Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help and advice please. Use a little 6V6 amp with ~5W - need ~50W for new gig deal

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help and advice please. Use a little 6V6 amp with ~5W - need ~50W for new gig dea

Just noticed some SWEET (<===click here) sales on some Peaveys!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Help and advice please. Use a little 6V6 amp with ~5W - need ~50W for new gig dea

Quote Originally Posted by EAProwlerB View Post
    Tried the Deluxe reissue and sounded good at full volume in the alley behind the music store. Needs 20 or 30 hours on the tubes and am sure it will sound great. Put down a deposit to hold it. Before I buy it will find a sound person to take a look at the PA set up. Man, I sure would much rather use my own amp, you all know how when you find that rig mix that works how hard it is to mess with it.
    tubes dont sound better after 30 hours. Speakers do though.
    However, Deluxe reverbs are sweet amps. You'll love it. Might need a dirt pedal though if you are used to the squish of a small amp but you might even not want to go back once you are used to it.
    Last edited by gibson175; 03-23-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin