Thread: My latest, Godin Artisan ST-V

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default My latest, Godin Artisan ST-V

This is my latest aquisition. I saw pictures and fell in love so I thought I'd take a shot at her. Really nice axe. Limewood body, maple top, rosewood board, 22 fret. I gave up on Floyds a while back and thought I'd give them another shot. Action is SUPER low and it sounds really nice.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails st2 002.jpg  
    !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My latest, Godin Artisan ST-V

I liked the different body style too. But the blueburst took me!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails st2 001.jpg  
    !

Tommyologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm a huge fan of Godin's.... love the fact they are made in Canada and the uSA and cost the same as the big brands imports..... Plus Godins are mostly high quality wood and workmanship! I'm trying to lay my hands on another Godin Solidac as back up to my main one...... I want a new one as the new ones do not have a pickguard blocking the fancy maple tops.....

These Artisans were kind of odd looking, like a lot of godin's..... but they are original shapes a lot of the time.... not the same old copies... I have seen some of these Artisans up for sale lately and they still sell for a good buck.....

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

what pups are those?

And what is limewood? Not fam w/ that.

Congrats! I like the blueburst too..always have preferred a blue color on strat-type guits for some reason.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The PUs are designed by Godin and made by Schaller. I've heard different definitions on Limewood, some say it's a Canadian version of Alder some say Basswood so I looked it up. It's from the Linden tree which is from the same family of Basswood. I have a Yamaha RGX 603A that is made of Limewood also and it always sounded nice. The Godin has a bit of a darker sound to it which seems to get brightened up by the maple cap. It also has a pull/tone pot which has a mid cut. So far I like it alot. I love the odd shape. That and the color are what got me.
    !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is that bridge pickup the almighty Godin Pentabucker?
    If yes: those can really blow!
    Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
    Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I don't know what a Pentabucker is. I'll have to do a little research. I thought it was strange that the Humbucker is like two singles but no coil tap. The three way blade it bridge/combo/neck.
    !

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by milkbone View Post
    This is my latest aquisition. I saw pictures and fell in love so I thought I'd take a shot at her. Really nice axe. Limewood body, maple top, rosewood board, 22 fret. I gave up on Floyds a while back and thought I'd give them another shot. Action is SUPER low and it sounds really nice.
    It's not a limewood body, but a Machogany body, a maple top and neck, a rosewood fingerboard, a Floyd Rose patent tremolo bridge, Kahler USA locking nut. Very good guitar for funk but also for rock. Very solid, never out of tune, no noise when you don't play. Best multi functional guitar I've tried. A guitar to keep ! (More info on http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-...n-ST5-1992-USA.