Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is/was the worst pedal you ever had?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: What is/was the worst pedal you ever had?

Hey now, some RP series sounded ok.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Having sold off most of my pedal collection, the Metal Zone is one of the few pedals I truly miss owning. Really. I don't know how to get a bad sound out of it. Sweep the Midrange Frequency knob back & forth until you hit a sweet spot - a distortion pedal that's "tuned" to your own setup. Most of us who bought the MT-2 are accustomed to hearing it through a 1x8 solid state beginner amp, but mixing it with power tube distortion through a 2x12 is the coolest sound. And never turn the distortion knob above 3.
    Turn me on, Dead Man.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by baritone View Post
    Having sold off most of my pedal collection, the Metal Zone is one of the few pedals I truly miss owning. Really. I don't know how to get a bad sound out of it. Sweep the Midrange Frequency knob back & forth until you hit a sweet spot - a distortion pedal that's "tuned" to your own setup. Most of us who bought the MT-2 are accustomed to hearing it through a 1x8 solid state beginner amp, but mixing it with power tube distortion through a 2x12 is the coolest sound. And never turn the distortion knob above 3.
    Can't live by your rules, man. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demanic
    Incompetence is widespread in a world that rewards mediocrity while punishing excellence.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuitarFanatic
    I am currently using Skullcandy headphones I found in the garbage.
    I did find the DS-1 in the garbage.
    I once found a guitar amp in the garbage, a Peavey Studio 110. It caught fire at the first gig I played it at.. But it was at the end of it, thank god.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Finally, someone with some sense and taste. Though usually I have the distortion set to about 12:00. And I always use it through the cleanest sound that I can get through a clean channel on whatever amp I'm running. Oh, and I have one of the Keeley modded ones.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I never really got to discover the joys of distortion pedals when I started out, even though did indeed start with a wimpy Peavey 1x10 SS combo. I used graphic EQ pedals to boost the fundamental sound, which I still like since I now have amps with excellent fundamental sounds. But many years later, I did start using distortion pedals through the clean channel once every blue moon, just to have a different flavor.

I think it was the original MXR Distortion + that Randy used to boost his old Marshalls. Limited but fun to play with. He must have used something far more impressive for boost by the time he was playing big concerts with Ozzy, because his live sound on Tribute was awesome.
    Last edited by MkIII Renegade; 04-21-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
    Marshall JVM410H
    Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
    Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
    ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
    Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
    Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
    Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
    Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Tone Member
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I haven't got that many pedals, but still: Behringer flanger machine.

It has a lot of knobs and exactly one good tone in it. Which is useless because of the volume drop and hiss. But I really shouldn't complain. I got it for free because my friend wanted to get rid of it.
    "So understand/Don't waste your time always searching for those wasted years/Face up, make your stand/And realize you're living in the golden years"
    Iron Maiden - Wasted Years

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    DOD FX17 (?) Wah/volume (volume fine, wah was horrendous)
    Yes. I had one and it sucked so bad that only using it as a continuous controller could redeem it.
    Juliette is back!

Rock n' roll didn't just appear, fully formed, overnight. It has a back story.