Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Full size humbucker for Strat

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Full size humbucker for Strat

I would like to check out the 78... I'm looking at Seymours product page and I dont see it. Is there another name for the 78?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nevermind.. I found the 78. unfortunately, that one is out of my price range at the moment.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You might want to look into the Blues Trembucker. Do a search on it , it`s like a 59 but a tad bit hotter with pulled back highs,bass and slightly increased mids. It`s a great all around pickup , sounds awesome under gain or clean. I`m betting it would be the prefect tone for an alder Strat w/ maple neck.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just had a brainstorm... How would the Hot Rails bridge pickup sound at the neck position? I know the Bridge Hot Rail is wired differently,but how different? I know the only way to judge is to switch it around. I will do this tomorow...At the neck it may be a better fit than at the bridge for me. I could exchange one of my cool rails for one of the full sized humbuckers. Would that be odd? Something like a Custom Custom bridge ,Cool Rails middle and Hot Rails at neck. I already have a push pull pot and I could split the hot Rails and maybe the bridge to use with the cool rails at the 2 and 4 position.... So many variables and possibilities.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I will check out the TB-3 Blues Trembucker.. thanks. I am taking my time and being very careful this time.. Thanks for all of the help.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I tried the Hot Rails in the neck and I still cant work with it..Even the neck wound Hot Rails would probably not suite my tastes.. it still sounds like a wah pedal is engaged. Very nasal sound.

I contacted Seymour Duncan and they told me I can send Hot Rails back for exchange and enclose a check to make up the difference for any pickup that exceeds the list price of the Hot Rails.. This is good because I dont have to worry about picking a pup that is equal or less value.

I'm impressed with Seymours Duncans customer service.. easy to work with.