Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

Mojo's Minions Virtual Kevorkian's Avatar

Default The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

And off we go! Ask anything and everything you want - nothing is off limits!

Default Re: The Well XLII - What have we gotten ourselves into...

What up dude!

cg
    -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

Anything new in the Tip & Clips section we should be checkin' out?

cg
    -Blasphemy is a victimless crime

http://howdovaccinescauseautism.com/

cg

T or A?

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    What up dude!

cg
    Nothing at all! Dodged a huge bullet today at school and feel like I'm walking on water.

Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo View Post
    Anything new in the Tip & Clips section we should be checkin' out?

cg
    Not quite yet... I'll have stuff posted up real soon, though! I've gotten my butt in gear and have been plugging away with writing - decided that by the end of the school year, I'll have finished an entire album. It's a concept album based roughly on Paradise Lost, but I may deviate here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    T or A?
    Man... this really is such a hard choice. I can't pick just one! Gotta have both. That said, my girlfriend is definitely more gifted in the A area... so for brownie points, I'll say ass!

You're known for being an incessant guitar/amp whore. Take us back to the first guitar/amp combo you had.

what drums and midi do u recommend? what college do u think ur gonna go to? Opinions on b3wbage?

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    You're known for being an incessant guitar/amp whore. Take us back to the first guitar/amp combo you had.
    better yet, give us the lineup from birth to present
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Dude View Post
    what drums and midi do u recommend? what college do u think ur gonna go to? Opinions on b3wbage?
    Currently using Superior 2.0 for acoustic drums and DFHS for cymbals, and Cubase has the best midi drum composing setup as far as I'm concerned.

Applying to UCLA, UCDavis, UCSB, CalPoly, and probably one or two more. I'm really not sure where I want to go... probably Davis, actually, UCSB would be ideal if it wasn't so close to home.

I have a sick obsession with b3wbage... I just can't get enough of the things. I really cant!

Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    I've gotta run to play rehearsal... I'll post this when I get back. It's a LONG list! 19 electrics, 8 heads, and 4 cabinets in just over 6 years!

I think this is the first time I've posted a ? in one of these things- but here goes...

1)The EMG 81- your pup of choice IIRC. what is it about that particular pup that makes it so? :end Picard:

2)Also, have you totally abandoned passive designs? Are there some you could "deal with" if for some reason Active pups were wiped from the face of the earth?

3) On the SD User Group Day- were there any particular standouts (playing-wise)- guys who inspired you to go home and step it up?
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Next gear purchase?

Any aspirations of hitting it big?

I remember back on the old YaBB forum, when I was about 16 or 17 and you were about 13 or 14. Do you think it's kind of weird you've been on the forums that long?
    Facebook - My facebook page
    Kemo For Emo - My band. Now verified on Facebook & Spotify!

What area are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by tone4days View Post
    An asterisk (*) denotes that I still have said piece of gear.

(in order)

Guitars:

Squier Bullet Strat
    Ibanez RG220
    Schecter C-1 Stealth*
    Jackson DXMGT
    Jackson RR-1
    Schecter C-1 Classic
    Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
    LTD H-207
    LTD Viper-407
    LTD EC-1000
    Schecter C-1 Blackjack
    Ibanez RG1527
    LTD MH-400NT
    Carvin DC747
    Edwards Les Paul Custom
    ESP M-I NTB*
    Seagull S6 Cedar*
    ESP Dave Mustaine Axxion
    ESP M-II Maple*

Amps:

Squier combo
    Crate combo
    Peavey Transtube Supreme
    Peavey XXX
    Peavey 5150(1)
    Mesa Single Rectifier
    Peavey 5150(2)
    Peavey JSX
    Peavey 5150II
    Peavey 5150(3)*

Cabinets:

Fender 80's carpet covered 2x12
    Crate 4x12
    Rivera 4x12
    Mesa 4x12*

Not sure exactly the order on pedals, but I've owned:

Boss GE-10
    Boss SD-1
    Boss NS-2*
    Ibanez TS9
    Maxon OD808*
    Peterson StroboStomp*

Quote Originally Posted by JeffB View Post
    I think this is the first time I've posted a ? in one of these things- but here goes...

1)The EMG 81- your pup of choice IIRC. what is it about that particular pup that makes it so? :end Picard:

2)Also, have you totally abandoned passive designs? Are there some you could "deal with" if for some reason Active pups were wiped from the face of the earth?

3) On the SD User Group Day- were there any particular standouts (playing-wise)- guys who inspired you to go home and step it up?

1) Super, super tight lowend and a great, cutting upper midrange that doesn't sound harsh or convoluted. Fairly smooth top end. I also looooove the response from it - super fast, not very colored, and tight as all get out.

2) For metal rhythm, yeah - I really just can't see myself using passives for what I play. If I had to, I could live with a Custom, and probably a Warpig or something from Bareknuckle. Maybe a Lundgren - not tried one, though.

3) I was most impressed by two dudes: one guy who's name escapes me... he had frizzy, long hair, like the dude from Coheed and Cambria, and played an SG. That guy absolutely ripped! It was really unique, cool sounding stuff, but was still shreddy when he wanted and soulful when he needed.

The other dude was Ronny North - check out this guys solo stuff! Quirky as all hell, but such an amazing player, with great flavor and a killer vibrato! I saw him again at the Ventura Theater opening for Yngwie Malmsteen back in 2005, and he was even better with his own band behind him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    Next gear purchase?

Any aspirations of hitting it big?

I remember back on the old YaBB forum, when I was about 16 or 17 and you were about 13 or 14. Do you think it's kind of weird you've been on the forums that long?
    I literally just purchased an ESP M-II Maple and a really nice URS channelstrip plugin, so I'm kinda low on funds. I think the next one will be recording related - I definitely could use a new external HDD!

Honestly, no real aspirations of hitting it big as an artist or in a band. I *might* go into audio production for a career, but even that's unlikely.

I've never really thought about it... but now that I do, I guess it is kind of weird. You guys have basically watched me grow up, from barely a teenager to almost a legal adult - I'd actually like to hear what some of you have to say about that? Anything really noticable/surprising? Anything that didn't surprise you at all because I haven't changed in some aspects?

Quote Originally Posted by dd12939 View Post
    What area are you in?
    SoCal! Ventura, California is about 50-60mi north of Los Angeles, and about 20-30mi south of Santa Barbara.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
    If you could give any one of these tabliod starlets a boot in the box who would it be and why?
    Do you mean like... which famous trashy girl I'd nail? Or which I'd literally give a boot in the box? I'd love to kick the crap out of Miley Cyrus or that skank from High School Musical, but I'd give my left nut to get with Kate Beckinsale or Scarlett Johansson.

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual Kevorkian View Post
    Applying to UCLA, UCDavis, UCSB, CalPoly, and probably one or two more. I'm really not sure where I want to go... probably Davis, actually, UCSB would be ideal if it wasn't so close to home.
    I don't really have a question for the well, but I go to Cal Poly so if you have any questions about it I'd be more than happy to answer them.

Krankitupologist krankguitarist's Avatar

We've shared a lot of our gear over the years. When you're done with your girlfriend, can I have her?

Quote Originally Posted by n00b View Post
    I don't really have a question for the well, but I go to Cal Poly so if you have any questions about it I'd be more than happy to answer them.
    I really don't want to major in anything technical, so I'm not sure - when I wanted to major in Civil Engineering, it was at the top of the list. That said, I've heard the PoliSci school is pretty **** good, and I've always liked the campus, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
    What attracted you to the forum and what keeps you coming back?
    It's a very 'brotherly' place - I feel like when I come here its a bunch of gearheads sitting down with a pint and shooting the ****! Just good ol' gearbased comradery!

Quote Originally Posted by krankguitarist View Post
    We've shared a lot of our gear over the years. When you're done with your girlfriend, can I have her?
    If you really want my salty seconds that badly, I suppose. That is, assuming she'd have you.

I've never really thought about it... but now that I do, I guess it is kind of weird. You guys have basically watched me grow up, from barely a teenager to almost a legal adult - I'd actually like to hear what some of you have to say about that? Anything really noticable/surprising? Anything that didn't surprise you at all because I haven't changed in some aspects?
    I'm gonna say that you've changed very, very little. Take it as a compliment, because I remember when you were 13-14, and thinking you were a really mature, stand-up guy.

A few years ago, the first time I heard some of your clips gave me a kick in the ass to practice and improve my picking. It's embarrassing as hell to hear somebody ~10 years younger than you who's way better

Anyway, now a question....

How are those ESPs treating you? One of the few guitars I've hung onto for any length of time is my old Kramer Focus, which was made by ESP, and it's quality is just above and beyond. Do you have pics of the M-I somewhere here?

Krankitupologist krankguitarist's Avatar

If you really want my salty seconds that badly, I suppose. That is, assuming she'd have you.
    **** dude, I've just been 1 up'd!

what's you most memorable forum moment?
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer