Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: By Request: How to Add an LED to Your Wah

HomeGrownToneBrewologist Rich_S's Avatar

Default Re: By Request: How to Add an LED to Your Wah

Quote Originally Posted by ratherdashing View Post
    Thanks for this thread Rich!

I was already planning on putting an LED in my BYOC Wah, but I had planned on putting it on the top, not the side. I like the side-mounted idea.

Also, I was either going to bezel mount it, or use some epoxy to glue it to the inside of the case. Even with the 11/64" hole, I'd be concerned that a wayward foot at a gig would knock it back into the case. Is this concern unfounded?

Not with the smaller hole. I did that on the Boss' RMC, then put a small tie-wrap around the LED leads, bundling them to the rest of the switch wiring. That held the LED in its hole, but gave a little bit of spring-action if it got pushed.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Default Re: By Request: How to Add an LED to Your Wah

Thanks for the info Rich! I really appreciate it! Me and Bass_Bear will scout out the inside of the pedal, and try to figure it out without destroying something important.

Once again, thank you for posting this, total vault material.
    - Gibson CS ES339 - Gibson Les Paul Trad - Gibson J-200 Standard - Fender Hwy1 Strat - Gibson Captain Kirk Douglas SG - Takamine E-series Acoustic - Fender Blues Deluxe - Fender Excelsior -