Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Well: Volume 58: The Ganzo Variations....

Ultimate Tone Slacker ganzosrevenge's Avatar

Default Re: The Well: Volume 58: The Ganzo Variations....

*in mrs. slocombe voice

well, I was going to show my pussy today at the show, but she got sooo wet in the shower, the mere thought of her being exposed to the world made her completely incapable of proper display....

/Are you being served? rules!
    <--- these guys fight, so we can enjoy large tracts of land

Tell us about yourself mate, what are your musical tools, what makes you tick.

a brief synopsis:

i'm 23, nice jewish guy... I have 3 little sisters who rule to me. My sole surviving musical tool at this point is a highly-modded 2007 American Special HSS Stratocaster with SSL1s N and M and a Brobucker in the B. I'm right now working as a scalemaster at my grandfather's scrap yard (eh, it's a living) and my dream is to get a nice little 10w mini-marshall or mini-plexi. What makes me tick is pretty long... anything ranging from hannah montana, to most modern music, to my little sisters borking things they know they shouldn't.

One day, I'd like to just find that magical peace, get a nice collection of esoteric fenders, live on a mountain and be able to relish the vieews over some music. To me, that's a therapeutic, happy lifestyle. I'm a big fan of british comedies as well (hence the pun in post XXI, if you know who Mrs. Slocombe is in AYBS, you know the joke). Oddly enough, my favorite guitarist is Frank Zappa... just something about his playing style, the effects he used, the guitars, and his overall mentality strikes me as awesome... and he is definitely underrated.

I'm a self=admitted OCD tinkerer who likes to find the weakspots in everything and try to improve them... kinda like reinventing the wheel i guess, but to me, that's half the fun of industrially designed things... where are the weakspots, and how can I reduce, or even better eliminate them. I'm that kid who figured out how to open up the remote control and fed apple juice to the VCR due to my thinking that the tape slot was a mouth for food.

As a side note, I like to rescue animals (i have a cat and a cockatoo from rescuing), I love film-based photography (I'm looking to get someday an rz67 so I can get more into medium format photography) due to the surprise element. It may sound backwards, but that one REALLY great shot is something most certainly worth waiting for. Animals and photography are I guess, two of my bigger pleasures besides music. Instruments I play: guitar, piano, harmonica primarily, though I have some knowledge on how to play others.

Well, that's it I guess. Keep pressing on, and I may decide to make a PAF shaped cake someday :-D

We both live in NY and my question for you is, why isn't my band the best in NY!? No I'm only kidding.

My real question is how many concerts have you been to, and what is your favorite place to see them? Bars, Clubs, Venue? Any good ones you caught in NY?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkfingers View Post
    Soooooooooooo, You've obviously never encountered SlayerSlaughter.

ac/dc: 2001 (while i was at a summer study pgm for HS kids at PSU)
    neil young: 2003 (this whomped going to the prom)
    allmans: every year since 2004
    ZPZ: 2008

that's about it.

i don't like bars or clubs... I do like the NYPhil and saw them when they played purple haze as the encore at central park. Imagine a 120 piece classical orchestra playing purple haze... everything is there except squealing feedback guitar through a stack.

Best restaurant: Peter Luger's... end of discussion

Looking for Real Life drew_half_empty's Avatar

how many girls have you been with that could take you in a fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by gibson175 View Post
    metal zones are for pussies.

one

the darn psycho chinese ex of mine.

supernosher

How will you ensure the smilies (in your sig) come home safely, and get the care they need?

i propose that the wealthy smilies (the ones that have spam, or flying dragons... anything besides electric guitars) will pay a larger tax than the simple, common, working man smiley... these smilies will get a tax cut that will reflect an approximately $65 / month increase in a family of smiley's net pay. If your smiley has taken a loan from the United Smilies of America, it will not be allowed to make more net monetary income than the smiley leader.

Smilies that return from armed conflict will be guaranteed their rightful visitation with their significant smilies, and allowed to reacquaint with civilian society. The tax dollars from those smilies with dragons and spam and other flagellates not equated with the production of music will be used to turn the angry smilies into happy smilies and provide the occasional and and in order to relax... it's simply the american smiley way. Chug a few, smoke a few, and make all the sweet sweet music we can make.

Finally, smilies that are in need of psychological assistance due to their desires to allow civilian smilies to enjoy large tracts of land.... will receive their psychological evaluations from the monies recovered by fraudulent smilies... those smilies who choose to make their revenue performing duplicit actions upon the greater smiley population. Thus, out of the darkest of negative smiley character we may create some greater good for those who protect the Smiley right to appreciate large tracts of land...

and by large tracts of land, i mean this

Wow, those are nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorus View Post
    Wow, those are nice.
    yup... it's really amazing to me how boobs are what men fixate on... it's like the ultimate sign of bling-bling. Now granted, I've never had a girl who had any on her chest (which leads me to ) but what is it about those protuberances that make men go nuts... even FZ, my guitar hero thought that those little jugs with nozzles were the greatest thing on earth, and he spent hours and hours and songs and albums poking fun of the sub-species (or gender) that has them... i guess as an aspiring psychologist with an interest in the differences between men and women, it piques my interest seeing how men primarily go "LOOK AT THOSE!" and then only after they judge what they see will they usually go for what's beyond that....

awww who am I kidding... I'm a musician, a 23 year old guy, and hot chicks rule

jason

I meant her eyes... But yeah, what you said works too...
    Quote Originally Posted by crusty philtrum View Post
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Quote Originally Posted by Securb View Post
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Serious well question: you said feel free to tip the cow, but it won´t accept credit cards, at least not when you zip them through the slot.

Am I doing something wrong or will this feature be added in the future? I mean, without tips how is that cow gonna pay for important things like Grass, Loco weed and other psychoactive substances?

Quote Originally Posted by trevorus View Post
    I meant her eyes... But yeah, what you said works too...
    Last edited by Zerberus; 02-28-2009 at 09:17 AM.
    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Quote Originally Posted by Zerberus View Post
    Serious well question: you said feel free to tip the cow, but it won´t accept credit cards, at least not when you zip them through the slot.

Am I doing something wrong or will this feature be added in the future? I mean, without tips how is that cow gonna pay for important things like Grass, Loco weed and other psychoactive substances?

They accept cash, bank checks, and USPS money orders... all tips must be done with the finger and done whilst a cow is not in a lactating state. This way they can get their mind-altering substances to enhance the quality of the milk we drink, and hopefully figure out a way to make raw milk that doesn't require buying a share in it.

Quote Originally Posted by drew_half_empty View Post
    how many girls have you been with that could take you in a fight?
    ok, funny story time.

My ex-fiancee Xuhua (yes, we were engaged) wanted to try out for the WWE. I went along with it, and decided to try as manager. She didn't do too well in the "talent" (ie: ) part) of the audition, but they let her get a shot at in-ring. I told her to just be herself, and go with the flow. I figured that she knew that professional wrestling was fake. BIG mistake (mind you, my ex is 6'2", 160 lbs, and an 8th degree blackbelt in jiujitsu, a long-time practitioner of aikido and muay boran, and had been in krav maga for about 2 years at that point). Well, her opponent for the audition was about 4 foot 11 to MAYBE 5 feet, and about 100 lbs. I just stood there looking at her manager thinking "this isn't gonna be good". Her opponent tried to kick her... nothing... punch her... nothing... run off the ropes and into her... still nothing.

so finally on like the third attempt at a cross body, my ex catches her, overhead presses the poor girl and throws her over the top rope and out. I started to worry she REALLY didn't know that professional wrestling was fake, but to keep character I kept my distance. The girl's manager threw her back in, and she tried to stand up. Xuhua proceeds to take the girl, throw her into the corner, and kick, knee, elbow, punch, headbutt this girl until she's flat on her ass in the corner a bloody mess. At this point I made a run-in on the other manager and proceeded to "pummel" him while screaming "TELL HER NOT TO GET UP... XUHUA IS SHOOTING!" to which I hear "but it has to look good!". So i decided to drag the guy around "punching him", but leaving air, and showed him the mess that was. He starts screaming to the girl (who is internally busted up and on her head "DONT GET UP!" with me.

Well, that didn't work. She got up, and tried to throw a punch, and landed in this half-nelson rear choke combo. At this point we're pleading to the ref to stop the match, as we both knew that this could end up with someone having permanent damage or worse, but to no avail. Xuhua was lifting the girl up while in the choke and ultimately landed a belly-to-back suplex... at this point I couldn't take anymore and threw my shirt in, and proceeded to rip my ex off the girl. It turns out that after the audition, the girl was left with 2 bruised kidneys, a ruptured spleen, 12 broken ribs, a crushed windpipe, and a grade III concussion. Going back to the locker room, I ripped her a new one and gave her the news she failed her tryout because she went "legit".

her response: Pro wrestling's FAKE?!

well, some fun facts before I go and pass the well onto drew_half_empty

-I'm left handed, yet I play a straight right-handed guitar (like doyle II)
    -I've managed to break my kneecap in 6 places, my femur in 2, and tear everything in my knee dancing... (how NOT to impress a girl)
    -I've never gone on an airplane to go anywhere... just never had the need to be on one.
    -My favorite thing in the world to do is rock-climb and play laser tag
    -I've got my laptop running on BSD/UNIX with a KDE GUI and it works perfectly!

drew, the well's all yours... I'm packed and ready for archiving... thanks for asking your questions, a lot of them gave me some good laughs... also felt kinda therapeutic too. Thanks for everything!

Jason