsing for an FR for awhile now. Eventually I will own two of these...

Nearly everyone still in this thread should have me on ignore by now. The fact that they don't says everything.
    The only reason anyone describes me as combative is because I don't agree with them and allow them have the last word. Well... too bad.
    Why would you want a graph?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Personally, I think it's more of a Jazzmaster shape... *shrug*
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

yeah it for sure has a jazzmaster look too. My brother just bought the FR and LOVES IT... it has a satin fast neck too which I like and the pickups are great in those too!