Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Well 69: ImmortalSix

Fleecy Sweaterologist The Golden Boy's Avatar

Default Re: The Well 69: ImmortalSix

If you were "Jefferson" in The Dirty Dozen, knowing what was going to happen to you, would you do anything different?
    *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash2987
    Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVFan
    I'm a good sex man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    I am just jug the merlot.

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Boy View Post
    If you were "Jefferson" in The Dirty Dozen, knowing what was going to happen to you, would you do anything different?
    He'd probably move on up, to the East Side, to a de-luxe apartment in the sky.

"Add about a half-a-teacup o' bass...."
    --'King' Curtis Ousley

Visit me on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewguitar View Post
    In our heart of hearts we're love. That's who we really are.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalSix View Post
    If I decided to restore something, well time-out --- I would never restore a car. Those guys make me sick, they are bat-**** crazy --- finding vinyl for their door panels from the correct factory location from the correct month, stuff like that. I like for cars to function well, and most of the cars from the 50s, 60s, and 70s were less functional than I'll accept. We've upgraded lots of little stuff on our '76 --- shoulder harness seatbelts, modified the transmission shifter for better function, larger tires for a higher highway speed with lower RPM, stuff like that. Restoration, true restoration is just not for me. A lot of people think that what Dad and I do with cars is restoration, and it really, truly couldn't be farther from it. [/rant]

-Hunter

Your stereotypical car dude drive me crazy. There is a reason that cars aren't made like they used to be, its called improvements. People who are insane about NOS and stock equipment make me want to barf. Old cars look cool, but everything under the sheet metal is fair to go, IMO.

I would make He Is Legend follow up "I Am Hollywood" with a proper "He Is Legend" album --- as soon as I heard their follow-up "Suck Out the Poison," my buddy and I looked at each other and said "They either had 1) a lineup change or 2) a label change." Sure as the sunrise, they had a label change. Their "I Am Hollywood" album was so incredible, and they really fell flat after that. I wouldn't play, I would just do the production.

Though I will admit, SOTP did grow on me and there are some pretty rockin' tunes on it. But I Am Hollywood was epic.

Fun Fact: When I went to college, I was a bushy-haired wannabe hippie, I listened to all funk music and canoed and kayaked every weekend --- I was in school to become a Park Ranger.

In my college ID picture, my hair was so big it went out of the frame

Now I'm buzz-cut, 3-piece-suit, Mr. Suburb, working for a large government consulting firm. I gave the canoe to my dad and sold the kayak.

What went wrong?
    What went wrong? More like what went right, ya damn gorp huffin', patchouli oil stinkin' sasquatch.

On to the questions...

The Hammers or the Rubicon?

How do you feel about truggy rock crawlers? Cool or do they take out some of the red-neckery, DIY, and/or skill involved with a truck?

Favorite fast food restaurant? You have to pick one.

Favorite style of cuisine?

Dumbest car and truck currently being sold? No, the Subaru Baja does not count as fitting both categories concurrently.

Dumbest guitar currently being sold?

Celebrity you'd like to fall off the map?

Do you enjoy onions?
    Last edited by 3'scompany; 05-12-2009 at 03:49 PM.
    DayGlo

John Mayer's Mankini ImmortalSix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden Boy View Post
    I've never seen it, but from what I understand, they planned the work, and he worked the plan. Sometimes you're gonna have that.

Quote Originally Posted by 3'scompany View Post
    The Hammers or the Rubicon?
    For building a truck: The Hammers --- the way I think and design and build would be fully exercised on a Hammers build. Analyzing the truck for failure points, calculating the right 4 link dimensions for the right amount of anti-squat for running waterfalls, picking out the alloy for the axleshafts, etc. --- it would just be a fascinating build.

For running it: The Rubicon --- there's nothing better than a nice, easy(ish) trail ride. I'd love to run the 'con in an XJ like my old one, just running the trail and enjoying myself. I was never an extreme 4-wheeler, always just a happy trail rider. I built a lot of flex into my rig and kept the COG low, and that would be just perfect for the Rubicon.

How do you feel about truggy rock crawlers? Cool or do they take out some of the red-neckery, DIY, and/or skill involved with a truck?
    Even a smartly built street-legal truck like my old one removes the redneckery from 4-wheelin. It's a shame people think "muddin'" when they think of recreational 4WD. I stand firmly in the camp that 4-wheelin is not for rednecks. In fact, most rednecks have never been crawlin. Truggy builds are just the upper end of smart builds. A few of my buddies built truggies and kept them street legal. They put a lot of work into welding the cage, designing the cage, and all the aforementioned drivetrain analysis. Truggies are cool with me.

Here's my buddy's Yota for an example of a truggy:

Favorite fast food restaurant? You have to pick one.
    Chick-Fil-A --- I used to work there, and I can tell you with certainty --- it's cleaner than any other fast food joint out there. Who doesn't love fried chicken?

Favorite style of cuisine?
    Grilled food. Steak on the grill, chicken on the grill, fish on the grill, kebabs on the grill. Grill grill grill, grill grill grill. Grill.

Dumbest car and truck currently being sold? No, the Subaru Baja does not count as fitting both categories concurrently.
    Dumbest car: I am going to have to circle back to these, bro
    Dumbest truck: I am going to have to circle back to these, bro
    Dumbest guitar currently being sold?
    Dimebag guitars --- ugly, ugly, ugly. I liked Dimebag Darrell, he seemed like a good guy, but his guitars make me revolt agains them every time I see one. And all those Ibanez shredders --- they make me think of people who play video games and live with their parents.

Celebrity you'd like to fall off the map?
    Anyone with a purse dog. If you put a dog in your purse, you should be launched into the sun.

Do you enjoy onions?
    Yeah I love em man --- just picked out a sweet vidalia for a recipe we're making this week! MMM MMM!

Onions don't make my eyes water either --- it's like nature wanted us to be together!

Great questions, bro --- thank you!

-Hunter
    Last edited by ImmortalSix; 05-12-2009 at 04:55 PM.

Even a smartly built street-legal truck like my old one removes the redneckery from 4-wheelin. It's a shame people think "muddin'" when they think of recreational 4WD. I stand firmly in the camp that 4-wheelin is not for rednecks.
    I hear you on the smart builds. A few of my buddies are really into crawling. One in particular as a CJ with a V8 swap, all crazy linked suspension in the rear, caged out. It's just flat out nasty. And he built it all himself. However, I have seen my share of neck'd out honkeys on the Rube. They're not the majority, but they're out there... and wheelin' ******s - especially the 'neck ones - are extremely funny to watch on the trails... so long as you don't have to be around them too long.

But I have to respect people like you and my buddies that fab all that stuff up. I'd love to do the same with race cars, but sadly lack the money, tools, and space necessary. Some day.... some day....

Great well so far.
    Last edited by 3'scompany; 05-12-2009 at 06:33 PM.
    DayGlo

If you could choose between a Celtic Franklin or a Celtic Edana,
    what time will the sun rise tomorrow?
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

supernosher

What does your wife call your wangchop?

For building a truck: The Hammers --- the way I think and design and build would be fully exercised on a Hammers build. Analyzing the truck for failure points, calculating the right 4 link dimensions for the right amount of anti-squat for running waterfalls, picking out the alloy for the axleshafts, etc. --- it would just be a fascinating build.

-Hunter
    one of my friends worked on this http://www.baesystems.com/Newsroom/N...812719124.html

seems like we cant decide to do that, or an EV/electric car. any suggestions?

My default is Bud Light, honestly. I wish I could tell you how I only drink good beer, but I default to good old fashioned Bud Light.
    i think i agree, my friend pointed it out, really, good beer is nice, but it really just doesnt matter! wine is different

Yes, absolutely --- Mediterranean climate, population density is low, food and wine will be good for sure.

I would move there if I could find a career
    napa is kind of touristy, although there are tons of wineries around CA, paseo robles is particularly good.

supernosher

Oh my my, Napa is hellish. No one goes there and has fun with Napa. Sonoma county is far superior.

Do you think some folks failed to read the guidelines for the well?
    Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    If you could choose between a Celtic Franklin or a Celtic Edana,
    what time will the sun rise tomorrow?
    As much as I love a Plexi, 5:57 a.m.

Quote Originally Posted by supernosher View Post
    What does your wife call your wangchop?
    Question rejected!

Oh, most definitely!

I don't take it the wrong way though --- we all just want to share our experience!

don't cha have any love for the wagoneer?

Quote Originally Posted by newking70 View Post
    don't cha have any love for the wagoneer?
    Yeah man one of my best friends had an SJ --- I cut his fenders for him --- 360, D44s, he was running 33" tires --- nothing huge, but a fun and cool truck nonetheless. Luxurious!

::: LIGHTNING ROUND :::

I am home sick today --- feel like crap, and I'll be free to answer questions all day today.

Thanks to all for the great questions so far, it's fun!

-Hunter

read? guidelines?

Absolutely yes! I am a big time history buff, early American history especally, and Virginia is the center of the universe for that stuff!

Proper response coming tomorrow --- off to bed now!

Thanks to all for a big opening day!
    Get to properly responding! I am bored at work!

Asshatologist

Who are the top ten forumers you'd like to meet IRL and why?