Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A little give away...

Human powerplant Vasshu the humanoid typhoon's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Exclamation A little give away...

I have a special Plexitone that I have used myself for some testings, it is purple, not all nicelooking and perfect, but it has a real special sound, I made it for my self some time ago, it is almost like a normal PT, but it has two switches for some filtering stuff, and a different OP-amp on a socket, the rest is just like a normal PT.
    I would like to give it away to one of the bros/sisters here.
    Tell me/us why you like playing music, how you feel about making any sort of difference to your surroundings with your talent.
    I will then pick someone randomly, by using my right now unknowing wife
    And I hope to organise one more giveaway later on, hopefully with my boss and some different setup, it may not be possible but I hope that it can work out, I need to get that one cleared.
    Anyways I do this because I belive in this place, despite our shortcomings, but I refuse to dwell on negative stuff, so I thought of this because I love this place and because Seymour Duncan has been a huge part of my sound for almost 20+ years.
    Participate if you would like to use this pedal, it is not a sound for everyone, but for those who likes a slightly vintage British flavour.
    So give it a shot if you like.
    Best regards Niels
    P'S thanks to Robert for clearing this one!
    This place is one of the best!
    Not gonna miss you know!
    Information is not knowledge.

Luckybastidologist bungalowbill's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A little give away...

Rid, you are the man.
    Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Boogeyman of Tone
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Rid's personal plexitone? Wow

I'm not going to enter as I received an A2JB from Stevo (about a year and a half ago) but I'm sure whoever gets it will be in for a serious treat.
    My clips

Quote Originally Posted by Rid
    How do I block my hardtail?

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd enter but i'm not comfortable talking about how i want to change the world with my greatness etc
    But it really sound like somehting that would be fantastic to have tho
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Tommyologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'd love to get a PlexiTone has i have 0 highend pedals.. Because of cost issues i buy used Boss, and dod type stuff. but the only thing i can say as far as playing guitar.... it's a part of me..... not something i "do"... I may not do it that well as others, but it is part of ME.... Other then that i have no idea what i could say...

WhoFan

Cat In The Hatministrator stevie_bees's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm in the process of starting a Live Music Club within the Forces community here in Gibraltar. The aim is to have a chance for all those frustrated rock 'n' rollers, bedroom guitarists, those in the throse of a mid-life crisis or whoever, to get involved with live music. Whether it's performing or just helping to set gear up. I'm hoping to pass on my experiences, both as a musician and a performer to those new to it, and in the process get people out and playing. I'm applying for a grant to get some equipment to allow everybody a chance to try an instrument, and something like this would go a long way to helping a budding Hendrix, or Clapton, or whoever to find the same enjoyment I get from music. I might not ever set the rock world alight, but if I can get 1 person on stage and performing within the next 12 months, I will be a happy man.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i want a propper dannish sandwich
    #WhyNotUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Niels, you are a class act, bro. Someone will surely enjoy this!

Tell me/us why you like playing music, how you feel about making any sort of difference to your surroundings with your talent.
    Wow, this is way cool, Niels.

I like playing music simply because it makes me feel good, like a real connection. Music has been a part of my life since childhood, singing or whatever. Once playing guitar came in to the mix, that was it. It's something I truly have a passion for.

If I can make any sort of difference, it's that I would like those listening to enjoy it for what it is and have a good time. Forget about the everyday hecticness of life, just get up and dance and have fun.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I just got a compressor pedal from Butch, so I'm going to bow out of this one. But someone's going to get a KILLER pedal!
    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rid
    This is a biased give away...

.....it's based on the assumption that I have any talent & therefore precludes my entering the contest

As a child, my dad died at a young age. I was 10years old & my uncle gave me a tape recorder & The Beatles red & blue "Greatest hits" tapes.

Those tapes helped me through a tough time & really introduced me to some GREAT music.

As a father now, I try to play as much as I can & hopefully pass on the love of music to my girls.

It's as simple as that. My delusions of being a rock star have long passed...I just plug away & hope to spark their interest enough to one day become rock stars, make a ton of money & be able to afford the lifestyle I'll grow accustomed to once I start leeching off of them

BTW....I already have a Plexitone & don't need this....I just thought I'd share.

The thought of winning Niels personnel Plexitone overcame me
    Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 07-02-2006 at 01:47 PM.
    Brian Moore i1p.13/Line 6 HD-500/Alesis M1 Active 320 USB Studio Monitors/Macbook

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Zuhahahaologist daemon barbeque's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice act Niels ,i don't interest in the pedal ,it is not my tone ,so i let other people to get it ,but i appriciate your "heart" and your kindness.Thanx bro!!!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I play music, because it;s the only thing I've ever felt so pasionatly about, and had the need too do. Ever since I've started playing, it's the only thing I do. I cannot go a whole day without picking up my guitar and playing. If i could make any differnce, I'd want it to be for people to play to express themselves with thei own music and not to worry about other people or what they say. If it makes you happy, and youy enjoy the style you play, it should be good enough for everyone.

P.S I think its great, these giveaways, it shows how great the people are that use this place.
    Last edited by dgk2448; 07-02-2006 at 12:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ratherdashing View Post
    Ah yes, a Gibsom Res Paur. Good fortune comes to buyer!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Man, music is the force that pushes blood through my veins. I've grown to love music in every genre and possible time period. Music is my opportunity to say something to people and have it mean something, and put it in a format that's easily accesible to people in general. My favorite music has become that music that has a message, whether that message be political, religious, moral, or simply sexual....it's gotta have a vibe and an energy and that's what I want to convey through the music I make, energy and feeling.

But I don't want your pedal I have too many pedals as it is, I just wanted to get some of that stuff out, there are people on here far more deserving of something this cool than me, so best wishes to all those entering!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Super Toneologist callous_frigid_chill's Avatar
    The colonies, and if you don't like 'em then you can geeeeettttt out
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I like playing music because I don't have many other talents

I like it because like the cliche goes, "it's the universal language" Also, assuming you can talk, anyone can make music, even if you have no money at all. I'd like to innovate and create an original musical style of my own.
    Defender of the Sonic faith.

Gibson SG Faded

Carvin Vintage 16 amp

http://www.lp.org

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can say with music what you can't with words. I used to listen to rap and never knew who SRV, or Jimi Hendrix was until I got into college and my roomate played me some of their stuff. It has changed my life forever. It was amazing that just through a guitar someone could show such emotion. I don't consider myself a very good guitar player and as of lately I have been really down on myself for it, maybe a new tone is the kick in the rear I need. IMO, if I can make someone feel something or bring back an old memory, anything that touches someone in some way, then I have done my job as a musician.

Toneologist
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wow! If i won this i'd give this to my gf! She has a basic crate now that her parents got for her birthday and sounds very poor. I think at times she doesn't like practicing because it sounds so bad for certain sounds, she's very self concious too and it is really hard on her to practice if anyone can hear it.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, I've been playing music since I was eight when I started playing piano. Then two years later I started playing Euphonium, but I consider the point where I really started playing instruments to be a year ago.

My girlfriend had broken up with me, and I was depressed as anything. So instead of doing what everyone else in my school would've done in a situation like that (Either take drugs or physically harm themselves), I buried myself in music and discovered the blues and classic rock. I heard Clapton and Jimi and Duane Allman, and was amazed at what emotion they had while playing songs like Layla, Little Wing, and Whipping Post. So I went out and bought a guitar with my graduation money and learned as much about the blues and classic rock as I could.

I picked up guitar quickly enough and a lot of my friends tell me I'm pretty good, so I'll take they're word for it, and my playing on the piano and euphonium became a lot better, bluesier too, with so much more feeling in it.

With my "talent" in music, if you can call it that , I want to introduce people to good music like that (There really isn't much music in my school as it is), and of course to stop them from taking the route noted above to get away from depression (Drugs and physically harming themselves). I didn't take that route, and listened to music instead, and it healed my depression instead of making it worse like drugs would've. I see a lot of kids at my school who were once good people but ruined themselves by taking drugs. And I don't want to see that happening anymore, so I figure if I can play this music whenever I can for people, they might take that route if they were ever overcome with depression like I was.

And of course, to have fun playing the music I love to listen to and play
    The G.B. Kirch Band on Facebook!
    And Here on Bandcamp!
    Crankin' a Gibson Les Paul and a Fender Strat into a Crate V32, in an attempt to deafen those who don't enjoy good ol' fashioned blues and rock n' roll

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I play music (guitar/piano/violin/nose-flute/kazoo) because when you really get into it, you don't care about anything else. Even when you're playing badly (as I usually do), if you just play a few power chords over and over with a little beat, you get into it! I think about it a lot, little chord progressions that I can use. And it kinda helps me get through the day. While I'm sitting in class (gonna be a junior in college), I don't want to be there. I want to be back in my apartment, serenading myself with terrible little songs I write.

It's just plain fun!

The only difference I make to my surroundings (besides angering my girlfriend with the amount of money I spend on guitars and amps! ) is taking myself away from my roomates. You see, I annoy them constantly - that is if I'm not playing guitar. When I'm playing my guitar, I'm in a different world and as such, I can't possibly annoy them or pull pranks on them! It's a great system.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Woa very sweet of you Rid! I too already won a contest and did my own so I won't enter this, good luck to everyone! And thanks again Niels.

I LOVE these board and the people on it. Thanks everyone.