Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Best Amp For Telecaster

Ultimate Tone Slacker Gone_Shootin's Avatar

Default Re: Best Amp For Telecaster

Quote Originally Posted by LtKojak View Post
    The Fender HotRod DeLuxe or HotRod DeVille (I prefer the DeLuxe; I find the DeVille too loud for my purposes) are the best production modern clean sounding amps on the market, and second to none to that classic chicken-picking telly twang you're looking for, all for an affordable price.

Of course there are a lot boutique amps that they could give you the same sound... making you an extra two G's poorer.

Pepe aka Lt. Kojak
    Milano, Italy
    The Supersonic line is pretty good for cleans too. I have a Supersonic 60 head and the clean channel is great, but the burn channel is kinda generic sounding.

And OP, if you ever want an amp with really spanky & twangy compressed cleans, try a Splawn. I have a Pro Mod, and that thing makes my Tele sound great.
    Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

ive played lots of hot rods and they just never do it for me without modding them and changing the speaker. the 65 super reverb ri or the 68 custom series are much nicer amps. the 68 deluxe reverb is about $300 more than the hot rod deluxe and imnsho sounds much better. the hot rod has channel switching and plenty of other features that the 68 doesnt but the tone of the 68 is much more classic fender to my ears.

Luci Lu, after almost 7 years have you found the perfect amp for your Tele?
    Nope...

If you like Jimmy Page early tones (Yardbirds, early Zep) I'd recommend a Supro amp

Quote Originally Posted by PFDarkside View Post
    I think you could almost go through the entire Fender line from the Champ to the Twin, depending on your power and headroom requirements... Princeton, Deluxe, Super, Twin, they all sound different but equally good.
    Let's not forget the Pro, huh?

I am running my ASAT Classic through a reproduction tweed Pro, based on the 1955 5E5 circuit, with a 15" vintage Jensen speaker. I don't know how it could get any more "swampy" sounding.

Don't laugh! The best and most reliable blackface clean tones I get for my Teles is while I am using my Fender Super Champ X2 and running through a cab loaded with a JBL K130.
    I also play my Tele through a Fender Silverface Bandmaster Reverb head through a 2X12 cab and that also gets the nice cleans.
    At lower volumes, I can get clean tones with my 1968 Fender Silverface Vibro Champ modded with a 10 inch 4 Ohm Peavey Scorpion speaker.

Not laughing those Champs sound great.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Nostalgic Distortion's Avatar

I.M.H.O Telecasters were just made for VOX AC-30's/AC-15's!!!!! Don't get me wrong, I love Fender amplifiers like no one else but for a Tele nothing beats a tube driven AC-30 Top Boost!!!!! They warm up the tone without sacrificing any of the "Tele Twang", perfect!!!!!😍
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

5e3
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

i honestly enjoyed my tele-clone through a mesa lonestar special 1x12" combo more than any of the fenders i tried

my EJ strat sounded best through it to, although not as pronounced - it sounded great thru fender amps as well, especially the '65 deluxe reverb
    Last edited by tone4days; 06-23-2015 at 12:33 PM.
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Ultimate Tone Member

Ceriatone OTS
    Deluxe Reverb
    and hopefully the Suhr Badger 18 coming next week!

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Tone Member

Test mesa boogie roadking II: http://youtu.be/K-AApEstuUA

boost AC-30, that I use
    I have drawn lots of fine & abstract art paintings. I worked as an art teacher in a school.

Ultimate Tone Slacker James Rock's Avatar

Like many others I'm on the vox train definately sound awesome that said I find telecasters the most versatile guitars and sound great with most vintage amps!
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube