Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

Default Re: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

Quote Originally Posted by Curly View Post
    Hey Jeremy!

It was great meeting you at User Group Day, and I still regret not getting up and jamming with you. I think that whole experience got me playing teles more, and I think it's made me a better player..
    i enjoyed hanging out with you too curly, glad we got to have lunch before i left.

a while back you said you were going to be working on some custom guitars with a friend. Are you doing that? are you working full time building, repairing guitars?
    i worked full time at building and repairing guitars for about nine months. it was great but as much as i love the guy i was working with he can be extremely frustrating. i dont really care if i have to hear the same stories again and again but he couldnt work and talk at the same time so what should have taken a few hours took a day or more. i was in a motorcycle accident and even though i didnt really get hurt (other than a nagging wrist injury) it impressed upon me that i need health insurance which would have been prohibitivly expensive to get on my own. now i have a day job as an IT guy in an office. i still build and repair guitars, wind pups, and tweek amps when i have the time and i enjoy it much more that way.

I'm also curious about what you listen to.
    lots of good stuff. not much modern music, dont like rap, dont like the crappy danceable crap that seems to proliferate the radio and top 40 charts, dont like whiney emo or much modern rock dont really like poppy country crap either. i like classical music, blues, jazz, rock and roll, outlaw country is ok. if it has good guitar i probably like it

you've said you play by feel. I'd like to know if besides just playing a lot at one point, if you ever tried to go through any method books, like the Mickey Baker jazz books.
    i keep thinking im going to change my ways and really learn how to play but i end up buying the books an never opening them. i have a berkley book, a few jazz type books, a great looking book on bass but i really dont do much but flip thru the pages and put it up on the shelf with the others. i pretty much play everything by ear. all the theory i learned was from when i played piano and trumpet and i never really learned scales on those either.

Default Re: X is the number of the well, hell and fire was spawned to be released

Quote Originally Posted by Wattage View Post
    So when the seizure ended were you in the right key?
    probably

funny you should mention seizures. i was on stage at the bayou cafe playing. i was using my celtic aislinn 6L6 but i had the back cover off cause running it in cathode bias mode, it was running really really hot. for some reason between songs i flipped the amp on standby to do something. the band started the next song and as i went to flip the amp on i put my finger across the two terminals on the switch so when i flipped it i got 450v shot thru my hand which caused my arm to flail around uncontrolably and i threw my pick at at the drummer. im still on stage and the song has started so i start playing wondering if im having a heart attack and if im going to die. everything was numb and slow and nothing felt right. i survied obviously but when i got done my friends that were there asked what the hell happened, it looked like i had a seizure up there for a sec.

Quote Originally Posted by J Moose View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, I can feel that pain!

You ever catch (or even know) the band Super 400 that bangs around 'yer neck of the planet? They're pretty far from sucking...

Beer ~ You dig the Magic Hat?

Nice playin' face btw!
    super 400 are a cool band. lori the bass player is awesome, the rest of the band is good but her energy is contageous and really makes the show for me. ive hung out with them a couple times and they are cool people. i used to see lori at guitarget when i worked there, love those grooves she lays down

i do like the magic hat. #9 is ok, the hiPA is nice, i was on a roxy rolls kick for a while, and the single chair is a good pale ale.

Quote Originally Posted by theodie View Post
    It probably wasn't a seizure. Jeremy, were you making "chowder" in that picture?
    if the pic was taken two seconds later you'd know

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    whats the best single malt you have ever tried?

have you ever had lagavullan, talisker, or laphroaig 15? If yes, what did you think, and if not, then why the hell not?

personally, the best i ever had was a 1973 maccallan. blew my friggin mind
    the best single malt i can remember having was a cadenhead chairmans stock. really nice stuff, smokey and peppary, smooth attack but a long and varied finish that has different flavors popping as time passes. i bought a bottle cause it was so good and the bottle i bought was not where near as good so it seems like ill be chasing a unicorn

ive only had the 21 year lagavulin and it was wonderful, very peaty which isnt usually my favorite but i really enjoyed the flavor of this one. talisker is nice as well, one of my go to bottles if i cant decide what i want. never tried the laphroaig 15 that i can recall. i have had the cask strength and while not my favorite it was very flavorful with a very strong attack

Quote Originally Posted by scottish View Post
    you know, the more pics i see of you, the more i think ive seen you before. whats the name of the bands you play live with?
    slow happy boys, big hungry and the pop tarts, tas cru/conrad story band, murali coryell, what is hip, sizemore brothers, third knuckle, pipe kings those are the recent ones that i can recall. since i do fill in work lots of times im only dealing with a manager or handler or some guy in the band more likely. you live in jersey? i dont think ive played down there for atleast a few years and i dont really keep track of who/when/where i played

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith63 View Post
    what made you originally want to play guitar?
    my dad played and im sure that had something to do with it. sometime around 1990 or so i saw the video of once bitten twice shy and the guitar player had a cherry es335, right before he hit the solo he flipped the pup selector. i had no idea what it was but i knew that i wanted to do it.

Jesus spoke to me last night,

He is pissed and what's His beard back!
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

I officially now know more about jeremy after reading this thread for 7 minutes then I had learned in the previous 7 years of hanging out on these boards. Considering how easily he can be swayed into leaving gin soaked steamers unattended at the local shopping mall I am glad that he is in New York and that I am not.

Rock on Bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratman View Post
    Jesus spoke to me last night,

He is pissed and what's His beard back!
    he can have it. closing your beard in the car door sucks, so does burning it with a soldering iron

theodie

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    he can have it. closing your beard in the car door sucks, so does burning it with a soldering iron
    LOL!!!!.......I take it you have done both then???

Please tell us the stories.

Zuhahahaologist daemon barbeque's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    It's like my bestfriends hair..He sait they where allways "on his way" in the toilet zuahuahuahuhauhauhauha....

I'll choose my two standard questions..

Can you name one single band or artist that you think should be obligatory listening for us kids?

Can you elaborate on a single event in your life, that you feel others can learn from as well?

Cat In The Hatministrator stevie_bees's Avatar

What is your favourite note on the guitar, and in what position?

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Luckybastidologist bungalowbill's Avatar

Jeremy...I want to first thank you for all the good advice you have given...you are always a great help to me.

You are on your way to a gig....you pull into a quick shop to take a leak and someone steals your gear out of your ride....You have a credit card with a limit of $1000.00 and you have to go to GC to get gear to play the gig.....What would you buy to cover your gig that night?
    Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    we're not musicians, we're beer salesmen

Quote Originally Posted by theodie View Post
    LOL!!!!.......I take it you have done both then???

Please tell us the stories.
    i closed the beard in the car door more times that id like to mention, ya drop yer butt in the seat and close the door in one fluid motion but the beard didnt move fast enough sometimes. if it was only one or two whiskers then they got yanked out. OUCH!! if it was more than it jerked my head which wasnt much fun either.

i only burned it with a soldering iron once. i was wiring up something and for whatever reason i put the soldering iron in my mouth, like pirates did with their knifes when climbing ropes. everything was fine till my gf hollered something at me and i turned to see what she was carring on about. sizzle sizzle. smelled like hell for about an hour and since it was attached to my face its kinda hard to get away from the smell. even after i shampoo'd the thing id still get a whiff once in a while for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_bees View Post
    What is your favourite note on the guitar, and in what position?
    im gonna go with the low G on the low E string bent up to A or the C on the A string bent up to the D, lots of personality and power low on the neck

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    I'll choose my two standard questions..

Can you name one single band or artist that you think should be obligatory listening for us kids?

Can you elaborate on a single event in your life, that you feel others can learn from as well?
    im gonna say the funk brothers. kinda cheating cause they played with soo many people but there is lots to learn from it. james jamersons amazing bass playing, the groove is so deep you can swim in it and the groove is king. if you aint got it, i dont want it. there is lots of players all playing at the same time but the sparse nature of the parts means you can hear each one, laying back and playing great rhythm is a lost art for lots of folks, young and old. understanding how much more powerful parts can be if there is dynamic flow, the quiet parts make the loud parts much more potent. if you studied that band for a year you would still learn new stuff every day

when i was going to school to be an engineer in hartford, ct i left and transfered schools to be closer to my gf at the time. who i loved dearly and probably would have married. i did two dumb things that you shouldnt do.

1- if you are on the right course, dont change it for anyone
    2- if you find a person special enough to marry, dont cheat on them

^ Awesome post all around.

What do you get jealous over?

What do you do with your free time?

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowbill View Post
    Jeremy...I want to first thank you for all the good advice you have given...you are always a great help to me.?
    thanks bill, im glad i can help

Quote Originally Posted by bungalowbill View Post
    You are on your way to a gig....you pull into a quick shop to take a leak and someone steals your gear out of your ride....You have a credit card with a limit of $1000.00 and you have to go to GC to get gear to play the gig.....What would you buy to cover your gig that night?
    i usually dont stop to piss, ill fill a bottle and toss it out the window before ill pull over

assuming that i cant track down the guy and whoop his ass...

a 20' cable, glass bottle slide, set of dr pure blues 11's

id look for a used blues jr or other small tube amp with a decent speaker, something that sounds good when cranked up and that cleans up when you roll back the volume control.

for a guitar id look for a strat or tele with a chunky neck that sounds good into the amp. mexi or squier or off brand, whatever. doesnt matter as long as it sounds ok. if i cant find one of them then i grab the epiphone sg that has the best neck position tone into that amp. i have the guitarget sales monkey restring the guitar and while he is distracted i find and swap the best tubes i can from whatever they have in the store. after im done with the illicit tube swap, i go finish restringing the guitar (cause im sure the monkey will be slow) and give it a quick setup. actions gotta be high enough that i can play slide and the crappy fretwork doesnt cause any notes to die prematurely and the low notes cant be farty thru the amp. i ask the monkey about his hours tomorrow, give him $20 and walk out with my new gear, knowing full well that i will be back tomorrow to return all this crap preferably when my sales monkey isnt there