Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 140

Thread: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

  1. #61
    Forbes
    Guest

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by chopstherocker View Post
    Read the rest fo my post.
    I read the post, i dont see the connection, any decent band can play through a few plastic bottles, (as My Chemical Romance and fightstar did, and got some praise for it afterwards), i doubt many bands could play through having a member shot onstage. A few bottles doesn't ruin the event for the fans, it just makes the band know there are people out there who don't want them.

    Alot of people feel passionately about keeping Reading a primarily hard rock festival, and they show this to the organisers by throwing bottles at the acts that don't fit the bill or at those that are generally considered crap, months before the bands have even turned up most of the people going to the festival will pretty much know whose going to get bottled and who isn't.

  2. #62
    Forbes
    Guest

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by flank View Post
    I just think its disrespectful, plain and simple. It would be interesting if some band came out and started launch crap at fans. We that just be a "risk" taken when going to a rock show? Naw, that would just be stupid. so likewise, this is too.
    G Unit threw a fair few FULL water bottles back at the crowd, i know someone who got hit, he took it in good humour.


    Man i've got alot of posts in this thread.

  3. #63
    The T-Files-ologist Skullkrusher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Mediocrity
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,166
    Likes (Given)
    2
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    If you like the band or not..........no excuse for that crap. Takes a no brain fool to do something like that.



  4. #64
    theodie
    Guest

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    What is the deal with this pop band anyway??? I listen to the radio and they go from playing old school Metallica or something like it, to playing this kind of garbage,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAAJTIK-3qc
    As far as I know, they are not a clear channel station. Who the hell is pushing this garbage pop band as a rock band to be played on a rock station??? Nickelback and other musical masterbation bands are alot better than these lame fuchers! Hit the dude with another piss filled bottle! Hit the other people responsible with something also!

    This band should go back to fudgepacking each other in thier spare time and get off my damn radio!

    WTF
    Last edited by theodie; 09-12-2006 at 08:31 AM.

  5. #65
    Toneologist mrchodito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Age
    28
    Posts
    638
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by WORSHIPTEAM View Post
    Dude you wouldn't have made it 60 years ago. You probably wouldn't have made it 10 years ago, and your not making it now. If you have a gripe about these generations, do something about it. Anybody can stand on the sidelines and complain, it takes a real man to make a difference.
    What the hell are you talking about? You don't even know me. I am trying to make my own good music, so i can't really say im standing on the sidelines. I'm confused. Are you saying that I have no right to claim that that i'd rather live in a generation that could call jimi hendrix their own? Thats my personal belief, and beyond me having a complete right to hold that belief, i think its valid. I would like to see someone of that caliber unfold before my eyes. Further more, what do you suggest i do then? Do you honestly think it's going to be possible to change the tastes of millions of people by myself? come on, im all for giving it a shot but at the same time im a realist. I know alot of bands that are incredible... probably could have made it somewhere in the industry if they were operating many years ago, unfortunatley most people have a taste for cheese now and what is good... isnt that good. You can take your hallmark card, everyone try thats all we can do, perspective and stick it some place thatll prevent you from walkin straight for awhile, as far as i care. I wouldnt expect someone who's 40 years old to understand whats going on with the youth of today anyways. But still, quite an assonine statement. Who am i kidding though, you did grow up with the good stuff what would you know about what its like to only have crap metal as some kind of sad saving grace?
    Last edited by mrchodito; 09-12-2006 at 09:43 AM.

  6. #66
    Varg Pradoon Enčilakiip Pink Unicorn Horsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,531
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    If a hot, scantily clad woman goes into a bar, leaves with a guy and gets date-raped, does she deserve it? Did she have it coming to her just because of the way she was dressed? Food for thought.

  7. #67
    Skarekrough
    Guest

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by KGMESSIER View Post
    If a hot, scantily clad woman goes into a bar, leaves with a guy and gets date-raped, does she deserve it? Did she have it coming to her just because of the way she was dressed? Food for thought.
    If someone's playing professional hockey and a fight breaks out and they get pulled into it and knocked out, did they deserve it?

    If a NASCAR racer gets swiped and crashes, did they deserve it?

    What if a baseball pitcher gets hit by the batter? Is it the batters fault?

    It's an occupational hazard.

  8. #68
    Varg Pradoon Enčilakiip Pink Unicorn Horsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,531
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarekrough View Post
    If someone's playing professional hockey and a fight breaks out and they get pulled into it and knocked out, did they deserve it?

    If a NASCAR racer gets swiped and crashes, did they deserve it?

    What if a baseball pitcher gets hit by the batter? Is it the batters fault?

    It's an occupational hazard.
    Some of those things are totally by chance, while others involve making a conscious decision. To me, it seems like there are apples and oranges here.

  9. #69
    Mojo's Minions 3'scompany's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,709
    Likes (Given)
    19
    Likes (Received)
    17

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarekrough View Post
    If someone's playing professional hockey and a fight breaks out and they get pulled into it and knocked out, did they deserve it?

    If a NASCAR racer gets swiped and crashes, did they deserve it?

    What if a baseball pitcher gets hit by the batter? Is it the batters fault?

    It's an occupational hazard.
    It's only an occupational hazard because it happend while they were "at work". Doesn't make it right. If I'm at work and someone shoots me, is it just then an occupational hazard that I need to "shake off"? I don't think so. Just because it does happen doesn't make it right. And most legitimate occupational hazards are accidents, not intentional shots at injuring someone. I don't think violence spawned from intolerance should be celebrated. Just me though.
    DayGlo

  10. #70
    Toneologist mrchodito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Age
    28
    Posts
    638
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by KGMESSIER View Post
    If a hot, scantily clad woman goes into a bar, leaves with a guy and gets date-raped, does she deserve it? Did she have it coming to her just because of the way she was dressed? Food for thought.
    you sound like my parents harassing me about getting a tattoo.. "if .... jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?" theyre two different issues with their own complex points.

  11. #71
    CastorHopologist Budweiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    land of the great Canadian beaver
    Age
    46
    Posts
    3,540
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    I don't know, but to me, someone who gets a kick out of throwing a bottle at a musician on stage & pegging him off in the head because he doesn't like his music, is the same type of person that gets his jollies from keying a brand new car just for the heck of it. *scumbag all the way around*
    Life's a journey, pack a lunch!.

  12. #72
    Varg Pradoon Enčilakiip Pink Unicorn Horsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Red Sox Nation
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,531
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    15

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by mrchodito View Post
    you sound like my parents harassing me about getting a tattoo.. "if .... jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?" theyre two different issues with their own complex points.
    Yes, they're different issues, but as I see it there's a common theme in there.

  13. #73
    Ultimate Tone Member 3th3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Hiding in the Dark
    Age
    46
    Posts
    501
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    One of the problems is that there are usually no repercussions for the acts of an audience member. Usually the worst thing that happens is that he/she will get thrown out of the concert. BFD!

    That person who threw a bottle should be charged with assault and battery. If the singer had thrown a bottle without provocation at an audience member, you can be sure they'd be charged.


    [ LP Standard G0 ][ SG Standard R2 ]

  14. #74
    Mojo's Minions J Moose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    NYC metro/USA
    Posts
    5,250
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    5

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarekrough View Post
    I don't think anyone is really stating that anyone DESERVES to be nailed with something on stage, it's just one fo those occupational hazards.

    It's kind of like having to commute to work in a car...you might get into an accident, and accidents suck....but it rarely stops normal people from commuting to work.

    No.

    Nope.


    Can't agree with that at all.


    Someone chucking a bottle or a rock or anything at your skull INTENTIONALLY is COMPLETELY different then getting into a car accident.



    If you can't understand that...


    Well....




    Fuk me.






    I dunno.







    That's sad.
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

    Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

  15. #75
    SDUGF Riffologist Supremö B2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,257
    Likes (Given)
    393
    Likes (Received)
    543

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Throwing sh*t at people on stage = dumb and dangerous.

    How hard is that to understand?

  16. #76
    WORSHIPTEAM
    Guest

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by mrchodito View Post
    What the hell are you talking about? You don't even know me. I am trying to make my own good music, so i can't really say im standing on the sidelines. I'm confused. Are you saying that I have no right to claim that that i'd rather live in a generation that could call jimi hendrix their own? Thats my personal belief, and beyond me having a complete right to hold that belief, i think its valid. I would like to see someone of that caliber unfold before my eyes. Further more, what do you suggest i do then? Do you honestly think it's going to be possible to change the tastes of millions of people by myself? come on, im all for giving it a shot but at the same time im a realist. I know alot of bands that are incredible... probably could have made it somewhere in the industry if they were operating many years ago, unfortunatley most people have a taste for cheese now and what is good... isnt that good. You can take your hallmark card, everyone try thats all we can do, perspective and stick it some place thatll prevent you from walkin straight for awhile, as far as i care. I wouldnt expect someone who's 40 years old to understand whats going on with the youth of today anyways. But still, quite an assonine statement. Who am i kidding though, you did grow up with the good stuff what would you know about what its like to only have crap metal as some kind of sad saving grace?
    There you go kid! Now take that agnst, write some songs, and start your own label. That's what I meant. Do something with it. As for Hendrix and all the others of that time that is what they were doing. Not just talking about it, but doing it.

  17. #77
    SingedFingerologist FretFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque, NM
    Age
    30
    Posts
    7,714
    Likes (Given)
    48
    Likes (Received)
    175

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Since when does debating over people flinging stuff and performers on stage mean it's cool to fling insults at each other? Chill people, you can discuss and disagree with one another without getting so pissy.

  18. #78
    SDUGF Riffologist Supremö B2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    15,257
    Likes (Given)
    393
    Likes (Received)
    543

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by FretFire View Post
    Since when does debating over people flinging stuff and performers on stage mean it's cool to fling insults at each other? Chill people, you can discuss and disagree with one another without getting so pissy.

    Word. I don't know who's more immature, some of the people flamin' it up in this thread or the people in the crowd on the video.

    I'm outta here.

  19. #79
    Toneologist mrchodito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Age
    28
    Posts
    638
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Quote Originally Posted by WORSHIPTEAM View Post
    There you go kid! Now take that agnst, write some songs, and start your own label. That's what I meant. Do something with it. As for Hendrix and all the others of that time that is what they were doing. Not just talking about it, but doing it.
    Dude, I am writing songs. What you just outlined above, has been my dream since i was a young boy, for the reasons i stated before. I never said i was sitting idly on the sidelines. But I mean, why does the fact that I have something to say about that imply that i am doing nothing about it? I was just making a statement, man. And if any of those comments about flaming were directed my way, I'm sorry. I was just trying to defend myself because my character came under attack. I didn't intend to hijack the thread.

  20. #80
    Toneologist mrchodito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Barrie, Ontario
    Age
    28
    Posts
    638
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: PANIC!!!! at the disco guy knocked out

    Back to the subject, I think this was all a matter of inappropriate booking.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •