Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Cort love?

Default Re: Any Cort love?

I've had a great chance awhile ago to play a Cort bass guitar in orange with a white 3-ply pick guard, black P-bass pick up, black control knobs and a maple fret board which looked and played amazing. The Cort bass guitar was actually made in England from what it read on the headstock. I wonder if this was a high-end Cort guitar since it's made in Europe?

;>)/
    Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess. - Oscar Wilde

Mojo's Minions

Cort Matt Murphy Signature....YUMMY!

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Rex_Rocker's Avatar

Wow. Holy necrobump!

Wasn't Cort the company in that incident where System of a Down's guitarist and Tom Morello protested, and an employee lit himself on fire demanding labor rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
    Wow. Holy necrobump!

Wasn't Cort the company in that incident where System of a Down's guitarist and Tom Morello protested, and an employee lit himself on fire demanding labor rights?
    it was

Slutbucker Pimpologist ArtieToo's Avatar

I've had a couple of Corts. Both were nice solid axes that played great. I gave one, (the M200), to a neighbor kid who's grown up now and still plays it and loves it. I gave the other, (CL1000), to a friend who still plays it. In fact, I've got it in my shop now for some new pots. I wouldn't mind getting another.

Mojo's Minions

I’ve seen them my whole life in used guitar shops and pawn stores and honestly have never seen one that looked worth picking up and taking home. Not to say there’s not, just haven’t seen them around. I know they know they contract for Fender and G&L -so clearly they have skills but who sells their good stuff?
    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

In the 80s, they got sort of a bad reputation for plywood junk. But their factory ghost-built a lot of other brands.
    Dave, Ambassador/Writer/Artist for Seymour Duncan

My Guitar, Gear, and Music Webpage

Gear pics and more on my Instagram.

watch where you point that sword Phantasmagoria's Avatar

Love mine..

Name:  Cort_X6_SA.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  328.8 KB

A couple of X6's (an X6-SA & a X6 VPR). They're great shred guitars..

Apart from the p'ups (stock Mighty Mites were actually great too) I have'nt changed a thing. The LFR's are cool..stay in tune well & flutter nicely. The electronics were fine too..standard import fare, but decent quality. The necks are slightly fatter/rounder than an RG's but nice & smooth with good fretwork & finish (AANJ type neck joint). They're easily on par with an upper-range Indo or mid level MIJ Ibanez. I've got Lace Deathbuckers + a SD Hotrails in one & a Set of Blackouts in the other (Blackout Metal in he Bridge). Both sweet sounding/playing axes
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Gene View Post
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Bandcamp