Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 87 of 87

Thread: Myspace to be sued

  1. #81
    Godfather of Unholy Metal Distortion Luís's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    I'm at you forum, un-tarding your system!
    Age
    29
    Posts
    11,423
    Likes (Given)
    8
    Likes (Received)
    11

    Default Re: Myspace to be sued

    Blame Canada...
    Quote Originally Posted by threechordcharlie and ratherdashing
    TCC:What happened to LSP?
    RD:A question friends and school guidance counselors have been asking for years.

  2. #82
    Ultimate Tone Slacker RushOfBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Heaven or Las Vegas
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,971
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Myspace to be sued

    All I know is that this could mean bands would no longer be allowed to connect or communicate with anyone under 18, which is a HUUUUUGE audience, for most bands, that's almost their ENTIRE audience, and that could potentially ruin the BEST promotion tool known to man right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by krankguitarist View Post
    And I *really* wouldn't lop Affliction and Ed Hardy in the same category. Affliction stuff can have a sense of subtlety to it.

  3. #83
    Toneologist neosadist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Age
    36
    Posts
    861
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Myspace to be sued

    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat
    Skarey, you make some good points. It was always understood that this is MY house. There is no "MY room." We refer to it as yours, but at no point was there a misunderstanding about access. If you weren't supposed to have it in your possession, you certainly shouldn't bring it into MY house. Before the kiddies get too upset and SHOCKED by this, understand that we rarely searched their rooms. Then again, we didn't have to.
    Well yeah. Even if someone has no morals, the point that anything illegal in the house can be legally held against the parents in court should be enough. Good point.
    My Music Page
    Quote Originally Posted by vinterland
    I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
    Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

  4. #84
    Toneologist neosadist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Age
    36
    Posts
    861
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Re: Myspace to be sued

    Quote Originally Posted by RushOfBlood
    All I know is that this could mean bands would no longer be allowed to connect or communicate with anyone under 18, which is a HUUUUUGE audience, for most bands, that's almost their ENTIRE audience, and that could potentially ruin the BEST promotion tool known to man right now.
    I think not. With as "wealthy" as "big time" musicians become, I doubt they'd slip up in this department, what with all the people watching them, waiting for an excuse to sue, as this story demonstrates.
    My Music Page
    Quote Originally Posted by vinterland
    I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
    Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

  5. #85
    Stargatologist JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,221
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: Myspace to be sued

    Quote Originally Posted by neosadist
    I think not. With as "wealthy" as "big time" musicians become, I doubt they'd slip up in this department, what with all the people watching them, waiting for an excuse to sue, as this story demonstrates.
    I think he's speaking more of the smaller bands that use myspace as their main source of advertisement. And you'd probably be surprised at how many "big time" musicians aren't all that "wealthy".
    Buy the book in my avatar. It's pretty cool.

    http://jchutchins.net/site/order/

  6. #86
    Mojo's Minions Imp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Englandshire
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,706
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: Myspace to be sued

    Quote Originally Posted by neosadist
    I think not. With as "wealthy" as "big time" musicians become,
    he's not talking about "wealthy" or "big time" bands though

  7. #87
    Banned big_black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,930
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: Myspace to be sued

    Quote Originally Posted by neosadist
    I think not. With as "wealthy" as "big time" musicians become, I doubt they'd slip up in this department, what with all the people watching them, waiting for an excuse to sue, as this story demonstrates.
    He's talking about if they had over 18 / under 18 areas that were exclusive.

    I totally agree.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •