Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

  1. #21
    Minion of One Andrew Lamprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,336

    Default Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by LesStrat View Post
    Will my drums sell soon?
    I hope.

  2. #22
    Minion of One Andrew Lamprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,336

    Default Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by astrozombie View Post
    andrew: what do you think is wrong with the music industry today?
    I just think the record companies have created a formula that the music they produce needs to follow certain standards. This was just created to get more money to the people higher up.

    It's not all the record companies either. Some musicians just want to make money and they are not necassarily "real" musicians.

    I can't wait for the next Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, or Pink Floyd to come out.

    The music industry isn't all bad but they are restricting. There is still some decent music coming out but not in the truckloads it was coming out in the late 60s and early 70s.

  3. #23
    KatyPerryologist astrozombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,681

    Default Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

    ive read many people that say, "if you want to make it as a major label artist, be prepared to give up royalties, artistic control and music ownership".

    doesnt seem fair right? i cant wait for the next big guitarist either.

    might even be a forum bro.

  4. #24
    Minion of One Andrew Lamprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,336

    Default Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by astrozombie View Post
    ive read many people that say, "if you want to make it as a major label artist, be prepared to give up royalties, artistic control and music ownership".

    doesnt seem fair right? i cant wait for the next big guitarist either.

    might even be a forum bro.
    I have thought about that. A forum bro making it big. That would be nice to see. That one guy, BTMN, I think his name is... I saw the well the first day I joined and saw that, people were asking him questions and I thought he made it big.

    I couldn't do that. Give up my artistic control. I know it sounds stupid but I would rather not be famous at all if I had the play some pop music garbage for Kanye West or whatever his name is. That would be just like me giving up. I would be more content making $50,000 a year working as a kindergarden teacher.

  5. #25
    KatyPerryologist astrozombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    13,681

    Default Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Lamprecht View Post
    I have thought about that. A forum bro making it big. That would be nice to see. That one guy, BTMN, I think his name is... I saw the well the first day I joined and saw that, people were asking him questions and I thought he made it big.

    I couldn't do that. Give up my artistic control. I know it sounds stupid but I would rather not be famous at all if I had the play some pop music garbage for Kanye West or whatever his name is. That would be just like me giving up. I would be more content making $50,000 a year working as a kindergarden teacher.
    I like to think of myself as a well balanced guitarist, but i'd still love artistic control.

    are you a fan of punk rock?
    whos the dude in your avatar?

  6. #26
    Minion of One Andrew Lamprecht's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New York
    Age
    27
    Posts
    9,336

    Default Re: The Well LXXXIII: Andrew comes from the Midnight Sun

    Quote Originally Posted by astrozombie View Post
    I like to think of myself as a well balanced guitarist, but i'd still love artistic control.

    are you a fan of punk rock?
    whos the dude in your avatar?
    I am well balanced as well. I play Blues, Classic Rock, Metal, some Jazz, and Acoustic (Folk stuff).

    Blues, I mostly listen to late 60s British Blues artists like Savoy Brown, Peter Green and Ten Years After. Classic Rock is mostly Led Zeppelin and Alice Cooper. Metal is Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Randy Rhoads Ozzy Stuff, and occasionaly a Megadeth song or two. Jazz is mostly Django Reinhardt. And acoustic is mostly just little songs I write. I don't really buy a lot of folk music.

    My favorite type of music would have to be blues.

    I don't like punk rock that much. There is a song from Weezer I like. Buddy Holly I think it's called. I also like the Ramones but overall I don't really like Fall Out Boy etc. The new bands.

    The guy in my avatar is Kim Simmonds, the guitarist and singer from Savoy Brown. He is a great lyricist, guitarist, and has a real cool voice. He is an all around great musician. He plays mostly blues with some influences from other types of music.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •