Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 91

Thread: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

  1. #61
    Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mosh Pits of Utumno
    Posts
    14,535

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    I just redid my outro lead, hopefully you guys like it. I do, it worked out pretty nicely. Listening to Def Leppard today really helped me focus, the way Phil Collen emphasises the melody rather than just plays a million notes throughout his leads. If you get me?

    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8148111


    Hey Ex-250 how'd you want me to get this to you so you can put it into your own program? I can put the solo alone into a wav file and send you that so it can slot in wherever it needs to.
    nice lead. fits to a T. I'm hoping to do mine tonight!

  2. #62
    Super Simonologist JOLLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Shockahville, USA
    Age
    52
    Posts
    47,253

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    can I be a part of it?

  3. #63
    Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mosh Pits of Utumno
    Posts
    14,535

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    gave a new dealio a shot:
    (rough mix)
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8212085

    3 separate waves in a zip here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/29228240...waves.zip.html

    (they'll need to be mixed in, reverbed. has a limit of 10 downloads so if peeps just want to hear the mix, please go to soundclick, and don't download)

    lemme know if it'll work.

    ROCK

  4. #64
    Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mosh Pits of Utumno
    Posts
    14,535

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    can I be a part of it?
    I don't think I'll have time for the next round, so there's one spot open!

  5. #65
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Quote Originally Posted by JOLLY View Post
    can I be a part of it?
    of course. we already have a bunch for this track, but i dont intend to stop doing this anytime soon. plenty more to work on after this one.


    Quote Originally Posted by DankStar View Post
    gave a new dealio a shot:
    (rough mix)
    http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8212085

    3 separate waves in a zip here:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/29228240...waves.zip.html

    (they'll need to be mixed in, reverbed. has a limit of 10 downloads so if peeps just want to hear the mix, please go to soundclick, and don't download)

    lemme know if it'll work.

    ROCK
    downloading now. the soundclick track sounds incredibly badass.

    ill check to see if the download worked tomorrow, just got back from KISS and need some sleep
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  6. #66
    Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mosh Pits of Utumno
    Posts
    14,535

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-250 View Post
    downloading now. the soundclick track sounds incredibly badass.

    ill check to see if the download worked tomorrow, just got back from KISS and need some sleep
    there's a sorta flubbed note at the end - I can fix if it bothers you. If you like, I can upload the reverbed and/or mixed gits. I just used that free (Kjaerhus Audio) classic reverb (stock big' n bright setting for main solo, and stock room settings for the other 2. Guitar 1 was in the center at -0.91 db, Guitar 2 was 37% right at -3.6 db, and Guitar 3 was 15% left at -1.49 db). Gotta say, I love the classic series of effects, and I miss them with my mac (did this round with my work PC).

    last night I realized I really like recording guitars with compression at the front end. seems to make them jump out more then applying compression after they're recorded.

    anxious to hear it all put together, that'll be fun.
    Last edited by DankStar; 10-13-2009 at 07:00 AM.

  7. #67
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    i also have the classic series effects, so ill just use your settings. i never use reverb on any of my stuff though, or compression. only effects i ever use are chorus and flanger on leads and chorus on vocals. my rhythm guitars are always just lone distortion. perhaps ill try dicking around with some effects like that later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  8. #68
    BrandNewGlossologist Diocletian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,048

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    That solo was sweet Dank! Nice and melodic, suited the vibe perfectly.

    Hey Ex-250 if you PM me your email addy I'll get my wee lead sent to you as a wav. file.

  9. #69
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    PM'd
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  10. #70
    BrandNewGlossologist Diocletian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,048

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    And replied. DOH!

  11. #71
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    just a speed bump. my idea should work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  12. #72
    BrandNewGlossologist Diocletian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,048

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    We'll get round it somehow.

  13. #73
    Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mosh Pits of Utumno
    Posts
    14,535

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Quote Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
    That solo was sweet Dank! Nice and melodic, suited the vibe perfectly.

    Hey Ex-250 if you PM me your email addy I'll get my wee lead sent to you as a wav. file.
    thanks man!

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-250 View Post
    i also have the classic series effects, so ill just use your settings. i never use reverb on any of my stuff though, or compression. only effects i ever use are chorus and flanger on leads and chorus on vocals. my rhythm guitars are always just lone distortion. perhaps ill try dicking around with some effects like that later.
    wow, I couldn't survive without reverb on solos. but however you want to mix it is cool.
    Last edited by DankStar; 10-13-2009 at 06:26 PM.

  14. #74
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    i'll throw in just a hint of it on the POD for solos. usually ill have a phaser on or something anyhow, i love modulation on leads
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  15. #75
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    yet another problem- my main harddrive died. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. so not only may all this stuff be gone forever, but one of my other projects' whole double-album that was nearly finished may be completely gone as well. this really really blows. im gonna see if i can recover it all with this transfer cable thing tomorrow or whenever i get it, hopefully it works
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  16. #76
    Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mosh Pits of Utumno
    Posts
    14,535

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-250 View Post
    yet another problem- my main harddrive died. fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. so not only may all this stuff be gone forever, but one of my other projects' whole double-album that was nearly finished may be completely gone as well. this really really blows. im gonna see if i can recover it all with this transfer cable thing tomorrow or whenever i get it, hopefully it works
    ouch. well, if we use the last WAV that you sent around (which I still have) of the re-done drums and your gits-n-bass, we can just layer over that can't we? it'll be stuck mix-wise for the drums, rhythms, and bass, but it sounded good. we could just toss our solos over that mix.

    sucks about the double album.

  17. #77
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    yeah, i downloaded that one. i did want to change them mix though. oh well. i also downloaded yours & diocletians lead parts, so this song is salvageable as it is.

    still a **** situation though. if i lose that double, thats just hours and hours of stuff thats gone. ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  18. #78
    Her Little Mojo Minion DankStar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Mosh Pits of Utumno
    Posts
    14,535

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Quote Originally Posted by ex-250 View Post
    yeah, i downloaded that one. i did want to change them mix though. oh well. i also downloaded yours & diocletians lead parts, so this song is salvageable as it is.

    still a **** situation though. if i lose that double, thats just hours and hours of stuff thats gone. ugh.
    can't imagine how much work goes into a double album. I hope you can salvage the files!

  19. #79
    Riffologist Extraordinaire ex-250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Age
    33
    Posts
    7,166

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    yeah. luckily we still havent recorded the other guy's parts yet, so the only stuff id lose is things i did myself. but it was a ****ing lot of stuff. rhythm guitars & bass for 24 songs, leads and vocals for 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceman View Post
    It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

  20. #80
    BrandNewGlossologist Diocletian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,048

    Default Re: Who wants to join my 70s/stoner-rock band?

    Ouch.
    Hopefully it'll be cool and you can salvage all your stuff.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •