Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pretty funny Harmony Central review

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Pretty funny Harmony Central review

I've always found this particular HC review to be quirky and clever:

Bad Cat Hot Cat 100 Head

Features: 7
    This amp has everything you need and nothin' that you don't. It comes with tubes and switches and knobs and all the amp stuff you need to make it work. Except a cord, didn't come with a cord. Came with a power cord, but not a cord to plug your guitar in with or one to plug in the amp to the speaker cab, which you need because the amp didn't come with a speaker. Actually, now that I think about it, that is pretty lame. This thing cost like $3000 and they didn't include a speaker. I ended up just hooking it to my home stereo for awhile, but that eventually blew up (cheap "durabrand" crap). I called the dealer I got it from and he told me that "hey man, you need a bad cat speaker cab to go with that!". I'm like, "duh! you could have told me that when I bought the stupid thing!" Sheesh, this stuff is expensive! I don't blame the company, just the dealer. Well, enough ranting, I guess I figured things out in the end. Simple, straightfoward, great! It's so easy my cousin eddie could figure it out and he's dumber than bag of hammers. I give it a 7 cause that's a lucky number for features.

Sound Quality: 10
    WAH-WOO!! Does this thing scream! Man, I think I figured out why they call it the hot cat!!! It sounds like a freakin' female tiger in heat!! I guess hot cat sounds better then "Screeching Female Ready-to-mate Cat". This is the sound I have been looking for my entire life. I should no, my neighbors have about 30 cats and they all seem to start getting the "urge" at the same time. Dang, keeps ya up all night! THis amp is sorta my revenge on my neighbor. His cats start gettin' frisky and I just go plug this baby in and rip out a 37 minute rendition of "Cat-Scratch Fever" in my garage at 3 am and he gets the message! Cops didn't think it was funny, but at least I got them to get animal contraol over here and eliminate about 20-25 kitty-factories. I sleep better now. Anyway, I play lead guitar in a band named "Mating Catz Suck", which makes it ironic that this amp is called a "Bad Cat". Our music consists of a blend of old school blues, funk, hard rock, country, space opera, and black metal, and techno that we like to call "Grizzled-Core". Mostly the lyrics revolve around us complaining. This amp is perfect for our style. It gives me a great clean sound for those R&B grooves and funk and that burning tube overdrive that justs screams with feline smashing authority. ANd this thing is LOUD! I have been thinking that if my neighbors cats start bothering me again, I'm just gonna summarily execute one of them at random by taping it to the grill cloth of this amp and letting the screech of 100 all tube watts disenitgrate the little furball.

As far as the sounds of this amp, it can sing or it can DESTROY!! The opening Drop-D riff of our slammin' song "There's A Cat in the Road--Accelerate!" just slams through this thing! It is tight and articulate and has none of that harsh cat-claw-scratching-against-the-fender-of-your-brand-new-truck sound. That sound drives me nuts and brings back some bad memories. All I can say is this amp gives me no reason to get the 12 gauge out! I love this amp! The best part is, this is a cat that doesn't need spayed or nuetered (or ran over)!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Reliability: 10
    This thing is a tank! My side project band "Uncle Lucky and the Garden Hose" was jamming in the garage and we had the door open when what else do I find but one of the neighbors cats had gotten in the garage. In a fit of rage (hey, the thing peed on my weedeater), I grabbed a 2x4 and started swinging. Stinkin' lil' furball was fast. He jumped up on top of my amp and before I realized what I was doing, I swung and missed bringing the full force of my 2x4 of justice down on top of my amp. Didn't even blink! It just kept on goin'. Tough amp. Let's just say it was tougher then the cat!

Customer Support: 10
    They were great. Very helpful. I told them about the 2x4 incident and they ask me something about paint chips when I was a kid, but they were probably just joking or something. Good people.

Overall Rating: 10
    I would definately buy it again. It sounds great, can take a blow, and is louder than the neighbors cats, even during mating season. The name says bad cat, but as far as I am concerned, its the only good cat I have ever seen. I would've said run into, but I've ran into a lot of cats in my days. If big brutal, feline de-furring tone is your thing, this is your amp. If you want something that purrs, go buy a frickin' siamese and leave the big amps to me!

Submitted by Anonymous at 08/25/2004 17:17

Kometose Tonologist Young Angus's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

harmony central reviews are so random, you never know if someone knows what they're talking about or if its just some kid with a new toy saying its the best in the world with absolutely no comparrison.

nine times out of ten i think its the kid!