Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

Mount Airy, NC, USA - My johnson can cure Halitosis!
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

"Judge not, lest ye shall be judged." Any Christians on this thread having a poke at these people remember the aforementioned quote? It's from the bible (just in case you need reminding). I think that's why there is a notable lack of Christian support for this thread. Sure there are some folks on this thread who claim to be Christians, but they sure do seem to have forgotten the bible or they wouldn't be having fun at someone else's expense like this. I think they might instead reference a few things that were said on that site and say "I don't interpret the bible this way, but instead I think this...". This way, they wouldn't be judging the other person and calling them an idiot etc. They would just be stating their personal beliefs instead of passing judgement on others. That's what a Christian should be doing in my view if they are going to participate in this thread.

Of course, I'm not a christian, so I'm not bound by any of the above. I can pick and choose what I do and when I do it. I can judge people all I want. To all those Christians on this thread who have passed judgement upon the "Fundies" and their beliefs in this thread, I suggest that you repent for your sins now if you are actually a Christian and really do try to hold to those beliefs. Who are you to judge others when those judgements are not your place?

Either way, the whole thread is still in bad taste. I don't find anything on that site to be funny. I think it's all rather tragic to be honest.
    Last edited by Gr8Scott; 02-02-2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: edited to correct my earlier blunder about the 10 commandments.

ummm, GR8 ... that isnt one of the 10 commandments ... sorry

i think if folks (irrespective of how they label themselves or others) spent a touch less time judging and a touch more time reducing suffering and spreading peace, things might go a touch smoother
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hmm. Sorry bout that. I haven't been forced into a church since I was 8 years old or so. Please forgive my ignorance T4D and thanks for straightening me out.

MATTHEW 7:1-5:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast the mote out of thy brother's eye."
    Found it. I always thought that was one of the 10 commandments for some reason...

I couldn't agree with you more on the second part of your last post BTW.
    Last edited by Gr8Scott; 02-02-2007 at 07:01 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    ummm, GR8 ... that isnt one of the 10 commandments ... sorry

i think if folks (irrespective of how they label themselves or others) spent a touch less time judging and a touch more time reducing suffering and spreading peace, things might go a touch smoother
    I heartily agree...

folks need to do more touching!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It sure is funny how PC a lot of adamant anti-PC folks have been in this thread.
    Buy the book in my avatar. It's pretty cool.

http://jchutchins.net/site/order/

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    It sure is funny how PC a lot of adamant anti-PC folks have been in this thread.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh, BTW, according to an admin, if you're not specifically calling someone out, it's not disrespectful. Essentially, say whatever you want about a group of people (in this case, Fundies), but don't say anything bad about any specific fundie.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Re: "Fundies say the darndest things!"

Ya know, that whaaaaambulance pic was ok when it first came out. It's getting a little tired now. Every time I see it I just think of how old and tired it is and how parrot-like and unoriginal the dude who posted it is.

"SQUAWK!!! Whaaaaaaaaambulance! SQUAWK!!!"

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8Scott View Post
    Ya know, that whaaaaambulance pic was ok when it first came out. It's getting a little tired now. Every time I see it I just think of how old and tired it is and how parrot-like and unoriginal the dude who posted it is.

"SQUAWK!!! Whaaaaaaaaambulance! SQUAWK!!!"
    It's been old for a while.

My point was taken.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting info from the Admin. I guess we're in for more stimulating statements like "fundies sure are stupid" again eh? Every post that quotes a fundie saying something and then criticising the fundie as deranged etc is against forum rules then eh? Of course, given the ban on all things political, I still can't say bad things about liberals now can I...

So is bashing a type of religion ok? Can I talk trash about islam itself and it's A-OK with the admins as long as I don't pick out a particular adherant to those beliefs? Sounds like a recipe for bedlam to me. I honestly find it amazing that religion is even an allowed topic of discussion here because it's a major party/conversation foul usually and it's equally as devisive as political discussions are. If we can't wear our political affiliations on our sleeves here, why are we allowed to mill about with our religious affiliation on our sleeves?
    Last edited by Gr8Scott; 02-02-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you ever seen me use the "whaaaambulance" thing? Nope. I never have, so what point are you trying to make with it exactly and how is me saying it's tired and old a point "taken"?

Zuhahahaologist daemon barbeque's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Interesting info from the Admin. I guess we're in for more stimulating statements like "fundies sure are stupid" again eh? Every post that quotes a fundie saying something and then criticising the fundie as deranged etc is against forum rules then eh? Of course, given the ban on all things political, I still can't say bad things about liberals now can I...

So is bashing a type of religion ok? Can I talk trash about islam itself and it's A-OK with the admins as long as I don't pick out a particular adherant to those beliefs? Sounds like a recipe for bedlam to me. I honestly find it amazing that religion is even an allowed topic of discussion here because it's a major party/conversation foul usually and it's equally as devisive as political discussions are. If we can't wear our political affiliations on our sleeves here, why are we allowed to mill about with our religious affiliation on our sleeves?
    Sorry but noone bashes "a type of religion" here.We bash the ignorance ,hatred ,stupidity!So if you don't bash it ,that's fine with me ,but don't complain when you ever get a bad contact or trouble with a fundie or extremist (from every religion) ,cos youre not christian!!!We try to save even your rights here !!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by daemon barbeque View Post
    Sorry but noone bashes "a type of religion" here.We bash the ignorance ,hatred ,stupidity!
    +1

There are plenty of respectable people of faith here.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by daemon barbeque View Post
    Sorry but noone bashes "a type of religion" here.We bash the ignorance ,hatred ,stupidity!So if you don't bash it ,that's fine with me ,but don't complain when you ever get a bad contact or trouble with a fundie or extremist (from every religion) ,cos youre not christian!!!We try to save even your rights here !!
    No need to save me from the Fundies. They would have their hands plenty full if they ever chose to make my life difficult. At that point, someone would have to save the fundies from me...

I hardly see anyone in this thread fighting for anyone else's rights.

Zuhahahaologist daemon barbeque's Avatar
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No need to save me from the Fundies. They would have their hands plenty full if they ever chose to make my life difficult. At that point, someone would have to save the fundies from me...

I hardly see anyone in this thread fighting for anyone else's rights.

I hope it man!
    Ofcourse i fight fore someone elses rights too.I don't live in the U.S.A..so i don't have all the extreme religious people here where i live.But i had contact ,more than once.And it isn't a problem that we can't solve alone.We need to fight for our rights ,as a human being.I do it.And i do it for all of us:for my future ,wich can cross your future too.Who knows!

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Have you ever seen me use the "whaaaambulance" thing? Nope. I never have, so what point are you trying to make with it exactly and how is me saying it's tired and old a point "taken"?
    I have seen you gripe about political correctness, and whatnot. I think that was the point.

Skarekrough

You're free to bash anyone or group on here or in the United States.

However, you're also free to be shouted down when you say something that's overwhelmingly stupid and realized as such by the general populous.

That's the part no one wants to acknowledge....when you say something stupid others have just as much freedom to chime in.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Glad you said that. There is an element of the Christian Right that is actively attmepting to make people's lives difficult. Fusing Politicsa with religion, they are activley campaigning to violating rights and "ghetto-izing" certain groups within our culture.

Being a young, white, hetro male from a fairly well to do suburb I don't have a lot to complain about. They are not making my life difficult directly, but it doesn't mean I can't fight for the rights and needs of others.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by theboatcandream View Post
    ...and it's not even Christianity, it's fundamentalist Christianity which is being ridiculed. These people do not represent the mainstream. They don't even represent the teachings of Christ.
    That's what's interesting to me...one of the specific examples of nuttery I provided earlier was very much mainstream, being the vice-presidential candidate in a recent election. He didn't get in, but it was interesting that such nuttiness and manipulativeness could ever be mainstream on that side.