I've recently been hired by a local school to work on a few of their guitars to make them 'playable'.
They don't need to be professionally set up or anything, just passable for the kids to 'pluck about on'
I've taken a look at the wiring of the Epi LPII that I have in my possession that belongs to the school, and I can't find a problem with it!
All the wiring appears to be correct, and un-touched. But when the guitar is plugged in I get no sound when I tap on the pickup polepieces with a screwdriver.
I managed to get some grounding noise from the guitar when I unscrewed the jack socket and touched the lugs with my fingers. This noise continued on all 3 pickup settings and died down when I turned the Volume and Tone controls. This leads me to believe that the Switch and Controls are ok (otherwise the noise wouldn't come through right?).
Could the problem be the pickups? Any other suggestions as to what the problem may be?
Thanx for help and advice guys.