Thread: Wiring question

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Wiring question

I'm replacing stock Mighty Mites with GFS Crusaders. The stocks only had three wires (red, white, and black) but the new ones have five (red, white, black, and silver). What do I do with the extra wires?

Questionologist
    NORTH HOLLYWOOD (talk to me, So Cal members!)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Wiring question

Probably GFS sent you a color code for their wiring in the package. If not, it might be a little tricky because you have to figure out which one is the hot and which is the ground.

The silver wire definitely goes to ground -- it's touching the foil shielding around the other 3 wires and soldering it to ground will get rid of a lot of noise interference.

The other 3 wires are 99% likely to be the main hot lead, the coil-split lead and the ground lead. As for which is which, I can't tell you because I don't know the GFS color code. Maybe their website has some info on that.
    In 1861 as Confederate forces were about to fire on Fort Sumter, the Blue and Gray had far more in common than the blue and red today. What fellowship can "the truth shall set you free" ever have with "what is truth"? Barring a major epidemic or nuclear attack to explode the postmodern myth that the reality outside our heads depends for its very existence on what we think of it, secession is coming...