Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: Me on GUITAH!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: VIDEO: Me on GUITAH!

Too postivie...guys
    I think you need to work on your right hand ,you strum hard, but i think your alternate picking sucks (actually, no ap only legato) . And it seems like you are hungry for notes, cos your eating them - not clear playing. Maybe because of weak distortion or maybe bad recording?
    (27 sec.) - it should be one run and you divided it into few...Too much stress on picked notes, cant hear h/o... not good.

Nice try, but you cant perform it well. No excuse for how long have you been playing nor your age. If you cant play good enough, dont play fast, cos you re going to ruin you technique. And will suck forever...

http://www.monumentweb.com/Malchonka1.wmv - this kid is only 9 years.

P.s. This is my imho. No offfence.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Jeeeeeesus! Biu! That thing isn't a guitar - it's a WMD! Pray the FBI don't find you, son!
    THERE IS TOO MUCH METAL IN MY SIGNATURE AAAAAHHHHHH

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mr. D, I know I'm no Paul Gilbert, so I will keep practicing. This is just the extent of what I can do so far, I was by no means aiming to scarify everyone with Sir Pablo Gilberto virtuosity, that would be impossible for me. But thank you for the criticism.

LC! Hahah, 10Q for listening! Do you have a band or recordings? I never thought of it before, but I realized I don't know what "LC sounds like".
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D
    Too postivie...guys
    I think you need to work on your right hand ,you strum hard, but i think your alternate picking sucks (actually, no ap only legato) . And it seems like you are hungry for notes, cos your eating them - not clear playing. Maybe because of weak distortion or maybe bad recording?
    (27 sec.) - it should be one run and you divided it into few...Too much stress on picked notes, cant hear h/o... not good.

Nice try, but you cant perform it well. No excuse for how long have you been playing nor your age. If you cant play good enough, dont play fast, cos you re going to ruin you technique. And will suck forever...

http://www.monumentweb.com/Malchonka1.wmv - this kid is only 9 years.

P.s. This is my imho. No offfence.
    This is my imho: Give the guy a break. He's a bloddy legend.

I could chuck that video up and show any damn 16 year old who would be floored by him. So what? It's like my mate showing me some wicked riffs on his guitar then me proceeding to pop on a Malmsteen CD. Who would be better?

You are far too unrealistic. I don't care how fast you can play or how fast your friends can play, that's the fact - your judgements are too unrealistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

A place where the beer flows like wine...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I liked it, Biu!! Keep up the GOOD work, OK?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Biu, keep practising. Cos you do good, but someone does it better(like Paul Gilbert, Yjm), it means that you play not good enough...It s like, you know Steve Vai once said, "if you want to become a viruoso, you must play better than me"(something like that).
    Me shredder, and i have a good picking, so yes i tried basically to help, not to offend. I dont think that those guys actually into shred, so they cant give oblective opinion, i see only emotional judgement.
    Rainmaker ... Me neither. I dont care about speed. It was about perfomance. I pointed on some mistakes - can you say i am wrong. Rainmaker be more abstract. And can you e[plain - what is far too unrealistic judgements in this case? You mean he cant become a better player, someone like PG?
    @What you are talking about - is to lie to yourself : to realize that you cant play good and gratify yourself by 16 year old boy opinion, who possibly has no idea on how to play. But when that boy, who once was floored by him, will see PG or Yjm, his idol will ruin.... You got the idea Rainmaker? He has to become a better player, if wants to achieve something, or maybe change style, cos there are so many shredders...@

on Elm Streetologist Nite_Maresz_25's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bui, that was frucking great playing man!!!!

and how about a little applause(sp?) for Rainmaker for diffending bui from mr. overcritical who posted above me

I would post about that post above me but im in too good of a mood to add bad things to a thread about someone (awesome) playing/video.....
    Constantly wanting new gear...

Krankitupologist krankguitarist's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bro, great job. Wasn't exactly perfect, but its far better than many other teenagers i know can do. Keep it up, you got a gift.

Yo, D, bro, lighten up, give the guy a break. Not everybody has to be as fast or precise as michael angelo. Constructive critisism is one thing, but saying "you cant perform it well", or "your alternate picking sucks" doesnt help him any. Tell him what he can do to improve, don't try to trash his ego.

"and will suck forever" - Hah!
    Last edited by krankguitarist; 05-19-2005 at 08:37 PM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks, everybody! This is truly an awesome forum. I'm in a sea of tone-brothers!

I guess I should go practice myself into a precision-based robot then?

Hah, but seriously, I'm just going to keep learning songs and writing songs. I'm not aiming to be some sort of guitar god here, just trying to sing with my 10-fingered voice
    Watch My Videos
    Photography
    www.myspace.com/thebillyhong
    "Anything worth living for is worth suffering for."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Biu !
    You look scary and evil with that serious look on your face and the jail shirt LOL!!!

You need to crank the amp a little bit though - to really get the distortion in your face. It was kinda remote sounding on the vid.

I never heard the song - but you have great playing as usual. Also I liked the outro music.

Hmmm what else? I'd like to jam with you. We could play the pink panther theme, the ducktales theme and the chip-n-dale resque rangers theme!

Keep on roxxxin' BIU, nomatter what happens. In the end it's the rock that counts!!

Don't worry about being a "rock-star" or devoting your life entirely to music. I had a revelation not long ago. A friend jazz musician told me to do something profitable for a living and just do guitar on the side - because you can't make a living playing guitar these days. So don't try to push yourself unnaturally!
    Now why did I say all that??
    I think i'm just blabbering because I just came home from a jam with my band and It was so freaken loud - I lost some brains as well as some hearing...

Neways... Roxxx on BIU!!!
    please check out this instrumental ballad i wrote: "Timeless Moments"

my youtubes
    Why is the cat GRINNING??? Because he can shred!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bloody awesome Biu!! Really impressive for how long you've been playing, had that been me I'd have had to hide by mistakes under just a teeeeny bit more gain than you used :P
    Equiptment:

Guitars:
    Richwood Ltd. Editon LP
    Jackson DKMG
    Jackson Soloist SLSMG
    Crafter Electro Acoustic
    Amps:
    Carvin MTS 3200 10th Anniversary edition

Forbes

Playing was great, very impressive that you managed to make a piece like that stand alone with such a clean tone. For your age your standard is very high, so obviously what you are doing works, keep practicing and doing as you are and i'm sure you will wow many audiences.

Nice guitar by the way...and any chance of more videos in the future? I like hearing people play but being able to watch them too is great.

hey young gun ... nice playing there ... i dont know the song you were playing so i get to come at it with no expectations .... you show a real nice touch for the legato bits ... it's hard to judge the tone from a video camera's mic, so you get total slack there .. what might sound suboptimal on video might kill in person ...

thanks for sharing it

just keep having fun
    cheers
    t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Krankguitarist, you right Biu has some potential. But abou the rest please read my post dated Sep 2004. Be abstract. And i point on something that requires more practicing...
    And if Biu didnt want to become someone in rock music, i guess he wouldn post this video file...Because doing so he was looking ,possibly, for some appreciation. He got it.
    We are his audience.../testers/. And as a tester i give my opinion.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry couldnt download it man. I was only getting like 25kbps and i have 3mbps cable.

Atleast you have better english skills than Mr. D!!!
    "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Gear
    Krank Rev Jr
    Peavey Windsor
    Jackson DK2 - JB/STK-1/STK-1

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That little guy on the video didnt have the greatest of tecnique. It sounded sloppy to me lol.
    "So you'll never have to listen to surf music again." -Hendrix

Gear
    Krank Rev Jr
    Peavey Windsor
    Jackson DK2 - JB/STK-1/STK-1

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am working on my English )

Ultimate Tone Member HarrisonDavid's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Awesome brother you got some skills for your age! Man you kids are great! Im glad you guys are getting into shredding now. It was a lost are not to long ago.

Bro just have fun first it's not a contest! You got skills and fun is what it's all about right?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good job man. I really enjoyed it.

You may not be a virtuoso, but stuff like you just did inspires me to practice harder myself. And you're putting your head on the chopping block with your gear that clean. You can't hide anything, which makes it even cooler.

Everybody misses notes. Maybe you should find someone to go back and edit those out.
    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D
    Biu, keep practising. Cos you do good, but someone does it better(like Paul Gilbert, Yjm), it means that you play not good enough...It s like, you know Steve Vai once said, "if you want to become a viruoso, you must play better than me"(something like that).
    Me shredder, and i have a good picking, so yes i tried basically to help, not to offend. I dont think that those guys actually into shred, so they cant give oblective opinion, i see only emotional judgement.
    Rainmaker ... Me neither. I dont care about speed. It was about perfomance. I pointed on some mistakes - can you say i am wrong. Rainmaker be more abstract. And can you e[plain - what is far too unrealistic judgements in this case? You mean he cant become a better player, someone like PG?
    @What you are talking about - is to lie to yourself : to realize that you cant play good and gratify yourself by 16 year old boy opinion, who possibly has no idea on how to play. But when that boy, who once was floored by him, will see PG or Yjm, his idol will ruin.... You got the idea Rainmaker? He has to become a better player, if wants to achieve something, or maybe change style, cos there are so many shredders...@

as mark twain once said, if you cant speak english well, dont write it
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess