Loving this new G&L Legacy and don't plan on changing anything major on it soon. But maybe some opinions on the pickups:
What I know:
- The pickups sound good & work well with the tone controls
- Bridge pickup is too weak and thin ... very much like my Strat
- It's very quiet on 2-4 ... noise on 1-3-5 settings ... again like my Strat
- Loaded with quack ... maybe more than Strat
- had to remove springs on bridge PICKUP to get it close enough to strings
What I don't know:
- DC resistance for stock legacy pickups? (should have measured them)
- Will bassplate help the thin & weak bridge pickup ... what kind?
- Will Seymour Duncans fit ... if I decide to change them?
Right now I think I would like to:
-Add Stewmac copper tape shielding. It helped my Tele a bit but doesn't get rid of noise entirely.
- If I could find one that fits, I'd like to add a baseplate to the bridge pickup if it would add a bit of bass/mids and strengthen the output (even a little).