Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Well - Part XXV: LSP unleashes the fury (and the furries) by poisoning the Well!

Godfather of Unholy Metal Distortion Luís's Avatar
    I'm at you forum, un-tarding your system!

Default Re: The Well - Part XXV: LSP unleashes the fury (and the furries) by poisoning the We

Quote Originally Posted by JustWendell View Post
    If you could have one super power, what would it be?
    Something to do with kinetic energy. That would be awesome. In my reasoning my own movement would power me to some extent. Any sort of attack would actually boost them. I figure I couldn't project fireballs or something but maybe use that energy for myself or discharge it near me. Would be a great defensive power and a good melee attack.

Got the idea from an episode of Stargate where Apophis is attacked and he raises a shield. They had to use a bow and arrow as it was just bellow the amount of power the shield was set to activate. It was the episode that introduced the Nori.

I like heroes with a weakness. What's the excitement of being all powerful like Superman? Sure he's harmed by kriptonite but nothing else.

BTW... is it just me or for a rare material that thing is as common as dirt?

What one super power do you love but would hate to have?
    Maybe fire/lightining/death related powers. With my temper I'd abuse that. That's why I picked a power that would mostly be used as a defense. That's how I like to do stuff, on the defense, when I'm on the offense things tend to end badly.

I have to be careful with how I deal with situations so I tend to take a lot of crap. In all truth I don't know how to deal with many situations so my first response is always kind of aggressive. To prevent a really aggressive response I've learned to accept stuff. The problem is at some point I just can't handle it.

For instance, when I was younger I used to got into a lot of fights. At some point I tried to stop and became the kid everyone would pick on cause I didn't respond. One kid decided to be my bully. I would let things be, avoid him, stuff like that.

Then came a day when I couldn't avoid it. I tried to deal with the situation but got beat up pretty badly and no one did squat to help me out.

When I was in the bathroom trying to make myself presentable the kid comes in and apologizes trying to act like it was some accident. Well, he'd done it before and I knew how it would work out, he'd just do the same thing the next day.

I picked him up by the collar, threw him into the bathroom stall and I'd still be there today pummeling him to a pulp if a janitor hadn't walked in and broke us up. His arm was in pretty bad shape and you could hear him crying throughout the entire school as by the time I walked out of the bathroom everyone was in the hall.

I'm not sorry as it stopped everything and I was left pretty much to myself but it might have ended pretty badly for the kid and me.

What I learned from that day is a kind of balance, I knew I had to have a response and it had to be the right one the first time. I had to respond in kind or I'd be the kind of person you'd do whatever you felt like. Knowing that and doing that are two different things, tough and I always feel I'm on the more agressive side so that's why I'd love to have a great offensive power as it would be awesome but I'd be to afraid of what I'd do with it.

When all you have is a hammer you tend to treat all your problems as nails, right?
    What would you describe as your finest moment on this forum?
    Dunno, really. I don't think I'm an outstanding member here. I just post a lot but most of it is just mindless drivel, stuff I feel is funny. I don't remember any moment where I actually shined or was able to help out in a way no one else could.

Darkest moments? A few, especially the whole Walters thing. Dude had some problems, sure, and it was one thing to tease him a bit or use him as a private joke around here another was to actually be mean to him.

What upcoming movies are you looking forward to?
    Ironman seems pretty good. I hate the character, too black in white and a bit too similar in beliefs to Captain America (that one I can't stand) but I think the movie is going to be great.

The new Batman should be pretty sweet. As I said before, I'm not his biggest fan but some of his movies are cool and I loved the first one in the reboot.

Coke or Pepsi?
    They taste the same to me. It's like juice brands. I go to a place and just ask OJ, they ask me what brand, I just tell them I don't care.

I mean, I can drink both and say, ok, they are different but not enough I can actually pinpoint what it is or which is which. It's a coke, or an oj. Not a Coke or Pepsi or a Fanta and a Sumol (big brand around here, more so than Fanta).

Aside from V, who is your favorite character?
    Wolverine. I like him. Not really knowing his background, what he's supposed to do, carrying a big doubt in his mind and knowing he's a weapon and dealing with it as best as he can even if it means doing what he does best even if it isn't very nice. He also takes a lot of the experiences he remembers, or thinks he remembers, and takes his own code out of it. Like a poet warrior or as Charles Xavier would put it a diamond in the ruff.
    Last edited by Luís; 04-25-2008 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by threechordcharlie and ratherdashing
    TCC:What happened to LSP?
    RD:A question friends and school guidance counselors have been asking for years.

Default Re: The Well - Part XXV: LSP unleashes the fury (and the furries) by poisoning the We

Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Nicolette Larson or Bonnie Tyler?
    Bonnie Tyler, never heard of Nicolette Larson, that I know of. :P

Ok, I think my week is over. I'm pming someone and waiting for their reply.

I didn't forget the pics of the Cyclone, just haven't had the time to shoot it. I'll ask the admins to include the pics after this is closed or I'll just make a thread just for them later on.

I think it was a fun week and I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Again thanks to LesStrat for the chance.

If you want to ask any questions I think you still have a couple of hours before my pick answers back.
    RD:A question friends and school guidance counselors have been asking for years.

If by noon tomorrow the person I picked doesn't say anything I'll pm someone else.

What's wrong? Getting the silent treatment?

I can relate....
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Name 5 things that you feel you MUST do before departing this earth.

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    Name 5 things that you feel you MUST do before departing this earth.
    The first two come from the proverb that says a man should have a son, plant a tree and write a book, meaning you should have a family, take care of the environment and leave something for posterity and share your knowledge. I've planted some trees and I'll probably plant some more but here is the rest (in no particular order):
    1: Start my own family, care for them and keep them.
    2: Write a book. I'm actually working on it with a friend, we have a blog where we write small stories and a big one that is written one chapter at a time with each of us taking turns without consulting the other. I'd link it but it's in Portuguese... oh, what the heck, maybe some of you will learn someday lol www.contosameias.blogspot.com
    3: Build a guitar myself.
    4: Make a difference in the world in some way, something positive that no one else can do.
    5: Feel I've had a good life. I don't really have a fifth item, the first four - ok, leave out the guitar - are what really matters, right?

Ok, I added some pics of myself in the first post, as semi-agreed and that's that.

It was fun, I think

y2stevo has accepted my invitation. Take it away, bro.

Cheers Bro!!!
    Marshall JVM 410C
    Mesa Boogie DC-3
    ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
    1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
    2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
    2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
    1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
    2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
    1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

My two standard questions. I forgot to post'em up here before now.. Is it too late?

Can you name one single artist or band everyone should listen to?

Can you elaborate on an experience you've had that others could learn from as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    My two standard questions. I forgot to post'em up here before now.. Is it too late?

Can you name one single artist or band everyone should listen to?

Can you elaborate on an experience you've had that others could learn from as well?
    Irregular but I suppose until it's closed down that I can.

One artist or band? So many but I'd go with Ben Harper. Let's face it, not everyone will listen to Page or Hendrix or whoever and get something out of it.

Harper mixes a lot of stuff, has a lot of feeling, and has great lyrics. One of my favourite artists ever.

An experience...

Maybe Ana, my ex. We had a lot of fights about a lot of things and at some point I would just shut off and ignore it.

Don't do it. Either break up there and then or listen and try to make a small concession in whatever it is the girl wants/needs. Meeting someone half way is something I only learned how to do recently.

I've extracted that into dealing with some people and it has served me well so far. Should have done it before but no use in dwelling on that.