Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

Default Re: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendell View Post
    *nerd round*

Any tips for beard growing?
    stop shaving, thats basically all i did. once it gets big then shampoo it once a week or when ever there seems to be a lot of crap collecting in it. cause it will collect crap.

If you could have one super power what would it be?
    id like to be able to move at the speed of light. seems like that would make almost anything pretty doable.

Who your favorite super hero or super villian?
    hmmm... always liked batman. a little crazy but cool toys and a good heart

Who is your favorite character from a book/movie/tv?
    ill say screwtape

Default Re: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlTheBird View Post
    What were the thoughts running through your head when you gave Mr. Duncan the forum designed Tele (that preceded me)?

Pretty darn cool.
    where is scott? thats what i was wondering. i thought he was gonna come up with me and be my co-presenter. id met seymour before and hes a great guy and people dont make me nervous. i also had in the back of my mind that i never cranked the pups up to the strings as close as i wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker View Post
    What is your most embarrasing moment?
    hmm... i dont really get embarased much. im sure it was sometime when i was out with my gf and she was being an out of control *****

Do you enjoy the nightlife?
    yes i do. i lived like a vampire for a while. passing out after the sun came up and not leaving the house till the sun went down unless i had and actually went to class or work. i dont like packed crowded dance clubs but a loud rock and roll bar is fine as is a quiet dive as long as they have a decent beer on tap, a bottle of jack daniels and a bottle of sambuca.

How health conscious are you?
    sorta, kinda, not really. i dont exercise. i am not sedentary but i dont actively seek out physical activitys. i dont eat fast food, love vegetables and fruits, and love to cook. i eat very well. more than i should most definitly but i typically dont use lots of salt or fats when cooking. really like toxiclly spicey foods.

What happened the last time you got truly angry?
    i swatted a large very nice crystal vase full of flowers off a coffee table smashing it into a million pieces.

What's goin' down for Christmas?
    christmas eve is with my gf's family, sunday will start at my parents house with the rents, sis and gf then to a family friends house then to my uncles house to meet up with the rest of the family that lives in driving distance
    means lots of driving but its always nice to see all these people

Quote Originally Posted by KGMESSIER View Post
    Would you post a few screen shots of some of the admin screens none of us has access to? I just want to see what they look like.
    dream on boston boy

-Any advice for dissuading a kitten from using a futon for toilet?

-I don't think I've ever seen any photos of your rigs. Show and tell.

-what musical projects are you currently involved in?

-what do you consider to be the superior self defense aid: a cheescake or a marrow?

-I remember listening to the user group day jam and really liking your stuff. You're a fingerstyle guy, right? -nails or calluses?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpMarine View Post
    Will you ever shave the monkey?

Your favorite guitar, amp, fx currently owned?

Seller's remorse on your gear?
    Buyer's remorse on new gear?
    What's your dream job?
    Worst job ever?
    ill trim the monkey but shaving anything is a pain in the ass that i try not to subject myself to.

favorite guitar and amp is hard. with my celtic tweed deluxe my esquire is magic, so simple but so responsive. with my deluxe reverb a strat or my washburn sg type thing are perfect. with what i call my tye-dye amp, which is the celtic tweed bandmaster that has a tye-dye t shirt for a grill cloth is killer with my brown oversized tele w/ buckers. im building a new guitar and a new trainwreck express type amp and im hoping that pair will also make it to the favorite list.

favorite fx is probably my barber ltd running at 18v or rotosphere. im not a very big fx guy even though i have a bunch of pedals laying around.

there are plenty of things that i have had and liked but let go. an ibanez rg550 and artist, a few les pauls, a few sg's, few strats and tele's, one mockingbird. some marshalls and other cool amps too. but overall i still have way to much gear and im 90% happy with all of it and its very usable for what i do now. the ibanez and jcm 800 halfstack was a killer rig but i wouldnt use it much now.

i should know better than to buy any more les pauls. i never keep them. the only gibson i currently have is a modern special with a 496r and phat cat bridge which i paid $200 for with a case. i dont really regret any of them cause i always got more than what i paid for the stuff when i flipped it.

dream job? id like to play music with people i enjoy hanging out with and make good music with for 6 months of the year. the other 6 id like to build and work on guitars on my time. ideally i would make everything on the guitar (tuners, bridge, pups etc...) and a perfect amp to go with it.

worst job? no more gorilla retail

Would you rather jam with Fillmore-era Allmans or ZZ Top?

What is your favourite metal band?

Now that the honeymoon period is over, are you vibing with the Alnico Blue?
    ive met billy gibbons twice that i can recall and he was great both times.

i would kill someone to jam with the fillmore era allmans.

i was a huge pantera fan. metallica thru justice was great.

i love the alnico blue, hands down it is my favorite guitar speaker. the alnico gold on the other hand is a great speaker but it is not a 50w blue. in my deluxe reverb i prefer a g12h or cannabis rex over the gold. i wouldnt suggest paying the normal retail price for a gold, its not worth it. if you can get it at a really good price it is a good speaker

does this look like a band that i should be playing after? i can certainly tell you that it does not. if i hadnt put $200 in my pocket i woulda had to cause a ruckus

that pic doesnt do justice to what they looked like two years ago. there was no black at all and lots of colors

theodie

What is the funniest Duncan moment you have ever witnessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot _Grits View Post
    -Any advice for dissuading a kitten from using a futon for toilet?
    drown the kitten in the toilet? dont like that one? try cayanne pepper or some kinda pepper spray

-I don't think I've ever seen any photos of your rigs. Show and tell.
    i dont own a digicam any more but i do happen to have one here. i wont be able to take any pics till i get my gear back on sunday after i wrap up recording.

-what musical projects are you currently involved in?
    ive been playing with the same bass player and drummer off and on for about 5 years now. we back up blues guys that come into town and do our own blues rock cover trio. we also play blues with another two guys who we are recording an album with right now. i do a little fill in work for blues and rock bands when they need a guitar player. play bass in what i consider a joke band (i think only the drummer and i feel this way) we write tunes but its kinda like slumming it. its fun to play bass so ill keep doing it as long as its fun and the money to bs ratio is ok.

-what do you consider to be the superior self defense aid: a cheescake or a marrow?
    does the cheesecake explode? if not id say the marrow

-I remember listening to the user group day jam and really liking your stuff. You're a fingerstyle guy, right? -nails or calluses?
    i play with my fingers alot, no nails just flesh on strings. i do use a pick sometimes, its hard to play fast lines without it. i havent listened to that jam in a long time. i just remember thinking i should have raised up the bridge pup way more and i forgot to move a mic to the amp i was using which was a brown deluxe or super (very nice) so the mic was on the amp that the fender was sitting on top of. not the best way to hear the tone

Mega Pony Rider Pink Unicorn Horsey's Avatar

I'm guessing passion is the strongest element that drives a musician to be who he or she is. Aside from passion, what is the one quality of yours that has shaped you into the musician you are today? Is it a positive attitude? Excellent finger strength or dexterity? The ability to perform well under pressure? Gorgeous locks of hair? Something else?

- Keith
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    I am just jug the merlot

Ultimate Tone Slacker tubeman87's Avatar

Beer....likes/dislikes?

Women Blond/Brunette/Red Head/or All?

Breast man or A$$ man?

Gnomes or Elves?

Right or Left?

Best advise for a beginner guitarist?

Xbox 360 or PS3?
    FOR GEARJONESER.......... I HOPE THIS ONE IS LESS OBNOXIOUS AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
    I never heard anybody say he caught anything from a fly. My cousin gave two guys the clap, and nobody ever whacked her with a newspaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    cus 14 y.o. girls get faster every year

Assuming all your loved ones are able to get out safely, what's the one thing you would save in case of a fire?
    I am just jug the merlot

Cat In The Hatministrator stevie_bees's Avatar

Where and when was your greatest on stage moment?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Post a pic of yourself, but not the one that's already in your avatar.
    I am just jug the merlot

I'm guessing passion is the strongest element that drives a musician to be who he or she is. Aside from passion, what is the one quality of yours that has shaped you into the musician you are today? Is it a positive attitude? Excellent finger strength or dexterity? The ability to perform well under pressure? Gorgeous locks of hair? Something else?

- Keith
    besides a passion and love for music and the locks and the ability to excel under pressure, i think my patience and easy going nature (even if its only a front) has really allowed me opportunitys that i wouldnt have had otherwise. if you are easy to get along with, are on top of your game and dont cause any problems you are much more likely to get that call again. from a musical aspect i think the fact that im willing to throw myself into any situation without hesitation has really helped me. you can put me up on stage with just about any one and im not gonna sweat it. its not that im that great a player but i can find a place to add something in almost any situation.

maybe eight years ago i was playing with matt smith who is a hamer endorser and can really play the hell outta the guitar. i thought i was really sucking compared to him. on a break we were talking and i mumbled something about playing like crap and he said that i wasnt and even if i was, its just playin music and not to worry about it.

my finger dexterity kinda sucks, so that aint it. im still coasting on the practicing that i did when i was a teenager

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    besides a passion and love for music and the locks and the ability to excel under pressure, i think my patience and easy going nature (even if its only a front) has really allowed me opportunitys that i wouldnt have had otherwise. if you are easy to get along with, are on top of your game and dont cause any problems you are much more likely to get that call again. from a musical aspect i think the fact that im willing to throw myself into any situation without hesitation has really helped me. you can put me up on stage with just about any one and im not gonna sweat it. its not that im that great a player but i can find a place to add something in almost any situation.

maybe eight years ago i was playing with matt smith who is a hamer endorser and can really play the hell outta the guitar. i thought i was really sucking compared to him. on a break we were talking and i mumbled something about playing like crap and he said that i wasnt and even if i was, its just playin music and not to worry about it.

my finger dexterity kinda sucks, so that aint it. im still coasting on the practicing that i did when i was a teenager
    That's a great answer, Jeremy! Do you have any kind of practice routine now, or do you just work on the songs you need to learn in order to keep up your chops?
    I am just jug the merlot

Quote Originally Posted by tubeman87 View Post
    Beer....likes/dislikes?
    if it says light or even worse lite, its only use is for putting out fires. im kinda a beer snob. i like a varity of beers and ales but i try not to drink too much mass produced crap.

Women Blond/Brunette/Red Head/or All?
    i love the allure of redheads, always seem to date brunettes and just sleep with blondes

Breast man or A$$ man?
    breasts, lovely breasts

Gnomes or Elves?
    im gonna go with eleves cause the stupid travel gnome is being a jerk about giving my refund for a cancelled flight

Right or Left?
    left cause being right all the time can be boring and no one likes being wrong

Best advise for a beginner guitarist?
    play play play. i used to sit in my room for hours as a teenager and just play the guitar, why sleep when you can play. i didnt start till i was 14 and by the time i was 16 i was one of the best in school

Xbox 360 or PS3?
    uhhh, i dont play video games much so couldnt tell ya.

Assuming all your loved ones are able to get out safely, what's the one thing you would save in case of a fire?
    my '62 hofner dreadnaught. it was my dads guitar and the first one that i ever played. it feels like home when ever i pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_bees View Post
    Where and when was your greatest on stage moment?
    this changes everytime i get asked but im gonna say early 2005 in st lewis and got to play with bo diddley and (more importantly) johnnie johnson. watching him play the piano was fantatic. the economy of motion of those weathered fingers over the keys was mesmerizing and during one of my solos i quoted the solo he had just taken and watching him look over and crack a big smile was a great moment. he was a pioneer of rock and roll and died a month or two later.