Thread: middle humbucker

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default middle humbucker

so i'm planning to a guitar. i have picked out the gibson burstbucker for the bridge and neck positions and am wondering what would sound good with them particularly in the middle region. i'm using a walnut body, mahagony neck and a rosewood fret board.

Fuzzy. Guitars the guy who invented fire's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: middle humbucker

If you're dead set on using burstbuckers get a set of 3 of them...a 1 in the neck a 1 in the middle and a 2 in the bridge
    Proudly Klon free!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

what else might you suggest for different sets of humbuckers
    Last edited by cream123; 01-08-2006 at 04:41 PM.

I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A favorite topic of mine - and it's tough to get a decent answer! What do you want the third pup for? I've always sort of thought it would be cool to put something in that contrasted/complimented the tone curve of whatever the bridge & neck is already: So if you had a "scoop", a middle hb with a serious mid, like a custom custom, would be good. Of course, hotness is also a factor, as I think something in the elusive 10k range might be good...two burstbuckers and a brobucker maybe? Too bad theres no 10k CC!!!! Or, do want a sound you already have, just slid to the bridge or neck a bit?
    Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. I would like to award you a internet trophy for "best comment on a proco rat discussion". Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.

Ultimate Tone Slacker James Rock's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Y not something different (if ur using a 3 way switch there will be not reason to match with other pickups) like a Super Distortion w/ a split option to give u versatility
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

I came from outer space - that's how I know your name!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Or go for plain loud - Three Distortions! I have a split Hotrails in a tele- I like it a lot for versatility. in HB mode it balls-up the tele bridge, in split it gets a nice strat rhythm. How you switch with the three pups makes a difference. The standard Gibson deal is pretty limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon the art guy View Post
    Aceman, your advice was a rich tapestry of hard-fought research, blood, sweat and tears and the homespun wisdom we've all learned to expect and relish from our itinerant face-painted lunatic. I would like to award you a internet trophy for "best comment on a proco rat discussion". Let it be written in the annals of history; Aceman sure as heck helped.