Thread: EMG vs. Duncan Live Wire

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default EMG vs. Duncan Live Wire

Which would be a better pickups combo for my jackson RX10D randy rhoads guitar,EMG 81/85 or Live Wire metal/classic?I play rock,metal and some clean.My guitar has 2 hubuckers.
    THANKS!!!:usa:
    ROCK ON!!!
    Dimebag may be dead, but his sound is not!
    R.I.P. Dimebag Darrel 1966-2004

Kometose Tonologist Young Angus's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: EMG vs. Duncan Live Wire

If you're stuck on actives probably a livewire classic set because they will probably be more useful to you for the rock and cleans and will still do metal. The livewire metal i think would just be too over the top and the EMG's would also be a good choice, but i think while the EMG's will give you a very modern metal tone, the live wire classics could also have a little bit of "classic'ness" to them while still being on the modern edge...more so than the EMG's anyway i would think.

DISCLAIMER: Ive owned that EMG set before...ive only read about the livewires.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: EMG vs. Duncan Live Wire

The Livewire Metal set (which actually has a Livewire Classic for the neck) is a great set of pickups, but keep in mind that the metal bridge will be difficult to impossible to get cleans from. It's insanely hot. That said, I love the cleans from the neck position and it's quite controlable. It's one of my favorite neck pickups. The Dave Mustain pickups are just coming out, and I think they're a little more tame than the metals. I don't know if anyone here has a set yet or not, but I know Kac is (im)patiently awaiting his. I'm sure he'll have a full review as soon as they arrive.

A lot of people find the EMGs to make guitars sound alike, but I think that has a lot more to do with setup than anything. I haven't personally tried a set.
    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ