Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got A Chance To Crank Through The 4x12 W/The Vox Head.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Got A Chance To Crank Through The 4x12 W/The Vox Head.

Hey Stratdeluxer. I did splurge and get the Vox 2 12 cabinet, and it sounds great. I see you are in Florida, if you are around Tampa, they have a floor model at Sam Ash you can demo.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I wonder if the Vox 2-12 and 4-12 are plywood or particle board? Or just the combos?
    I was at Sam Ash a year ago and saw a damaged Valvetronix combo, which had a crumbled corner....it was cheap, sh!tty particle board. After seeing that, I decided I'd use other cabs. Plus, I don't need it to match....I just use it at home for practicing on.
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sac
    Hey Stratdeluxer. I did splurge and get the Vox 2 12 cabinet, and it sounds great. I see you are in Florida, if you are around Tampa, they have a floor model at Sam Ash you can demo.
    Thanks buddy....I'm a ways down the road before I'd buy the cabinet,but thanks for the tip....The Marshall 4x12 with the V30s sounds phenomenal...
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser
    I wonder if the Vox 2-12 and 4-12 are plywood or particle board? Or just the combos?
    I was at Sam Ash a year ago and saw a damaged Valvetronix combo, which had a crumbled corner....it was cheap, sh!tty particle board. After seeing that, I decided I'd use other cabs. Plus, I don't need it to match....I just use it at home for practicing on.
    No cheap crappy cabinets for me...
    I want a 2x12 and it doesn't have to match,but it better give me the tone I want! Problem is: Which cab? Meantime I'll have to suffer with my Marshall 4x12 cab.... Guess you could call it suffering? LOL...I'll be gigging and practicing with mine though...It'll give my Cyber Twin a rest here at home...So many amps and so little time!

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The Vox cabs are premium. They are birch ply with the new celestion neodyn speakers.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sac
    The Vox cabs are premium. They are birch ply with the new celestion neodyn speakers.
    Thanks brother....I Like the looks of the Avatar cabs because they seem taller and deeper and this "normally" helps with lowend...

John