Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Well IX

Fuzzy. Guitars the guy who invented fire's Avatar

Default Re: The Well IX

Quote Originally Posted by darnright View Post
    I have learned a lot from "the guy who invented fire", I wish I had spent all that time making music or seeing and hearing it made. My question; On the island of chandelier,
    what wattage bulbs do they use in their chandelier?
    Glad I could help.

As far as the light bulbs go, I wasn't there long...
    Last edited by the guy who invented fire; 12-01-2007 at 06:19 PM.
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

I really like your forum name-but you don't look like a guy smart enough (j/k) to invent fire. I mean, really, how did you do it?

Have you found a good Tone Bender type fuzz yet?

got any plans for an Esquire?
    "music heals"
    facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I really like your forum name-but you don't look like a guy smart enough (j/k) to invent fire. I mean, really, how did you do it?
    Not only did I not really invent fire but I've never invented anything!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Have you found a good Tone Bender type fuzz yet?

got any plans for an Esquire?
    Hmm...I've got an idea or 2 for a MK II but nothing solid just yet,however I think I just sealed the deal on an english Arbiter Fuzz Face in a grey casting that was tweaked and fine tuned by Analog.Man!

On the Esquire front im not too sure...I do have a BG-1400 sitting waiting for a good home! I wanna do something cool wiht it but Im really itching for another vintage style Tele...something really close to a real 50's axe! I think I'll get started on it next year!

How are yours coming along??

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    Not only did I not really invent fire but I've never invented anything!
    LIAR!

Seriously now-I know you're a Fender guy, so do you have your ultimate amp, or are you still searching for one-what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Seriously now-I know you're a Fender guy, so do you have your ultimate amp, or are you still searching for one-what would it be?
    Do you mean Fender amp guy or Fender guitar guy??

On the amp front Im pretty lucky. I have a handful of very nice amps however my fav hands down (atleast today!) is my 62 Deluxe. I got it from Lew and it's just killer. I have a pre rola alnico Celestion (silver) for it but right now Im giving a Greenback a run and really liking that too.

Im not sure it's my ultimate amp but it's a good one! I like having different amps for different sounds and Im sure I'll have a lot more as time goes on but that deluxe tends to cover a lot of ground for me! My favs tend to be 50's and early 60's Fenders. I like other stuff too but the old Fenders just sound "right" to me.

Pick ONE: BB, Freddie, or Albert? -discuss why.

Joe Jackson or Warren Zevon?

Rice or noodles? -and can either be combined with french fries?

If you had to be whisked back in time and forced to star in an 80s television show, which would you choose?

If you could know the truth behind one mystery/conspiracy theory, what would it be?

Guitar Player or Guitar World? Why?

What do you consider acceptable vegetables?

Brownface or blondeface?

65 or /13?

If tone is in the hands, how important are the knuckles?

If you could choose one piece of equipment to get freakishly devoted to (like, for example, some mac and bogner users do), what would it be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

18 watts of Mayhemologist JumpMarine's Avatar

Great choice for the next well!

So Christian, my friend, where do you see yourself in 20 years?

What inspires you?

Who do you think is the next "Guitar Hero" if there are any?

What is your favorite era of music?

How many licks does it take to get the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?

What was your most embarrasing moment?

Proudest moment?

Current GAS?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Blondes or brunettes?

By that, I mean in Labrador retrievers, of course.
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Quote Originally Posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
    It was cool to put a face to the name and to the playing after all this time Lew!

The only pics I have on my computer right now are from when forum bro Luke Duke and his wife came to the "A" for a little vacation earlier this year...here is me at a local spot having a cold one with some buds...B Bent and Luke Duke were here that night as well as Luke's wife and my girlfriend.

Don't say I didn't warn you!

Except for the rolled up Baily... this is exactly as I pictured you!!
    Bruce

Mission Amps
    10671 Racine Street
    Denver, Colorado USA
    303-955-2412

guest1234

What has been your favorite guitar?

How about your favorite amp?

How many guitars and amps have you owned?

[QUOTE=Hot _Grits;1599528]Pick ONE: BB, Freddie, or Albert? -discuss why.

-I really dig BB and Freddy was cool as well but for my money Albert IS the KING of the blues! Albert just played with so much power but could be very soft as well...love those big wide overbends and stinging tone. Now, that said...in the old days BB was a heck of a singer...don't get me wrong, he's still a great singer but in the old days he used to really puch his voice and sounded great doing it! And while we're at it...Freddy might be THE man at up tempo instrumental blues!

Joe Jackson or Warren Zevon?

-Joe Jackson is cool and all but I gotta go with Warren Zevon.

Rice or noodles? -and can either be combined with french fries?

-Noodles are good but I'll go with rice and keep both away from my fires!

If you had to be whisked back in time and forced to star in an 80s television show, which would you choose?

-TV is bad now for the most part but it was real bad int he 80's...I guess I'd hang out on MTV in hopes of something cool.

If you could know the truth behind one mystery/conspiracy theory, what would it be?

Who killed JFK???

Guitar Player or Guitar World? Why?

I read both as well as Vintage Guitar...both GP and GW have good and bod months...IMO GP is "better" overall but I still think VG is better than GP.

What do you consider acceptable vegetables?

I like green beans, green peas, lima beans, corn, most of what you'd find in a good salad...there are others but these come to mind right now!

Brownface or blondeface?

Not sure about blondface...Blone Fender amps still had a brownface. I do prefer Brownface (Brown and Blond tolex) Fenders to Blackface Fenders for what I do

65 or /13?

I've met Peter and he's a heck of a nice guy and he and his guys makes a fine amp, I do like several of the 65 amps but they don't floor me...as for the Divided stuff I like almost everyone I've played through! They are pretty loud when you look at their rated wattage but if you can crank them they are killer. I think Fred has something great going with his amps I just think they are overpriced.

If tone is in the hands, how important are the knuckles?

It'd be pretty hard to play guitar w/o knuckles so I guess they are pretty important

If you could choose one piece of equipment to get freakishly devoted to (like, for example, some mac and bogner users do), what would it be?

Hmmm...While I do feel a bit of devotion to some builders/makers/companies out there for example I have Duncans in all but one of my guitars, Bruce Collins/Mission Amps does all my amp work and lately I'm really liking Analog.Man for effects stuff I try to keep my options open for gear...Im not sure I could get as "stuck" on one piece of gear like Mac heads do...
    [QUOTE]

There you have it!

Who/what inspired you to become such an avid fan of The Rev. and ZZ Top?

Are you a fan of the following artists/bands and if so, to what extent?:
    Marvin Gaye
    Stevie Wonder
    The Police
    Ray Charles

What is your favorite restaurant of all time?

Have you ever played a Blackface Vibrolux Reverb (original not the custom reissue thinggy) and how do you like em compared to other vintage Fender amps you've played?

If you had to pick one person that was the biggest mentor to you, who would it be?
    - BlueBurst Campellone Standard CSTM (Kent Armstrong Johnny Smith Mini HB n)
    - Pelham Blue Gibson DG-335 (Antiquity n/'78 b)
    - Goldtop Gibson R7 (Antiquity HBs)
    - Teal Green Metallic Fender '56 NOS Strat (Antiquity Surfers n&m/Antiquity Texas Hot Custom b)
    - Tungsten Buckwheat
    - Fender '57 Tweed Twin-Amp
    - Vintage Sound Amps VS112P (Princeton Reverb clone)
    - Henriksen JazzAmp 110

Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Blondes or brunettes?
    By that, I mean in Labrador retrievers, of course.
    One of the best dogs I ever had was a yellow Lab. great dogs!

Quote Originally Posted by missionamps View Post
    Except for the rolled up Baily... this is exactly as I pictured you!!
    Thats cool!

The hat is a semi new thing...I started wearing them about a year ago petty heavy and have several different ones. Now sure why, just felt like the thing to do!

So, how ya been Bruce??

Quote Originally Posted by chopstherocker View Post
    What has been your favorite guitar?
    How about your favorite amp?
    How many guitars and amps have you owned?
    Fav guitar that I actually owned...my Moderne holds a pretty special place to me and on top of that is actually one of the best playing and sounding guitar I've ever owned. I owned a late 50's Melody Maker that was modded all to hell that was amazing but I only owned if for like 15 minutes...I think if I had kept it it would still be around and still be high on the list. My blond Tele is pretty amazing but if I had to pick just one fav it would be the Moderne.

Amp...it's be a tie between my 62 Deluxe Im always raving about and my Mission Amps V Front Super amp...those are killer amps!

How many have I owned...gosh...a lot! More than I think I could remember to be honest. Most of the guitars I've let go of were good but not great...howver I do miss some of the amps I've had over the years...a few old Traynor heads, a couple of old Ampeg combos, a killer mid 70's 4 hole Marshall 100 watter that had been set up PTP, a HiWatt 50 watter, a few old Gibson combos...a GA-20 and a great sounding GA-70 as well as several older Fender combos...several Vibro Champs, a 68 Princeton Reverb, a 66 Pro Reverb several Bassman and Bandmaster heads...Im sure there are more but thats what I recall right now...

PinkElephantologist

I'll ask you one more question if I may. , but it will be in two parts > lol.
    1) What would you say about the Fender Telecaster?
    2) What would you say about Bruce"The Boss" Springstten?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny47 View Post
    Who/what inspired you to become such an avid fan of The Rev. and ZZ Top?
    Are you a fan of the following artists/bands and if so, to what extent?
    Marvin Gaye
    Stevie Wonder
    The Police
    Ray Charles
    What is your favorite restaurant of all time?
    Have you ever played a Blackface Vibrolux Reverb (original not the custom reissue thinggy) and how do you like em compared to other vintage Fender amps you've played?
    If you had to pick one person that was the biggest mentor to you, who would it be?
    Hmm, ZZ Top and Billy G...ya know the first album I ever bought (yes vynal album) was a kids picture disc that had some story on it and I bought it because it looked cool but the next thing I ever boght was my first of many copies of Tres Hombres...my dad had a copy that was completely wornout and I wanted to hear it w/o all the opos on it so I got my own copy. I liked it so much that my next album was Deguello...it was all down hill after that!

The music just spoke to me so I started looking for more of it, more blues and blues rock I found myself knee deep in records by "the Kings", ZZ Top, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Muddy Waters, Hendrix, Robert Johnson, etc, etc. I did sort of stray from "the path" for a while when I was around 18...I wanted to see whatelse was out there and found a whole new world of music, saome of it I still listen to from time to time...The Melvins, Shellac, etc but I've come full circle and back to the blues and Blues rock and I couldn't be happier about it! What can I say...it just speakes to me!

Marvin Gaye-Not really, no reason just never really got into his stuff

Stevie Wonder-amazing musician but some of his stuff is just not for me, however the rest of it is great!

The Police-I really like the Police fo the most part but I'll be hoenst I they are a band I could go w/o if I had to...

Ray Charles-Love him!

favorite restaurant...thats tough! I like to eat!

I have played through an original BF Vibrolux Reverb and they are great amps. Just listen to Danny or Roy for what a good Vibrolux and a Tele can do! Compared to other Fender amps...this goes for ALL BF/SF Fenders not just the Vibrolux...I prefer older Fenders...tweeds and such are where it's at for me!

mentor...well I've learned a lot from guys I don't even know!!! I have been learing from Billy G, SRV, Clapton , Beck, the Kings, etc for years and then there are guy on places like this...guys like Lew and Bruce (and there are many more) have taught me a lot but the man that I've learned the most from woudl have to be my dad. He is a killer musician and can play just abotu anything he picks up, he writes and records his own music at home builds his own amps...he's just an amazing guy all around and has taught me more than any other 3 guys I know!