Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: This amp too good to be true?

Default Re: This amp too good to be true?

wow....rivera....reading through these posts....you're ridiculous

this thread is ridiculous. i would post some form of arguement. why waist my time? you're gonna come back with some "brewtal" arguement point.

review what you own. not what you have tried out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilphody View Post
    There is no such thing as useless knowledge.

Godfather of Unholy Metal Distortion Luís's Avatar
    I'm at you forum, un-tarding your system!

At times I find myself thinking: Should I post? Will I make a fool of myself by saying something that is untrue?

Than I realise something... I've never represented myself as anything other than an absolute noob and I find confidence to post a question or a thought.

I say all this because you just assured me for the rest of my days here I'll never make a spectacle of myself as you have. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by threechordcharlie and ratherdashing
    TCC:What happened to LSP?
    RD:A question friends and school guidance counselors have been asking for years.

Quote Originally Posted by cream123 View Post
    wow....rivera....reading through these posts....you're ridiculous

this thread is ridiculous. i would post some form of arguement. why waist my time? you're gonna come back with some "brewtal" arguement point.

review what you own. not what you have tried out.
    Opinions are rediculous? Ok then.

I didn't spell it "brewtal" since i don't drink and am not Zakk Wylde (thank god), but "brutal" is a descriptive word of some of the music i listen to, much like alot of 20th century classical music has been described as "violent".

As for reviewing what i own instead of played, what a dumbass comment.

You expect me to buy a Single recto head (having played it sufficiently in a shop on different ocassions and found it to be not for me), take it home & play it for a sufficient period of time only to find out what i already knew previously then have to take it back to the shop for a refund?

Are you serious?

There are many reviews on any forum of guitars, amps etc that the person doesn't own but have played a long enough time to have a definate opinion (Which is the key here).

The Roadster i've played long enough to know it's a very versatile amp. I played it with a Fender USA strat, put in my "SRV wannabe" eq settings & it sounded very good. Not as good as some of the Marshall's i've played, but decent enough.

I'm not in my mid-30's so i haven't owned alot of gear but i've played alot of gear. I agree 30 minutes to an hour on 1 ocassion with an amp isn't enough to form a valid and credible opinion, but if you've played it sufficiently then your opinion is valid.

My point was that the Uberschall & solo Recto heads weren't tight enough for any type of death metal or prog metal (regardless if Petrucci has used them, since his early tone KILLS anything recent although i havent heard "Systematic Chaos" or any live clips from that tour) or has the note definition required to play in those genres.

Metal is just 1 part of my musical taste and i answered in this thread accroding to the type of metal i like (thrash, brutal death, tech death, prog).

Quote Originally Posted by LSP View Post

At times I find myself thinking: Should I post? Will I make a fool of myself by saying something that is untrue?

Than I realise something... I've never represented myself as anything other than an absolute noob and I find confidence to post a question or a thought.

I say all this because you just assured me for the rest of my days here I'll never make a spectacle of myself as you have. Thank you.
    I haven't made a fool of myself giving an opinion which many actually agree with (tightness/sagginess of a recto or uberschall).

Just cos those disagree, it doesn't mean the opinion isn't valid. If you wanna buy a Solo Recto or Uberschall then try it for yourself, don't listen to ANY reviews when it comes down to parting with cash. I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
    "The MG30 is great cos i own it and you guys don't

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Unseen

Arrrrr
    Last edited by Vasshu the humanoid typhoon; 01-16-2009 at 05:18 PM.

@ gearjoneser- Again, you haven't quoted me in context or directly so that shows you really have a weak argument. And again you're taking the piss out of someone which shows your distinct lack of class. I wouldn't exactly act so superior when your aesthetics are hardly pleasing to the eye. Throwing stones in glasshouses etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@ rid- that's a BLACK metal band, not a death metal band. If you're gonna take the piss at least get the right type of band.

The only half-black metal band i listen to are Behemoth who's early albums i don't dig & are more death metal nowadays. They still have the black metal get up but that will hopefully go away for their next album.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    Y'know..I cannot say I've enjoyed many, if any, of R213's comments around here lately.

But this gigantic dogpile on him is even more pathetic...ALL of you are acting like little freakin' kids. Jonesy called him out, and R213 prolly deserved it, but the rest of you came out of the woodwork like rats.

And I'm actually surprised this has made it through the mods...seems to go against several forum rules.
    Thanks for sticking up for me Jeff, but it's only because of anonymity that anyone is getting mouthy to me in this thread. Espescially GearJoneser who i know would be nice as pie in real life.

But i expect that on forums, i've never been talked to in real life in my 23
    years of living than i have on 3 years on forum & the reason is anonymity.

The only people who would argue ther point in real life in this thread are those who haven't taken the piss out of me or got mouthy which is about 3 people other than myself.

You also notice how GearJoneser didn't provide 1 waterprrof post which not only wasn't an opinion but was 100% wrong (since opinions CAN'T be 100% wrong by definition).

But thanks anyway.

MrHeavyMetal

Have a tissue dude.

You're another one who wouldn't say **** to anyone in real life. Anonymity is great isn't it? You can get as mouthy as you want without facing any consequences.

Gotta love forums.

Will someone please take the 'Kick Me' sign off toughguy's back?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Bill View Post
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Godfather of Unholy Metal Distortion Luís's Avatar
    I'm at you forum, un-tarding your system!

From someone who posts where he lives, where he works, what his name is, posts his own pictures, etc...

Wanna talk asterisks to me? In real life? While I think Asimov got it right in the Foundation series I don't have a problem with speaking my mind. You know why? Cause I talk a lot more in real life than I do here. You got a problem with that? Either you have something in your head or in your nutsack, cause you're going to solve it with me.

Jeff B isn't sticking up for you. We have rules, some of them in essence tell us that we shouldn't feed trolls even if they aren't written.

You are a troll, you passed under my radar, but you are. Honestly, I bet Gearjoneser could (and probably has) find a large number of waterprrof (the term, not the mistake is being underlined here) posts where you show how wrong you are. The fact you are on the defense (even if by being agressive) shows your true colours.

I already gave the mods a report on you, I'm sure several others have as well. You have two options right now. Settle down, humble up, ask forgiveness or you might as well leave cause with that attitude... I doubt you'll be here for long... not that you'd like, since no one likes your kind of music, gear, and we are all wusses.

I'm out of this thread. After 170 plus posts where you are the main topic you should too.
    Quote Originally Posted by threechordcharlie and ratherdashing
    TCC:What happened to LSP?
    RD:A question friends and school guidance counselors have been asking for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Will someone please take the 'Kick Me' sign off toughguy's back?
    You're funny..............................

Quote Originally Posted by LSP View Post
    From someone who posts where he lives, where he works, what his name is, posts his own pictures, etc...

Wanna talk asterisks to me? In real life? While I think Asimov got it right in the Foundation series I don't have a problem with speaking my mind. You know why? Cause I talk a lot more in real life than I do here. You got a problem with that? Either you have something in your head or in your nutsack, cause you're going to solve it with me.

Jeff B isn't sticking up for you. We have rules, some of them in essence tell us that we shouldn't feed trolls even if they aren't written.

You are a troll, you passed under my radar, but you are. Honestly, I bet Gearjoneser could (and probably has) find a large number of waterprrof (the term, not the mistake is being underlined here) posts where you show how wrong you are. The fact you are on the defense (even if by being agressive) shows your true colours.

I already gave the mods a report on you, I'm sure several others have as well. You have two options right now. Settle down, humble up, ask forgiveness or you might as well leave cause with that attitude... I doubt you'll be here for long... not that you'd like, since no one likes your kind of music, gear, and we are all wusses.

I'm out of this thread. After 170 plus posts where you are the main topic you should too.
    No, you wouldn't say jack **** in real life. That's pretty obvious and neither would GearJoneser face to face with someone. Since he's in america & i'm in England our paths wont naturally cross whereas if i lived in the same town as him i bet it'd be alot different.

Also, i'm not a "thug", just in my area we don't talk **** to someone without expecting a consequenc. Obviously it's different where GearJoneser lives but i never saw so much ****-talking til i signed up on forums (and yes this was BEFORE i joined up).

GearJoneser DOESN'T have waterprrof posts. He already tried, none of those which he views as 100% wrong are non-opinion based.

The reason i'm "on the defense" is because i've got 10 or so ******s who get mouthy on a forum but not in real life saying that because i hate an amp & they like it- i'm wrong. Sorry but opinions by definition can't be wrong.

I'm not gonna settle down or humble up since the reason i'm boilig is due to the idiot 30-somethings in this thread taking the piss when they know far well there'll be no repurcussions.

I didn't say people have to like my music or my gear choices but i'd like people to speak to me on a forum how they would do in real life. I tried to be civil with "Mephis" about his false signature but he got mouthy.

It's rediculous, i don't like 2-face pricks which most in this thread are. If any of them/yu come to London then by all means PM me & we'll meet up. I'll no doubt see a distinct change in tone & an added respect then which is what i would give in return (and have done on this board until provoked or attempted to be shown).

Anyways, i'm on here because it's the "Seymour Duncan User Group Forum" and i am indeed a Seymour Duncan user. There are some great people here so i'm gonna stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by rivera213 View Post
    No, you wouldn't say jack **** in real life. That's pretty obvious and neither would GearJoneser face to face with someone. Since he's in america & i'm in England our paths wont naturally cross whereas if i lived in the same town as him i bet it'd be alot different.

Also, i'm not a "thug", just in my area we don't talk **** to someone without expecting a consequenc. Obviously it's different where GearJoneser lives but i never saw so much ****-talking til i signed up on forums (and yes this was BEFORE i joined up).

GearJoneser DOESN'T have waterprrof posts. He already tried, none of those which he views as 100% wrong are non-opinion based.

The reason i'm "on the defense" is because i've got 10 or so ******s who get mouthy on a forum but not in real life saying that because i hate an amp & they like it- i'm wrong. Sorry but opinions by definition can't be wrong.

I'm not gonna settle down or humble up since the reason i'm boilig is due to the idiot 30-somethings in this thread taking the piss when they know far well there'll be no repurcussions.

I didn't say people have to like my music or my gear choices but i'd like people to speak to me on a forum how they would do in real life. I tried to be civil with "Mephis" about his false signature but he got mouthy.

It's rediculous, i don't like 2-face pricks which most in this thread are. If any of them/yu come to London then by all means PM me & we'll meet up. I'll no doubt see a distinct change in tone & an added respect then which is what i would give in return (and have done on this board until provoked or attempted to be shown).

Anyways, i'm on here because it's the "Seymour Duncan User Group Forum" and i am indeed a Seymour Duncan user. There are some great people here so i'm gonna stick around.
    Yes, we understand your opinion Rivera, but this is an ONLINE FORUM. You can type all of this "you wouldn't say that to my face (*$)*)(#&)&)@#(_@(_" you want to... but you're not coming off as any more of a 'man' than anybody else here. That's where the "E-Thug" joke is coming in. Type what you will, it doesn't give you any more credibility than the next guy.

You have different tastes than a lot of the members on this board, that's cool - I do too. What I look for in "tone" is completely different than probably most folks as well. You'll learn in time that the fun of music is just how diverse everything really is, from tone to style and that's the beautiful thing about it all. Life would be boring if everybody liked the same things and played the same stuff. Nothing is "better" than the next, it's "different".
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlar3000 View Post
    I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerberus View Post
    Better is often the enemy of good
    Quote Originally Posted by ginormous View Post
    Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Point taken Chris, but i'm not saying "you wouldn't say this to someone inr eal life" to sound like a hard-nut, it's just where i'm from you don't get spoken to like this. I couldn't see any of the piss-takers saying boo to a goose in real life & they take advantage to the anonymity.

Of course we all have different tastes & i don't expect anyone to have the same tastes in music or tone as myself, but the main argument was a non-opinion based thing (tightness of an amp). I like different opinions and wouldn't say to anyone to not make their's public.