Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021 LastLast
Results 381 to 400 of 412

Thread: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

  1. #381
    dreamonologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,623
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by davedvdy View Post
    God's ways are NOT our ways, so I couldn't tell you.

    You have already accepted the fact that there is no God. Many say "it takes no faith", well that it is false, you have already proved that you have made up your mind that there is no God...which means that your faith is in that. Put your faith in an idea that you are here by random chance, and you say I am illogical, and people like me are. As I have said many times over, the only twisted logic is that everything out there just "got here", and evolution only explains so much,

    it still cannot explain (vaguely put):

    1)motion
    2) The laws behind Science (the governing factors)
    3) The initial reaction to all evolutionary factors
    4)Space
    5)How millions of species got onto a planet inhabitable for all

    The ironic thing, is one poster here is quick to use the Discovery Channel for evidence, when as I have pointed out COUNTLESS times, that many credible atheist Archaeologists don't trust their information, so we are to trust it RE: Bible?

    If you use God to explain science, you must then invent a science to explain God.

    Oh, wait.... God needs no explanation, because God is God. I forgot.

    Well then. Science needs no explanation, because science is science.
    Last edited by theboatcandream; 02-10-2007 at 03:04 PM.

  2. #382
    MEGAINFRACTOR! exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Manhattan, KS
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,862
    Likes (Given)
    318
    Likes (Received)
    613

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    pwned.

    cg
    -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

    http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

    cg

  3. #383
    Banned BigAlTheBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Pedro CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,452
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    This 'conversation' is one of the most redundant and pointless 'conversations' I've ever seen. Dave, I agree with you. But cut your losses dude! There's no way you're going to win, or even make them think about what you're saying. And Boat, you're messed up.

    Ridiculous.

  4. #384
    Stargatologist JB_From_Hell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Age
    34
    Posts
    15,221
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    13

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by bigalthethird View Post
    This 'conversation' is one of the most redundant and pointless 'conversations' I've ever seen.
    Agreed, but it's still fun, and keeps churches in business.

    Dave, I agree with you. But cut your losses dude! There's no way you're going to win, or even make them think about what you're saying. And Boat, you're messed up.
    Short of proving or disproving the existance of "god", how exactly would anybody win an argument like this? Some people base their beliefs on fact and evidence. Others don't need that. Neither is "messed up" for their way of being.

    Ridiculous.
    WAAAAAAAAY too funny
    Buy the book in my avatar. It's pretty cool.

    http://jchutchins.net/site/order/

  5. #385
    Ultimate Tone Slacker davedvdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,849
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    In order to "dis"prove something, shouldn't you first have proven it? lol

    cg
    I cannot believe you said this...then why do people say they have "disproved God", or they have "disproved the Bible"? They don't need to do it, right? so what's the point?

    Quote Originally Posted by theboatcandream View Post
    Actually, I said that he isn't all powerful, and since he also isn't all knowing then there's probably a thing or two we can teach him.
    Unless I misunderstood you, you said you don't believe in God, so why make such a statement to start with?

    Quote Originally Posted by theboatcandream View Post
    If you use God to explain science, you must then invent a science to explain God.

    Oh, wait.... God needs no explanation, because God is God. I forgot.

    Well then. Science needs no explanation, because science is science.
    Science SOLELY explains everything about our existence? The more you post, well, nvm...
    Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    pwned.

    cg
    Albert Einstein "owned" when he said that science is dumb w/o religion...or better yet..w/o God!

    Quote Originally Posted by bigalthethird View Post
    This 'conversation' is one of the most redundant and pointless 'conversations' I've ever seen. Dave, I agree with you. But cut your losses dude! There's no way you're going to win, or even make them think about what you're saying. And Boat, you're messed up.

    Ridiculous.
    I'm not trying to win anything. I already mentioned what John 6:44 says: "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him". I'm just having a discussion, it's not really about winning, although I do debate a lot of other subjects in other forums w/the intention of winning. I am sure I will not win anything, and that is never my motivation in relgious threads. I do like to disprove some myths that some believe, such as common stereotypes or "all Christians believe this". I get bashed all the time, and mostly by traditional Christians, because I don't believe homosexuality is a sin.

    Dealing w/atheists is quite easy for me, because I don't get that same judgmental, condemning attitude, usually.

  6. #386
    Banned big_black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,930
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by davedvdy View Post
    Albert Einstein "owned" when he said that science is dumb w/o religion...or better yet..w/o God!
    I'm not sure what you are paraphrasing, but it's totally out of context.

    To quote him directly :"I believe in Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the orderly harmony of what exists, not in a God who concerns himself with fates and actions of human beings."

    Similar to what I have heard Gearjonser talk about - an energy that is interconnecting through all matter...not an old man who sits in the clouds and hates-on tEh Gays.

    More insight HERE.
    Last edited by big_black; 02-10-2007 at 03:38 PM.

  7. #387
    Super Toneologist taphappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,350
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    I think he got that from this quote:
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."-Albert Einstein

  8. #388
    dreamonologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,623
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by davedvdy View Post
    Albert Einstein "owned" when he said that science is dumb w/o religion...or better yet..w/o God!
    Religion is not the same thing as Christianity or God. There are many different religions out there. Some are Christian, more are not. Some involve a god or gods, some do not.

  9. #389
    Banned big_black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,930
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by taphappy View Post
    I think he got that from this quote:
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."-Albert Einstein
    Ok, it's still out of context though. This god Einstein talks about is not a moral guardian, rather a force that binds the universe. It's pretty irrelevant to the discussion.

  10. #390
    Ultimate Tone Slacker davedvdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,849
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by big_black View Post
    Ok, it's still out of context though. This god Einstein talks about is not a moral guardian, rather a force that binds the universe. It's pretty irrelevant to the discussion.
    What he personally believes in is irrelevant, he believes that a God does exist, that is all I'm saying...something that governs the universe. Where did I say he believed in Christianity specifically? I don't even know what you just shared w/me now, other than the quote I got.

    Anyways, I'm leaving this discussion, I somehow dupe myself into posting in these threads, and get on the endless merry go round of mayhem.

  11. #391
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,881
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by big_black View Post
    Great post. Yeah...populate the entire Earth from two people in a few thousand years without us turning into Mongoloids? .
    Apparently you have never been to a NASCAR event.

  12. #392
    Ultimate Tone Slacker Frankly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Bob Kulick is a Tool
    Posts
    1,881
    Likes (Given)
    256
    Likes (Received)
    143

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattt View Post
    Christians by the very definition are stupid people... i'm surprised more aren't willing admit to that.

    .
    That's kind of stupid and over-the-top.

  13. #393
    JustAskinologist cream123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    MN
    Age
    22
    Posts
    10,494
    Likes (Given)
    14
    Likes (Received)
    129

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    400th response!
    Quote Originally Posted by kilphody View Post
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

  14. #394
    Mojo's Minions TimmyPage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canadian in the UK, like Maple Syrup in Tea.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,109
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    78

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by cream123 View Post
    400th response!
    Sorry.. you're Mr. 401.

    You are a failure at post taking.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

    Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

  15. #395
    Banned BigAlTheBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Pedro CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,452
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Actually, he was the 401st post, but the 400th response.

    Canada loses again!

  16. #396
    Mojo's Minions TimmyPage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canadian in the UK, like Maple Syrup in Tea.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,109
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    78

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"



    A Mountie never loses.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

    Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

  17. #397
    Banned BigAlTheBird's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Pedro CA
    Age
    27
    Posts
    11,452
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    7

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"


  18. #398
    Banned big_black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,930
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by TimmyPage View Post


    A Mountie never loses.
    Leave it to those Canucks..."We take it like a champ".

    Around here it's the mount-ER that wins...

    Last edited by big_black; 02-10-2007 at 08:16 PM.

  19. #399
    Mojo's Minions TimmyPage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Canadian in the UK, like Maple Syrup in Tea.
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,109
    Likes (Given)
    17
    Likes (Received)
    78

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by big_black View Post
    Leave it to those Canucks..."We take it like a champ".

    Around here it's the mount-ER that wins...

    So it's true what they say about gay bestiality in the states then..
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

    Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

  20. #400
    Ultimate Tone Slacker davedvdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,849
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    3

    Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

    Quote Originally Posted by big_black View Post
    I'm not an expert on the subject, so I will leave it to them. The information is readily available.

    My question to you is how does the Earth populate itself in a few thousand years, assuming we all came from two people? Why are we not all inbred?
    Quote Originally Posted by big_black View Post
    "A few" is a relative term, and even 6,000 years sounds totally implausible to me.

    With minimal knowledge of disease and medicine I find it hard to beleive people were living longer. You will certainly have to back that up with something reliable.

    The recessive traits weren't in the human gnome at that time? Sounds like a bit of evolution...
    Woah, time out...I couldn't help but notice this. I asked you a question RE: how many species of apes we evoloved from, and you said "that information is readily available". BUT you wanted me to back up my claim of people dying a lot older back then...hmm....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •