Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: Me on GUITAH!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: VIDEO: Me on GUITAH!

man o man, that was killer! great job bro!
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Breogan

Quote Originally Posted by xerxes
    as mark twain once said, if you cant speak english well, dont write it
    So... That means you couldn't undestand Mr. D? My English knowledge it's limitated too and I perfectly understud what he was trying to say.
    Last edited by Breogan; 05-21-2005 at 02:50 AM.

Breogan

Sorry folks but I think Mr. D it is right.

BIU, I can't play that fast and I don't know the scales you were ussing. But man, you were out of time, and I bet that if you had to play that over a methronome you wouldn't be that fast or clear.

There's nothing wrong with that, you can play however you like it. But If somebody it's right with a critic you should be honest and admit your limitations.

Just my two cents.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JacksonMIA
    Good job man. I really enjoyed it.

You may not be a virtuoso, but stuff like you just did inspires me to practice harder myself. And you're putting your head on the chopping block with your gear that clean. You can't hide anything, which makes it even cooler.
    +1. Biu plays better than me. THat , in a way inspires me to practice more (and spend less time online).

Music isn't about perfection , it's about fun.
    On Munky of Korn:

munky.. they got respect for him.. he's the jimi hendrix of our era

Human powerplant Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mr.D I think that you're missing the point with music bigtime, why do you all think that some things in the 80's did work and some never really did??
    It got to the point of being sterile and dull, the expression was lost, the huge factor of feel and doing the odd thing to keep it interesting, Biu is on his way to forge his own style because he plays all kinds of stuff, shred might be cool and hard, but it is at its core simple repetitive stuff, it is just something you can practice and get good at, but it will not help you expand your vocabulary beyond the mere notes and timing.
    It will not help you become a player that plays music, because the latter is beyond limits.
    So I just think that Biu should go on doing his thing, become his own kind of player and I think he is on that road, plus he got that much needed sense of humour in his playing that alot of selfabsorbed players do not have, take Vai...he has humour in spades, that guy is pulling more legs than most of your realise
    Same goes for Gilbert.
    It is about expression, not becoming a dull machine with no soul!
    Not gonna miss you know!
    Information is not knowledge.

Forbes

A huge +1 to all of what Rid said.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

downloading... it better be worth my time

that rythm is KILLER!!!! i wish i could play that well when i was 16 ..
    keep up the AWSOME work man. really killer chops if you ask me.

nice axe too. what's that neck pup? stock? plz change it =P LOL

good stuff.. now the masses demand MORE
    Last edited by Davey; 05-21-2005 at 08:12 AM.
    As I climb onto your back, I will promise not to sting
    I will tell you what you want to hear and not mean anything
    Then I treat you like a dog as I shoot my venom in
    You pretend you didn't know that I am a scorpion, ya!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey Biu thanks for sending me the vid that's some nice playing, not perfect but bloody good. The amp seemed a little quite though, you can hear the acoustic twang when you hit the strings hard. Sweet guitar, explorers look the best in natural with gold hardware. What is it?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Xerxes - maybe youre right, but in that case i think you should be more abstract, i dont think that MArk Twain was talking about "writing" as communication (as i did, cos i try to communicate with u people), he was talking possibly - "writing" as the way of art (maybe writing books, articles, news papers). Dont you think that he was against those children and people, who learned english. Somehow they should learn it, one way is writing to commuinicate with teacher for ex. And what you say is sort of discrimination to those people. So xerxes BE more abstract. And think twice befor you say something. Mark Twain words - should adressed to you, not me.

Rid i dont mis anything. I was talking about perfomance(it could be any style). The mistake i ponted could apear anywhere - blues, jazz, r&b, folk music, classic, rock, heavy metal, grunge, etc. I talked abou stress on picked nots, hammer ons, legato, alternate picking - is that shred vocalubary? 80 - s rock? What "his own way" are you talking about, there are simple rules in music that everybody should keep. Before you ignore rules, you have to understand, learn them correctly....Unless you are genius, of course.

Human powerplant Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rid i dont mis anything
    Heh may we call you der almighty then
    Not gonna miss you know!
    Information is not knowledge.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

so mr D .. have you been born with perfect technique? with amazing performance?

who the hell cares about stress on picked notes and legato on a kids home recording which has been done for fun? this is not a professional audition. it's not ment to be ground braking or anything

now leave him be

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rid. Dont exaggerate.

Davey, of course not. I left him be, after my first post. The next posts were adressed, to someone else. Read carefully, before you say something. If 1someone points on 2someones mistakes, it doesnt mean, that 1 has to be perfect. Jason Becker was critisized very much by his father. And he is known only as JB father. But as musican....
    Im not perfect, but it doesnt mean, that i have no right to express my opinion about his technique. - Was i wrong somewere about his technique. I asked this question few time - did someone answer it?(this is the point), this is the subject. Not me. Who cares about who i am.

He cares himself - he was talking himself about practice/ wasnt he? It means that he admits, and he cares. You dont care.
    He is good, but if he continus doing mistakes, he wont improve. And afetr a while, he will become older, and his age couldn be used as excuse...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D

Davey, of course not. I left him be, after my first post. The next posts were adressed, to someone else. Read carefully, before you say something. If 1someone points on 2someones mistakes, it doesnt mean, that 1 has to be perfect. Jason Becker was critisized very much by his father. And he is known only as JB father. But as musican....
    Im not perfect, but it doesnt mean, that i have no right to express my opinion about his technique. - Was i wrong somewere about his technique. I asked this question few time - did someone answer it?(this is the point), this is the subject. Not me. Who cares about who i am.
    well, i give you that one. of course you're entiteled to youropinion, but there's no need to talk him down. but as far as i understand it's your lack of english knowledge and not a direct hit at biu. i see and i apologize

He cares himself - he was talking himself about practice/ wasnt he? It means that he admits, and he cares. You dont care.
    should care more.. yep. i suck at playing cos i dont practice much nowadays (not entirely my own fault.. cant take the axe with me to field work) i see where you're pointing at
    He is good, but if he continus doing mistakes, he wont improve. And afetr a while, he will become older, and his age couldn be used as excuse...
    yup .. sounds like someone i know

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Biu - I've heard a lot of your stuff, you have a unique style and you're on your way to become a good guitarist. I dig your stuff.

Mr. D - "no offense" but you sound like a has-been to me. You are completely missing the point of music. It's not about technical perfection. Everyone aspires to improve themselves. I think you might be jealous of his ability at his age. He's not a virtuoso compared to people that have been playing his entire life but Biu has more technical skill and musical ability than most his age, and then again, most people in their 20's-30's that I know. Post some of your stuff sometime so we can critique your imperfections, won't you?
    "it is a really hard song. it has like 3 different power chords in it. i just learned what power chords are, i thought it was the thing from your amp that you plug in to the wall."

Darkness on the edge of Tone TwilightOdyssey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mr D has 'noob poster syndrome' ... Mr D, you're guilty of the same thing you're accusing everyone else of!! Somone cricisizes you and you feel you have to defend yourself. It's tiresome to read. Either let your 1st post stand on its own or respond to everyone else, but don't be a hypocrite. The manner in which you post is offensive and loathsome. You're an argument monger. You pick a fight and then say 'hey, I was only trying to help!' Bullsh!t.

No one likes a smart ass, Mr D. Biu is a respected member of this forum, and if you haven't gotten that into your thick skull by now, you're going to find yourself on everyone's ignore list. :fing25:
    Last edited by TwilightOdyssey; 05-21-2005 at 01:06 PM.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta ?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.
    FACEBOOK page for As Follows.
    OFFICIAL WEB SITE page for As Follows.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Biu
    I guess I should go practice myself into a precision-based robot then?
    Please don't.. those guys are not very interesting. I'd suggest that you keep working on melody, feel, and individuality.. something that you are grasping very well at such a young age

.. downloading...

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

NICE!!!

I actually liked the 1st half better.. mixing the chords in there.. not as technical but more stylish in my opinion.

Bottom line.. nothing about your playing "sucks" bro. You definitely have the drive and don't need advice from the peanut gallery

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Davey. I know my English needs imperovement.

Xeromus, i will post. But i need first to replace pups. And as i said befor i am not perfect. read my previous post. Excuse me, but "stress on picked note" isnt that a dynamic(depends on your musical hearing) or is it only technique for you?
    Dynamics makes muic more alive, its not just technique, it is a musical feelings. You need to read more careful. And think twice before you say something. And be more abstract.

Twilightodyssey, youre wrong. Am just trying to explain myself, not defend, cos some peple realy narrow minded, and shoould think abstract. I understand that Biu is respected member of this forum, but people has to be objecvtive. And stop licking his butt. Can you point where was i wrong - i pointed on some mistakes. If you cant, shut up, and as i said before stop licking his but.
    I apologized before Biu, for being a litle offensive. And he wil answer for himself. No one gave you the right to become his defender(in that case butt licker). Be objective, if u cant prove that i am wrong shut up. You are very subjective. Is taht your only arguement - "his respected member", is that it? So you close your eyes on his mistakes, because he is "a respected member" - wow...You better thuink twice, no five times before you say something.
    You can ignore me, but dont answer for everyone.

Darkness on the edge of Tone TwilightOdyssey's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.D
    Twilightodyssey, youre wrong. Am just trying to explain myself, not defend, cos some peple realy narrow minded, and shoould think abstract.
    No, YOU are wrong, Mr. You've wasted 95% of your 25 or whatever posts on this thread arguing with long time members. Why don't you go do something constructive, like play in traffic?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta ?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.
    FACEBOOK page for As Follows.
    OFFICIAL WEB SITE page for As Follows.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Twilightodyssey, i was wrong, so wrong. How could i. I should think, think....You need to think not 5, but 10 times before you say something. Your arguments makes me laugh. "Long time members" - it means that whatever you say youre right? Wow, i better wait for 5 years to be right then. HA-HA-HA-HA-Ha, you impress me.