Thread: So Should The Texas Hot Bridge Be Ballsier Than The Twangbanger?

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default So Should The Texas Hot Bridge Be Ballsier Than The Twangbanger?

Anyone else that has tryed both the texas hot for bridge and a twangbanger in the same strat,please chime in.What your tonal findings comparing the 2 pickups?

So far....The two pickups are about as bright and both a2 poles..The Texas Hot Custom bridge is cleaner and clearer sounding.The Twangbanger has some snarl in the mids because of it's bottom plate I guess?..Both pickups seem to have about the same output..The TB seems to have slightly more mid content,but I'm not sure yet?

I do know that this second twangbanger isn't as warm and nice in this strat as it is in my other strat...The 2 strats are pretty close overall in wood,weight,hardware etc...
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 11-22-2006 at 08:38 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Stratoblaster Tone Meister STRATDELUXER97's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So Should The Texas Hot Bridge Be Ballsier Than The Twangbanger?

I spoke with Scott Miller today(Always a treat).....Maybe Scott can give us his opinion if no one happens to chime in? Just curious really and no life changing thing...
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.