Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Well XVII:Cooter McClarky goin' buck wild"

Default Re: The Well XVII:Cooter McClarky goin' buck wild"

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Keith Moon or Keith Richards?
    Keith Richards. Anyone who has defied death that well must be doing something right.

Mick Jagger or Mick Mars?
    Mick Mars. One word: Livewire

Tommy Lee or Tommy Lee Jones?
    Tommy Lee. Uber ****** but legendary status. Also, I've said it once and I'll say it again: Livewire

Davey Jones or Blackbeard?
    Blackbeard. I don't know why, but anyone who has 'beard' as a part of their nickname sounds tough as hell.

Crawfish or crayfish?
    Crawfish. Sounds more white trash. Though ultimately I prefer the German translation of Flusskreb.

Robert Cray or Robert Johnson?
    Robert Johnson. That dude was old school.

Dirk Diggler or Derek Zoolander?
    Zoolander. Magnum blew my mind.

Derek Smalls or Derek Trucks?
    Derek Smalls. I mean, come on. He turns it up to 11!

Twisted Brown Trucker or Marshall Tucker?
    Marshall Tucker. The Jethro Tull of southern rock.

Vox or Orange?
    Orange. Never heard a Vox do the nitty gritty like an Orange.

Apples or Starfruit?
    Well, given that I've got no starfruit in my fridge and I've got two nice gala apples waiting for me, gonna have to go apples.

Billie Holiday or Billy Joel?
    Billy Joel. I'm a sucker for the song 'Uptown Girl'. Especially when covered by Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
    DayGlo

Quote Originally Posted by 3'scompany View Post
    Got any song recommendations to get me started?
    Check out The Essential John McLaughlin, John Coltrane's A Love Supreme, and Miles Davis's B1tches Brew and Jack Johnson.

If you had a choice between somebody poking toothpicks under your fingernails and having one of your nostrils glued shut, which would you pick?

guest1234

Once you answer JB's question, can I glue one of your nostrils shut?

Favorite books?

Favorite movies?

If you had one super power, what would it be?

Assuming your favorite character is your avatar dude/dudette(?), what's your second favorite character?

You have posted some amazing youtube vids in the past, and appeared to do so effortlessly, which leads me to believe you have other hidden gems you have not unveiled yet. Care to share another?

You said you were going into law hoping to deal in entertainment cases. What kind of ideal cases would you have? Is the idea to help a band go after a band manager that 'would never leave them stranded' and didn't live up to his word?

So as expected, Walters continues to come up with some obscure posts, only this time with frequent links to a genetic engineering forum, raving about how this forum gave him the idea to 'cascade d.n.a.' to increase human life expectancy by 75%, end all diseases, bones as strong as steel, etc. . Needless to say, a few days after his posts, there is widespread zombie infestation all over the country...

Where do you post up?

What's your weapon of choice?

I have family down south, and the roads will most likely be impassable (80 is always bad in your neck of the woods anyways) so I will most likely need to make the trek on foot, obviously making frequent stops. How will I know how to find you when I get to the Berkley area?

Quote Originally Posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
    Check out The Essential John McLaughlin, John Coltrane's A Love Supreme, and Miles Davis's B1tches Brew and Jack Johnson.
    Thanks duder!

If you had a choice between somebody poking toothpicks under your fingernails and having one of your nostrils glued shut, which would you pick?
    I'm pretty sure I'd take the nostril glued shut. After I broke my nose it has pretty much felt like that is the case anyways. At any given moment either my right or left nostril is usually clogged - as for which nostril, it just depends on the weather I guess.

[QUOTE=chopstherocker;1695236]Once you answer JB's question, can I glue one of your nostrils shut?[QUOTE]

Only if you're gentle... I'm a delicate flower.

Favorite books?
    I honestly don't read much for pleasure as I'm constantly reading for my academics. But books I've read for my schooling that I've really enjoyed have been 'Tuesday's with Morrie' which the ending was so sad that I actually almost shed a tear while reading it in my junior college's library () and 'Scepticism Inc.'. I highly recommend that one. Especially if you like philosophy at all. It is a hilarious novel.

The last book I read for pleasure that wasn't for school was last summer. I read Carl Hiaasen's 'Double Whammy'. I liked that book a lot too. Very funny.

I also read 'Hot Zone' and 'Jurassic Park' in grade school and thought those were good. Not sure what a 11-12 year old was doing reading those books though. They're pretty graphic.

Favorite movies?
    Oh man, this is tough. Here are some:

Wet Hot American Summer

Sidekicks (used to love that movie as a kid)

Thrashin'

Wedding Crashers

Grandma's Boy

Sin City

Those are the ones that really stick out in my mind. I mean, there are plenty of movies I love, but I'm not one to watch a movie over and over again because it is my favorite. But then again, I'll watch pretty much any movie that is on TV if I have the time and it is at least mildly entertaining in at least some aspect.
    DayGlo

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred_Spirits View Post
    Do you like me?

A) Yes
    B) No
    C) Maybe?
    Yes. You've never wronged me that I know of. And you have a guitar that had 'Bacon Fat' scribed on it. That is a plus in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendell View Post
    If you had one super power, what would it be?
    To read people's minds at will. I could have a lot of fun with that.

Or, and this may be too much, but to be all knowing. So that anytime I wanted to know anything I'd just think about it and the answer would instantly come to me. Though that would probably drive me insane as I'd undoubtably end up knowing things I wouldn't want to know. So I guess I'd just stick with mind reading.

Assuming your favorite character is your avatar dude/dudette(?), what's your second favorite character?
    I'm guessing you mean fictional character? If so, probably Stewie Griffin from 'Family Guy'

You have posted some amazing youtube vids in the past, and appeared to do so effortlessly, which leads me to believe you have other hidden gems you have not unveiled yet. Care to share another?
    Hahaha. I've actually only posted on vid so it leads me to believe that you might be mistaking me for someone else, but if not, thank you very much for the kind words. It is very flattering. I actually don't have any other vids of me playing. I'm in the process of writing a set for my new future band (if it ever materializes) and I'll definitely post clips of that once/if it gets going. But that'll be a while.

You said you were going into law hoping to deal in entertainment cases. What kind of ideal cases would you have? Is the idea to help a band go after a band manager that 'would never leave them stranded' and didn't live up to his word?
    Pretty much. I guess I'm pretty transparent in that aspect. I'd ideally be representing bands. Drafting up their contracts, looking over their contracts so they don't get screwed, litigating on their behalf when necessary. A lot of business based law and that kind of stuff, on behalf of artists.

So as expected, Walters continues to come up with some obscure posts, only this time with frequent links to a genetic engineering forum, raving about how this forum gave him the idea to 'cascade d.n.a.' to increase human life expectancy by 75%, end all diseases, bones as strong as steel, etc. . Needless to say, a few days after his posts, there is widespread zombie infestation all over the country...

Where do you post up?
    Oh God, this is a sadistic dream of mine come true. I've got a desire to whoop some zombie ass and as such, I'd probably post up in the streets slaying some zombies. It'd be a sick dream come true. It would be sad that people turned into zombies, but I'd rip through those zombies with a fervor unrivaled by any mortal man.

What's your weapon of choice?
    Well, my first makeshift weapon would be an extra metal curtain rod I have lying around and a half of a wooden broom handle (used in the tract of my sliding glass door to lock it) with my largest kitchen knife duct taped to the end of it. I'd have to call my brother, as he shares my desire to slay some zombies, to bring the arms. I'd have him bring up my 20 ga Remington 1100, this awesome 3/4 sized marlin .22 (weak caliber but all it takes is a head shot for a zombie to go down and I'm a marksman with this gun) and, assuming this infestation doesn't happen for another 5 weeks, a Sig P226 9mm that I plan on buying on my birthday. I might also steal a baseball bat or some dead frat dude's hazing paddle too. Oh, and I'd definitely need to find a machete.

I have family down south, and the roads will most likely be impassable (80 is always bad in your neck of the woods anyways) so I will most likely need to make the trek on foot, obviously making frequent stops. How will I know how to find you when I get to the Berkley area?
    You'll know how to find me as I'll probably be the only person that isn't zombie-ified running through the streets slaying the undead as the hippies would have all been bitten while protesting for zombie rights and the rest of the people here don't agree with guns and thus would be too afraid to fight off zombies. I'd be the one slaying with a grin on my face. I'd also probably be wearing a pink bandanna as a head band and a grave digger muscle shirt just to make the sight that much more majestic. You'd be more than welcome to hang with me and my crew if you're down to slay as strength in numbers is always good and we'd likely have more guns than we could shoot at one time.

By the way, the zombie question ruled.
    Last edited by 3'scompany; 02-20-2008 at 12:43 AM.
    DayGlo

Hahaha. I've actually only posted on vid so it leads me to believe that you might be mistaking me for someone else, but if not, thank you very much for the kind words. It is very flattering. I actually don't have any other vids of me playing. I'm in the process of writing a set for my new future band (if it ever materializes) and I'll definitely post clips of that once/if it gets going. But that'll be a while.
    While I remember a clip you did for that a7x contest(your tone/playing was quite fitting for that song), I was referring more towards your nonsensical youtube discoveries like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbsUs...page=1&t=t&f=b

...as far as the zombie thing goes, I remembered a post you had a while back that showed great interest in that, to the point of having a detailed strategy. Your well gave me the perfect opportunity to get the details.....great answers by the way. The hippies would definitely all be eaten for not using weapons, fighting for zombie rights, and trying to convert the zombies to be vegetarians.

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendell View Post
    While I remember a clip you did for that a7x contest(your tone/playing was quite fitting for that song), I was referring more towards your nonsensical youtube discoveries like this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbsUs...page=1&t=t&f=b
    Hahaha. I'm a doof.

Well, as far as sweet youtube videos go that are not my playing ( I'm an idiot) here are some of my favorites:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ONmhQJy1ViA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ll8Qm8yDj-8

http://youtube.com/watch?v=723DLs87FrQ

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KF0cOjJ_OLQ&feature=related (don't know why, but this one just cracks me up)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7tRWRSfcDuQ

Those are just some that come to mind.

...as far as the zombie thing goes, I remembered a post you had a while back that showed great interest in that, to the point of having a detailed strategy. Your well gave me the perfect opportunity to get the details.....great answers by the way. The hippies would definitely all be eaten for not using weapons, fighting for zombie rights, and trying to convert the zombies to be vegetarians.
    Good thing you remembered that. When the apocalypse comes you'll know where to head. And as for the hippies' fate, well, I'm just calling it like I see it.
    DayGlo

Quote Originally Posted by 3'scompany View Post
    Thank you guys so much for coming out. Uhhh, I'm drunk. Here we go...

(Bonus points for anyone who gets that reference)
    Patton Oswalt, lovely comedian who makes my emphysema flair wildly out of control.

(Black Angus & The Last President ftw)

Zuhahahaologist daemon barbeque's Avatar

Did you miss your "old" playing sometimes ,when you listen to your older stuff?...Do you have the feeling ,that you "evolve" in many ways but sometimes lose some of the qualities you had in the past?

Seymour Duncan Customer Support sosomething's Avatar

I'm gonna make love to you.

How do you want it?
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

...and can I film it?
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Sanford View Post
    Patton Oswalt, lovely comedian who makes my emphysema flair wildly out of control.

(Black Angus & The Last President ftw)

Hahaha. Kudos.

I want a failure pile in a sadness bowl.

AMERICA!! Eatin' my lunch from a single bowl!

I love his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by daemon barbeque View Post
    Did you miss your "old" playing sometimes ,when you listen to your older stuff?...Do you have the feeling ,that you "evolve" in many ways but sometimes lose some of the qualities you had in the past?
    I don't miss the style of music I used to play but I do miss the "good old days" where I was able to practice everyday and playing shows all the time. I guess my creativity has lowered a little bit as far as songwriting goes, but I think that is largely a product of me just being so busy with school and not being able to play and experiment all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by sosomething View Post
    I'm gonna make love to you.

How do you want it?
    Oh jeez. I thought you'd never ask.

Hot, rough and naz-dee. Preferably in a kiddie pool full of nacho cheese and with a sherpa there to guide us to the top of Mt. Pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_T View Post
    ...and can I film it?
    Only if the entire thing is shot in a soft focus (for sensuality's sake) and you have a film set built of a foggy swamp (where the water will be replaced by nacho cheese) with the sherpa now being replaced by the skunk ape.

For those not in the know, skunk ape = http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skunk_Ape
    DayGlo

Seymour Duncan Customer Support sosomething's Avatar

Wow, that took a left turn.

Nice.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Quote Originally Posted by sosomething View Post
    Wow, that took a left turn.

Nice.
    Hey, what some may consider a "left turn", I consider the "right" turn... if yuh know what I'm a sayin'.
    DayGlo

Post up one youtube vid that you think captures the spirit of hair rock.

Have the hipster girls near you started with the enormous 80s glasses yet?

Have you ever had any problems with underwear malfunction?

Are there any bands you dig that aren't widely known and would like to share?

What would you do in the event of 80s-style global thermonuclear war? -give answers based on four days warning and 30 minutes warning.

What would you prefer to perform onstage in: a squid on your head or a particularly ripe pair of female hippie underpants strapped across your nose?

Give any tips for small time touring acts. What would you do to prevent events similar to your last tour repeating? How important are socks to you on tour?

If you had to dance-off against David Lee Roth, Bill Cosby and the Solid Gold Dancers to save the lives of your loved ones, which singer, actor and dance troupe would you pick for your team?
    Last edited by Hot _Grits; 02-20-2008 at 01:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Quote Originally Posted by Hot _Grits View Post
    Post up one youtube vid that you think captures the spirit of hair rock.
    You know you really want to lay it down...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6rqA55ynPoU

And why did bass players lose the sensual groovy movements that they possessed in the 80's? Just look at that vid and any of Kip Winger's moves and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Have the hipster girls near you started with the enormous 80s glasses yet?
    Oh have they ever.

Have you ever had any problems with underwear malfunction?
    Not that I can remember. Though I was once invited into a hot tub with some friends and didn't have my bathing suit (it was kinda spur of the moment) so I had to borrow one. Being that there were no dudes there, I was given a bikini bottom. No worries, I thought. Hell, I've worn a speedo plenty of times. Even in public a time or two. So I slipped on the bathing suit bottom but ladies bikini bottoms aren't really designed to contain the dong and balls. Hilarity ensued.

Are there any bands you dig that aren't widely known and would like to share?
    Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

Strung Out

He is Legend (though they weren't to0 great the last time I saw them live)

Undeclinable

Bullets and Octane are pretty good
    Last edited by 3'scompany; 02-20-2008 at 06:49 PM. Reason: grammar
    DayGlo

Quote Originally Posted by Hot _Grits View Post
    What would you do in the event of 80s-style global thermonuclear war? -give answers based on four days warning and 30 minutes warning.
    Four days warning: Search out Patrick Swayze as he lived 'Red Dawn' and thus must have some sage advice. I'd then go to the grocery store and buy canned goods and then to a outdoors/sporting goods store to buy ammo, flares, and flint and steel, a machete and some other odds and ends. I'd then call up my ex and try to reconcile things with her and to get her to leave school and fly out here to be with me. Then I'd probably infiltrate the air force base near my parents house to find a bunker to hide out in. I'd hide out in the bunker for a while and then emerge ready to do battle against the radio active throngs.

30 minutes notice: Probably bust out the beer bong. Chug some cocktails with it. Wheel my half stack on to my balcony and just rock out for the next 20 min. Really, living in the bay area, you can't get anywhere in 30 min. I'd rather pass buzzed and rocking out than sitting in my car in traffic.

What would you prefer to perform onstage in: a squid on your head or a particularly ripe pair of female hippie underpants strapped across your nose?
    Well, I would imagine that the smell from both would probably be pretty similar, though with the squid you wouldn't have to inhale patchouli fumes as well. I think there would be more comedic value in wearing the squid and in that scenario I could at least hope that the majority of stink fumes would rise, not be trapped by my nostrils.

Give any tips for small time touring acts. What would you do to prevent events similar to your last tour repeating? How important are socks to you on tour?
    Tips: be very involved. Don't just leave it up to your manager or other band mates. Look over everything and if it looks bad or weird, call people on it and don't go. Also make sure you expect the worst to happen (within reason), and then balance that if the worst case scenarios do arise (such as low pay, canceled shows, etc) is it still worth it and will you still be able to make it home. Money on the road is one of the most stressful things ever. I don't recommend going out unless you have the money already to fund the tour. Counting on making enough at shows is all too risky. Also, be vary careful about your scheduling of shows. One or two all-night drives are ok, but when you're constantly lacking sleep from driving so much to make it to the next gig, it starts to take a toll on you really quickly. And don't be so quick to go out and conquer the world. If no one knows who you are, a full U.S. tour, though you can arrange it, is a complete waste as no one is going to come out and see you. Unless you can get on with a national act, stay regional first (i.e. just west coast) and network that way. Then slowly branch out further.

If I were to do it again, I would honestly just stick to Ca, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, Arizona and possibly Utah gigs. While seeing the whole U.S. is cool, it is a money trap unless you've got good guarantees. I'd honestly just do that for a while and then pool enough money between band mates to buy onto a big national tour. It sucks, but that is the way the music industry works and that is the best way to guarantee people come out to see you. Then just hope that money was well spent exposure and hopefully if you kick ass enough people will buy your merch, making your money back.

And it is funny you mention socks. One of my buddies who is a tour veteran of many years gave me some advice before I embarked on my first tour. He said, "Go out and buy a bunch of socks in bulk. Make sure you have enough so that you have a new pair of socks everyday. Its pretty cheap comfort and then no matter how bad things are going, you've at least got a brand new pair of fuzzy socks to throw on and brighten your day." Honestly, after taking his advice, I couldn't agree more. Plus, you'd be surprised at how many socks you can lose on the road.

If you had to dance-off against David Lee Roth, Bill Cosby and the Solid Gold Dancers to save the lives of your loved ones, which singer, actor and dance troupe would you pick for your team?
    Singer: Billy Squire. But only if he danced like he did in his video for 'Rock Me Tonight'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fR0j7sModCI

Actor: Turbo and Ozone of 'Breakin' fame.

Dance Troupe: The Storm dance troupe. They may be young, but they look like they've got moxie. Plus, if they're good enough for the WNBA, they're good enough for me.

DayGlo

Wow, I had no idea billy Squier danced like that.

Now choose the song for the dance-off...

Great stuff, by the way. Excellent youtubery. I'm off to hunt down Red Dawn now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly View Post
    ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Weird, my band is called Sherpa.
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson