Likes Likes:  0

Thread: .midi to .wav ?

Default .midi to .wav ?

What's the easiest way to convert .mid files into .wav file format? I d/l'd a bunch of .mid files to practice my chops with, and want to burn 'em onto a CD to play through my home stereo.
    Any good advice is greatly appreciated!

-Bob
    Fender MIA Strat/Antiquity s.c.'s, Fender MIJ 60's Strat w/SSL-1n/APS1m/SSL-1b, Gibson LP Studio w/Jazz/a slightly aged PAF-soundin' road-worn JB,'06 Schecter Corsair semi-hollow w/DD HB101's(same as 59's), Schecter C-1 Classic w/SD Jazz-n/JB-b, a couple of Epi's w/SD's, Fender amps (DRRI and Blues DeVille) and Marshall (DSL2000 50watt and 2x12 cab loaded with V30's)- Effects:TS-9, Vox 847 wah (thanks, John S.!), Fulltone OCD, and an assortment of colors

Forgot to mention, I'm using Windows ME for my OS.
    Thanks!
    Fender MIA Strat/Antiquity s.c.'s, Fender MIJ 60's Strat w/SSL-1n/APS1m/SSL-1b, Gibson LP Studio w/Jazz/a slightly aged PAF-soundin' road-worn JB,'06 Schecter Corsair semi-hollow w/DD HB101's(same as 59's), Schecter C-1 Classic w/SD Jazz-n/JB-b, a couple of Epi's w/SD's, Fender amps (DRRI and Blues DeVille) and Marshall (DSL2000 50watt and 2x12 cab loaded with V30's)- Effects:TS-9, Vox 847 wah (thanks, John S.!), Fulltone OCD, and an assortment of colors

I looked on tucows, but didn't find a darn thing.

Dean Hardtail Fanologist Jeff_H's Avatar

Bob -

Do you have a recording program like Guitar Pro or Acid? I use acid and I can import any sound file and then save and burn it as MP3, .wav, .iaf, .ogg, .wma. If you can't find a way to convert them, let me know. Maybe you can e-mail me the files and I can convert them and send them back to you, or burn them onto CD and mail it to you.

Let me know.

Ultimate Tone Slacker Marinblues's Avatar

This thing works fine:

http://www.music123.com/Edirol-VSCMP...k-i60262.music

It also gives you better midi sounds than the built-in Windows midi wavetable.

Marin

if you're really not wantin' to download anytyhing or fuss a whole lot, there should be options in your sound control icon for selecting midi sounds as the recording target. I'm not sure how it is in ME, but I know on other versions of windows there is a little speaker icon in the lower right corner. After selecting midi as the recording target, just play the midi file while running any old sound recorder.

I finally figured out how to do it between my "sound" properties and using Windows Media Player as a source and Cool Edit 2000 as my recorder. I render the .midi file into a .wav file saved at a 48000 bit rate for a higher quality sound, and then I resample it at a bit rate of 44.100 to make it compatible for burning onto a CD and playable in my home stereo.
    The whole process is a little time consuming, but well worth it considering the fact that I'm not having to sit down with my Boss DR-5 and work out all the rhythm tracks in that manner.
    If anyone needs some info on this procedure, I found some at this link:

http://www.notationmachine.com/midi_to_wave.htm

Good article!

Thanks for your input to all who responded.

-Bob

Default Re: .midi to .wav ?

Check out a freeware program called TiMidity. It's a MIDI player that uses GUS patches to generate instruemnt sounds. The cool thing is that you can output the MIDI file to a WAV. I use it all the time to convert MIDIs. You can find it here,

http://www.stardate.bc.ca/eawpatches/html