Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Carmines Corner

Ultimate Tone Slacker JammerMatt's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Carmines Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker
    (Not sarcastic, as opposed to what it might sound like - it is genuine)
    No problem, bro. Didn't take it that way
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_F View Post
    On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Toolman of Tone
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For the last time, think of the position that you are creating for SD with this, and, if you have any respect for them, let it go.
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HamerPlyr
    For the last time, think of the position that you are creating for SD with this, and, if you have any respect for them, let it go.
    Agreed. Though I couldn't resist before, when I post I think about the position it puts Evan in, plus how it reflects upon me. Plus why waste my time. This is just a cycle of events just like the last thread. Carmine's ego is too large for him to put himself on the level of other musicians, and he intends to demand respect instead of earn it from anyone. Let that take care of itself. Before he disrpespected seafoamer for the most part everyone ignored this thread except those that were interested in checking out his site which is just fine. Though he shouldn't use this site purely for promotion of his own. However, Evan welcomed him here and offered the endorsement. Out of respect for the Skopp-man, I'm gonna try my best to let it go. I suggest you guys do the same. This isn't worth the time we spend typing here.
    "it is a really hard song. it has like 3 different power chords in it. i just learned what power chords are, i thought it was the thing from your amp that you plug in to the wall."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Quencho092
    Seriously, if you spend so much time recording and performing, and are so busy all the time, why do you keep on coming here to load the forum with spam about the gear you use, the people you are sponsored by, and your own forum? If you want to provide advice, browse the tips and clips page and see how you can help people out, and stop putting people like Seafoamer down when you dont know that they actually know more than you think, and HAVE MORE CREDENTIALS than you think.

Twilight Odyssey recently got a record deal, but i dont see him around here every day spamming the boards. He's always around to provide good advice about the gear he uses and even had his own series of exercises in the tips and clips section. THAT'S an SD member to be admired, not somebody who arrives here to simply look down upon people because not all of them are full time guitarrists with degrees in music.

Most members here have full time jobs besides playing guitar on their own as a hobby, so i dont think that you should be referring to them as children who think they are hot shots. You wouldn't like it if a tech called you an idiot because you didn't know how to refret, re-level, and fret dress a neck, especially if that wasn't what you did for a living.

Well said Bro

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

wow this totally changed the atmoshpere of the entire forum... i wish everything could go back to how it was. there seems to be so much animosity now... its pretty sad.
    [SIZE=1]Guitars:
    Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
    Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
    Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
    Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

A place where the beer flows like wine...
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rabble Rabble Rabble! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow, first politics get banned, and now we're not gonna be able to talk about anybody named Carmine.

Thanks guys!
    Buy the book in my avatar. It's pretty cool.

http://jchutchins.net/site/order/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Talking Re: Carmines Corner

Quote Originally Posted by seafoamer
    In the progression of my original question: [G+7, " , C-7, " , Ab7, " , Bbmaj7, " ]

I'd prolly prefer to play an altered scale over the G+7 chord, a aeolian scale over the C-7, an Lydian flat 7 scale over the Ab7, and a Bbmajor scale over the Bbmaj7 chord.

This would keep the Ab in the chord scale through the first 3 chords.
    If you play guitar chest-high, you play from your heart.

If you play guitar waist-high, you play from your guts.

If you play guitar low, you play from your huevos.

Godfather of Unholy Metal Distortion Luís's Avatar
    I'm at you forum, un-tarding your system!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Isn't this room intended for us to ask and supply knowledge? I don't see why SD would ask him not to share here...

One thing, tts cool we have/had someone with as much experience as Carmine but we don't need to be constantly reminded of that... or the website(s)... or the third solo cd... (can anyone say spam, even if unintentional)

Not being rude, although I bet I'm gonna get some flak, just pointing something out.
    Quote Originally Posted by threechordcharlie and ratherdashing
    TCC:What happened to LSP?
    RD:A question friends and school guidance counselors have been asking for years.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I for one, find it very difficult to believe that SD (a company that let's customers exchange pick-ups for up to 30 days, pays for hotel rooms for free functions, and is just great to their users in every respect) would ask someone to not offer instruction on their web site. Maybe I am wrong but just can't see the logic there. If Carmen prefered to only offer instruction on his yahoo group that is perfectly fine but just say so....
    MY MUSIC

When the going get's tough I get a machinegun.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by HamerPlyr

Best post in the whole thread, good job HP.
    The Heartless Devils "El Diablo Sin Corazon" is now available for download on iTunes
    www.itunes.com/theheartlessdevils

www.facebook.com/theheartlessdevils
    www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Tone Member studiojazzrockguitar's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I explain that I am not permitted to give music instruction,and some mebers don't care,and demmand I do what the forum administrators do not want me to do-instruct-it becomes a blood bath of accusations.OK,for the lat time.I offered to put ,for free an "ASK CARMINE" add on to the SD Forum,I was refused,so I generously offered to teach for free at CARMINES CORNER.That's it.Do all of you understand?There will not be any musical instruction by me at SD Forum,not because I don't want to,but because the forum admins don't want to do the add on,and prefer me to teach elsewhere.If I mention,as all members do ,where to listen to their music,I do not consider that SPAMMING.Just read anyone's profile,and see it for youself.This is my last attempt to explain.Does everyone NOW understand?I have total respect for Seymour Duncan,his pu's,and the man himself is an ex studio guitarist buddy of mine.This decisioin was not Mr.Duncan's,but the admiistrators of this,THE SEYMOUR DUNCAN FORUM.OK?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by studiojazzrockguitar
    When I explain that I am not permitted to give music instruction,and some mebers don't care,and demmand I do what the forum administrators do not want me to do-instruct-it becomes a blood bath of accusations.That's it.Do all of you understand?
    but as i said, you can remain anonymous , join the forum and give tips if thats really you want to do.
    2006 Gibson Custom '58 Reissue Les Paul

1991 Orville Les Paul Custom

2009 Squier Classic Vibe Stratocaster 50s

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

When I explain that I am not permitted to give music instruction,and some mebers don't care,and demmand I do what the forum administrators do not want me to do-instruct-it becomes a blood bath of accusations.That's it.Do all of you understand?
    They are questioning why. We all give each other tip and lessons, why would Evan not allow you to? I doesn't make any sense.

seafoamer

When I explain that I am not permitted to give music instruction,and some mebers don't care,and demmand I do what the forum administrators do not want me to do-instruct-it becomes a blood bath of accusations.OK,for the lat time.I offered to put ,for free an "ASK CARMINE" add on to the SD Forum,I was refused,so I generously offered to teach for free at CARMINES CORNER.That's it.Do all of you understand?There will not be any musical instruction by me at SD Forum,not because I don't want to,but because the forum admins don't want to do the add on,and prefer me to teach elsewhere.If I mention,as all members do ,where to listen to their music,I do not consider that SPAMMING.Just read anyone's profile,and see it for youself.This is my last attempt to explain.Does everyone NOW understand?I have total respect for Seymour Duncan,his pu's,and the man himself is an ex studio guitarist buddy of mine.This decisioin was not Mr.Duncan's,but the admiistrators of this,THE SEYMOUR DUNCAN FORUM.OK?
    Dude, they are not at all saying you can't give advice here. They are just saying that they are not going to give you your own little room here. THIS ROOM HERE is the tips & clips section of the web site. If u wanna give tips, give them in here. You don't need your own little room to do it in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe the admins can come and clear it up and lock it so that they're no longer in this awkward position. Carmine will post and users will reply, as much as you say "If you had any respect for SD..."

Perhaps a good idea, to call Evan? Then we can get the low-down of what's really going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanye West
    Welcome to the real world. Everybody wanna booooo me but I'm a fan of real pop culture!!! No disrespect but we watchin' the show at the crib right now cause...well you know...I'm not crazy y'all, I'm just real.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dude, they are not at all saying you can't give advice here. They are just saying that they are not going to give you your own little room here. THIS ROOM HERE is the tips & clips section of the web site. If u wanna give tips, give them in here. You don't need your own little room to do it in.
    i think you might have hit the nail on the head there foamy!?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Keisman Thunderbird, EB VPJr,
    Mr Black Double Chorus, T1M DD-5/T1M Tap, Wampler Faux Tape, Mr Black Eterna Reverb

Ultimate Tone Member Rotten Guitar String's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exactly what I was trying to say.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by big_black
    They are questioning why. We all give each other tip and lessons, why would Evan not allow you to? I doesn't make any sense.
    because this is what he wants:

pickup lounge
    guitar shop
    tips & clips
    Carmine's corner
    sound room
    test area
    tele project

he wanted his own dedicated room on the SD forum, dedicated to HIM! hahahha can you possibly be any more ARROGANT! Oh man now I understand it all.
    "it is a really hard song. it has like 3 different power chords in it. i just learned what power chords are, i thought it was the thing from your amp that you plug in to the wall."

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Good golly, the guy offers to help a brother out and some of you act like it's high treason. You all read the post and saw the link. Either ignore the post or hit the link and see what you get out of it. From what I have read from some of you, you could you a little free learning.

Moderating this site is the task Evan, Jeremy, Scott and myself have accepted. It's not the memberships job to harass fellow members in the threads. If you have problems, PM one of us.

Robert