Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Default Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

What US President had the best haircut?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

King Midas to Cheap Guitars dominus's Avatar

Default Re: The Well LXXXXI: Fall to your knees... and bow to the refinishing lord.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbend View Post
    Have you broken any bones that weren't you own?
    Broke my brother's nose when we were kids.
    "Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Want to trade? You go first. I've got over 15,000 feedback as a seller on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post
    What US President had the best haircut?
    John Quincy Adams. Rocking mutton chops AND a skullet.

"Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished." Isaiah 13:16

"Kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." Numbers 31:17-18

Lovely BIG Starologist bluesbend's Avatar

Do you have any prenatal memories?
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy

I've only taken part in two of these Wells so far and it's just struck me that by asking the kind of questions I've been asking it's more like I'm setting you up for a punchline rather than taking what is a great opportunity to actually get to know some pretty interesting people. So here's a couple of more serious questions.

I'm aware of the rules regarding religious themes on these boards but you don't strike me as the kind of guy who would get too up in arms over a simple question about your beliefs and I find it interesting that you have a biblical quote in your sig which isn't particularly pro-Christian. Would you call yourself a spiritual person, even if you are not in the strictest sense of the word 'religious'?

What are your opinions on drugs and the hypothetical legalization of them? I'm talking from weed right up to psychotropics and stuff like Heroin.

Can you honestly say that you've without a doubt been in love? Do you even believe in love? How about soulmates?

Without meaning to get too political, how much is freedom of speech really worth?
    I remember calloused hands and paint-stained jeans, and I remember safe-as-houses self-belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Kam View Post

I'm aware of the rules regarding religious themes on these boards but you don't strike me as the kind of guy who would get too up in arms over a simple question about your beliefs and I find it interesting that you have a biblical quote in your sig which isn't particularly pro-Christian. Would you call yourself a spiritual person, even if you are not in the strictest sense of the word 'religious'?
    Not at all.

What are your opinions on drugs and the hypothetical legalization of them? I'm talking from weed right up to psychotropics and stuff like Heroin.
    They can legalize them as soon as they come up with an "drug-alyzer" that can tell if someone is driving while high. I don't care what people put into their bodies, but if someone under the influence hits me, it's game over for them.

Can you honestly say that you've without a doubt been in love? Do you even believe in love? How about soulmates?
    Yeah, this one is tough. I'm pretty cynical these days. Had a bad marriage. It's amazing how much a person can change once you commit to spending the rest of your life with them.

Without meaning to get too political, how much is freedom of speech really worth?
    Depends on if you mean the standard accepted freedom of speech, or the libertarian outlook. Should we allow the F- word on normal TV? That would dilute it's meaning, wouldn't it? We'd have to come up with a new one.. like festizio.

Personally, I see the Constitution as a living document. The founding fathers could not foresee what would happen in the future. (Hell, in the 70s, 80s, even 90s, could you imagine having your entire music collection on a music device that fits easily in your pocket? ) I see both sides of the two most argued about amendments.

For the first.. just because we *can* say whatever we want, doesn't mean we should. The world would be a better place if people thought before they spoke/acted. I've seen so much on the internet that I'm convinced that either there's a new group-think going on out there, or people are getting crazier.

For the second.. it was a poorly written amendment. A few more commas/periods could have cleaned up the intent. And I say that as a gun owner.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJohn View Post
    Pretty much.It's usually a twitfest for the most part,(and believe me I definitely include myself in that group after some of the moronic things I've said).It seems that wells go into 2 categories 1 (the usual) see who has some of the funniest responses to bizarre questions or 2 someone says something that opens a floodgate to a very interesting well (JMoose and Hunter's well's are great example's)

I however am a firm beliver in the twitfest,so with that in mind...........Yo dominus,how ya doing buddy?
    Just waking up, time to grab a can of Pepsi Max.

For wiping:back to front or front to back?
    Does anyone go back to front? That just seems illogical. And awkward.

I have a very deep introspective question for Dominus.

It might cause you to question the very fibre of your being, and explore areas of your psyche you didn't know exist. The purpose of this question is to uncover those formative things that impacted you as a child and continue to guide your life today. It is meant as an existential deconstruction of the person you are.

so without further ado, my question, Dominus, is:

WTF mang?!

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar

Do You love old Skool Metallica? is that why the topic for your well?

I do like old Metallica. I started listening to them back when I was 12 (And Justice For All had just come out), and the black album was such a major disappointement.

If you could have this guitar for free, but weren't allowed to sell it or scavenge parts from it, would you do it??

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/produ...2C+Inc%2E+Case
    Ministers and superstars
    are drinking champagne in their cars
    6 strings on a 12 guitar
    all my dreams are made of stars
    and the rock and roll still burns in me

Quote Originally Posted by Gingrel View Post
    If you could have this guitar for free, but weren't allowed to sell it or scavenge parts from it, would you do it??

http://www.guitarvillage.co.uk/produ...2C+Inc%2E+Case
    WOW. I have no idea what I'd do with it. If I couldn't sell it, I probably wouldn't take it, I'd let someone else who'd put it to use grab it.

Guitars should be played, not hung on walls. Even though I have too many, I still pick them up and play them all.

Underglazed Hair Metalologist 80's_Metal's Avatar

When are you going to paint one of your guitars like this

Quote Originally Posted by 80's_Metal View Post
    When are you going to paint one of your guitars like this
    That's just a picture that's been laminated to the top.

I've got a skull pile BC Rich V, I wish it was just about any other body style, it's uncomfortable to play, but looks awesome as hell.

NeXT!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjoneser View Post
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

I didn't know The Well was supposed to last for a month. Are you going for some type of record or something?

Lovely BIG Starologist bluesbend's Avatar

Pass it on to Jolly or Gingrel! Or Jolly!
    " you tell it like you're barefoot while you wear those hundred dollar shoes. Yeah, you can shuck and jive me all ya want to but, please please please, don't tell me 'bout the blues!"......Buddy Guy