Likes Likes:  0

Thread: crate glx212 clips anyone?

Default crate glx212 clips anyone?

anyone have any clips of this amp and or opinions of it

Default Re: crate glx212 clips anyone?

Unfortunatley I don't have a way to record some clips for you. However, I can tell you my thoughts on this amp. The clean channel sounds nice, alittle warm but not too much. The rhythm channel is more a light distortion. In my opinion this channel sounds best with the gain between 6 and 10. I don't really use this channel much because I feel the distortion is too thin for me. The solo channel is the channel I use the most. The thing I do not like about this channel is that it only has one knob for your EQ (shape). When I bought this amp I wanted it to be simple and it is, however sometimes I feel I could get the tones I'm looking for outside of a knob that goes from 0-10. Like I said this channel gets the most use because I feel it offers a thicker and crunchier distortion. As for the effects I don't use them much, but they are fun to mess around with. Overall, it's not a bad amp, I would check one out before you buy it. But I don't think $500 is the best price for this amp. Check out the used market (ebay and shops) because you could easliy get one of these for about $150 - $200 cheaper. Hope this helps and good luck.
    -Tom

Epiphone G400 w/Duncan Custom
    Vox VT15
    Washburn D10SCE
    Getsch Electromatic Junior Jet Bass