Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Snow pics from Norway, especially dedicated to Florida and Cali guys

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Snow pics from Norway, especially dedicated to Florida and Cali guys

Quote Originally Posted by B Bent View Post
    I am still trying to figure out what this snow stuff you speak of is.
    Hm, typical that the home.no server I use had to stop doing anything now...

Try this link meanwhile. However, I'm not so proud of the few snow pics here now, after have seeing the New York state pics.

Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Snow pics from Norway, especially dedicated to Florida and Cali guys

Quote Originally Posted by Zhurh View Post
    Tor & everyone else. I sure like seeing all the picts; usually they are decent shots of super cool special places places everyone has or comes across.

We mostly catch salmon is set nets & fish wheels. Hardly anyone catches salmon on fishin poles. Show your dad this pict of my buddies fishwheel, which I use for about a week during salmon run. Our kings average 20 Kg but we catch 30 kg salmon often too. I still have a freezer full of king salmon that will probably end up being dog food. I prefer eating burbot and I think they are in Norway also. They get up a little over a meter in length.

We have Dall Sheep also and the wolves really kill alot of them during the winter.

Where we live. most people drive older Trucks and have several skidoo snowmachines, atvs, and boats to travel in rural areas. Most snowmachines cost around $7000 US but are necessary in snow country. Probably the same in rural Norway. And we luv hockey too.

Notice how baskets scoop up salmon swimming up river & drop them into boxes. You catch 20-30 a day when run is on. This is the last pict I will post, ha.

Cool pic Zhurh. 30 kgs salmons? Wow, that's wild! 'Insufficient availability of food' is not something Alaska have ever heard of then. Uhm, and yeah, I just checked and you're right about burbouts here in Norway. Thanks once again for your pics, I truly enjoy seeing what Alaska can offer!