Likes Likes:  0
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910

Thread: The Well IX

Default Re: The Well IX

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    Several years ago I was really into (and still am to a degree) a noise/rock band from Chicago called Shellac...they are run by one of my favorite recording engineers ever, Steve Albini...Steve just does things in a very signature way and his records have a very signature sound. He's recorded everything from his own bands to Nirvana to Page/Plate to the Pixies to Cheap Trick and all points inbetween.
    Do you know the band "Failure" with Ken Andrews?

Interesting progression from their first disc, by Albini & their last self-produced record...

Next time we yak I'll have to tell you my Albini story!
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Fuzzy. Guitars the guy who invented fire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Moose View Post
    Do you know the band "Failure" with Ken Andrews?
    Interesting progression from their first disc, by Albini & their last self-produced record...
    Next time we yak I'll have to tell you my Albini story!
    Don't know them...

I did meet Steve once at a Shellac show...he was exactally what I expected!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Failures "Fantastic Planet" is one of my favorite records... ever.

Ken Andrews (the guitarist) is a great producer in his own right... Interesting interview with him in TapeOp several years ago w/him and talking about Albini & his methods.
    J. 'Moose' Kahrs
    mixer|producer|recordist
    mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Anyway Shellac's firts single was a tune called "The Guy Who Invented Fire"...when I was signing up for my very first internet forum I happened to be listening to that tune so I just used it as a handle and it stuck...I use it as a handle on almost every forum Im on...
    good thing you weren't listening to "Quo Me Cunque Rapit Tempestas, Deforor Hopes" by the Mermen.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    good thing you weren't listening to "Quo Me Cunque Rapit Tempestas, Deforor Hopes" by the Mermen.
    I guess so!!!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

to all those who read the well...I have asked a few guys to take over for The Well 10 and so far have gotten some no's...no biggie, folks are just busy with life, work and the holidays...

Give me another day, 2 at most and I'll for sure have a new host on in here...

Until then feel free to ask away! I'll gladly do it until I find a new host!

BTW...please don't take this as a chance to pop up and ask to be the next host or "drop hints"...thanks

I cant think of anything to ask you that i already don't know, and what I don't know I'm afraid to ask.

Hey, tag... you're it. Been busy as HELL lately.

theodie

Hey, I know you and Angie were looking to buy a house. How is that front coming along? Are you possibly waiting til prices hit bottom?

You got a pic of that Woman?????

You guys going to get hitched one day or, are you 2 happy with the situation you guys got?

Ooo...look at Odie!!!

Uhh, well...we are still going to buy a house and maybe that'll happen next year but in fairness we're both very happy in the old apt for now so, there is no real rush on that.

On the marrage front we'll be gettin married soon enough...we've been doing the venue, style, size talk for a while, she got a dress a little while back and I've been ring shopping on and off...it's all happeneing but no need to rush it!

Thanks guys!!!

This was a lot of fun.

The Well 10 should be coming soon!!!